• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Request: "Art Commission Request - Roxy"

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
=== ART COMMISSION REQUEST ===

:: NAME ::
Roxy (Female)

:: TYPE ::
"Vulpine" (D&D species - General structure of her is quadripetal fox-like with modifications detailed below)

:: PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION ::
Roxy is a quadripetal, fox-like species with several distinct features. These features include :

- Shorter, narrower legs

- A sleek and low-down body posture

- A shorter, broader snout

- Smaller ears, however prominent

- A MUCH longer tail, almost as long as her body from tip-to-rump
(If this helps, her canon length from tip of nose to base of tail is 24" (61cm), and her tail is 20" (50cm))

- A prominent "stripe" going down entirely down her head and back (more info on "Fur/Color Description")

:: FUR/COLOR DESCRIPTION ::

- Her "Base Fur" is a short, tan/orange colored fur which takes up the entirity of her back, top of face, and majority of tail.

- Her "Under Fur" is a much longer white fur which takes up her belly, neck, bottom of face (just below the snout), and tip of the tail.

- The base of her legs start off with the "Base Fur" color, but gradually darken until it is completely black by about 2/3s the way down the leg.

- The "stripe" mentioned above is a deep copper, almost brown colored stripe that goes from the top of her snout, over the head, and down the back to the base of her tail. Appreciate a seamless color blend from the stripe to the rest of her Base Fur.

:: OTHER DESCRIPTION ::

- Ears are colored with the "Base Fur" color, with the tips black

- Eyes are an amber color, with slitted pupils

- Tail is colored with the "Base Fur", with the tip white

- For posing, I will give to the artist's creativity. However, I wish to challenge some willing artists to see her in a curled up pose, and her perched on something precarious. She is mostly shy and cruious, so you can express that mood in her face/body posture if you desire.

=====

Below is previous artwork created by other artists as to help make the process easier for artists interested. I will also highlight what I enjoyed about these art pieces. Kudos to the artists of the below artwork who helped bring Roxy to life!

(Bottom picture www.furaffinity.net: Roxy attempts by BluefiremarkII

+ Color, and location of color is spot on!
+ Her size and shape (although standing, which I don't want) is generally accurate (Legs are understandably longer than I would prefer)

(www.furaffinity.net: Roxy attempts by BluefiremarkII top right image)

+ Love the "poofy" fur on her chest!
+ Size is accurate, but appreciated being more lean.
+ Stripe location around the face is correct, although color is incorrect.

Updated:
=== ROXY'S ARTWORK COMMISSION DESCRIPTION (v3) ===

Roxy (Female)

Roxy appears similar to a fox-like species, with otherwise several distinct features including:

- Proportionally shorter, narrower legs

- A "sleek and low-down" body posture,

- Shorter, broader snout.

- Proportionally smaller ears, although visually prominent.

- A MUCH longer tail, spanning almost the length of Roxy from tip of nose to rump. She would be able to wrap said tail around her body.

- A prominent "stripe", which goes from the tip of her nose, over her head, down the entirity of her back, tapering off by the rump of her tail.

If any of the below information helps to proportionally understand and "draw" her size, her "Canon" measurements are as follows:

To Shoulder : 12" (30cm)
Tip-to-rump : 24" (61cm)
Tail : 20" (50cm)
Ears : 4.7" (12cm)
(More measurement info will be added overtime as I get to 'understand' her more through the artwork created of her)

:: FUR/COLORING DESCRIPTION ::
- Her "BASE" Fur is a short, tan/orange (with a slight touch of pink) colored fur, taking up the majority of her back, top of face, and majority of tail.

- Her "UNDER" fur is a much longer white fur taking up her belly, neck, bottom of face (below the snout), and tip of the tail.

- Her legs start from her BASE fur, but then gradually becomes darker until around the knee joint, where beyond that is complete black.

- The "stripe" mentioned earlier is this copper, almost red colored stripe of fur that goes from the tip of her nose, over her head, down the entirity of her back, tapering off by the rump of her tail.

:: OTHER ::

- Ears are colored with the BASE fur, the tips of them black. Insides of ear are colored UNDER fur, with some ear "fluff" colored with BASE fur, or a lighter variant.

- Eyes are an amber color, and generally large (image linked further below isn't a fully accurate representation)

- Nose is colored Black

- Tail is colored BASE fur, with the tip being white

- For posing, I will leave to the artist's creativity. She is a very shy, yet curious and determined fella, so it be apprecative (but definitely not required) to give her that personality. However, below are some further instructions and guidance on what I might want for this current session of artwork.

[Referenced Artwork. Thank you to mangomango (Saber)!]
www.furaffinity.net: precarious Roxy by BluefiremarkII
=============
Current Recommendations

So now I have some artwork to work with, and I love the stylization. However, I am now after something a bit more "true to life". That is intentionally vague, as I'm not completely sure what direction that would go for. For posing, I'm now looking for frontal views and/or headshots. Admittedly, I haven't really seen her face. stuck_out_tongue

Last edited:

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
He's looking for one correct one to make it easier for a commission he will do instead of piecing things together. Otherwise he can't do it

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
1592877986.chynx_roxy_redo.jpg

Hope this works!

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
He says, the eyes sold it.

Although if interested in critique, he would say make the "stripe" more reddish-copper and to maybe tone down the deer in headlights, not like he's mad at it at all of course

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Okay. So.
Tell him/her the below.
=====
Great work on the color correction for the stripe!!

There are two things I'd like to experiment with:

One is the removal of part of her scruff (outlined in red), replacing it with her back fur, and some basic transition from back to neck. Make sure to add the missing part of the stripe that had been hidden by the scruff.

The other is to reduce her eye size just a bit more. Maybe a size a bit more realistic proportionally, but I am all forward on the stylization of keeping the bigger eyes.

You don't *have* to make more corrections no force on you here but if you're willing to you can.

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
Okay. So.
Tell him/her the below.
=====
Great work on the color correction for the stripe!!

There are two things I'd like to experiment with:

One is the removal of part of her scruff (outlined in red), replacing it with her back fur, and some basic transition from back to neck. Make sure to add the missing part of the stripe that had been hidden by the scruff.

The other is to reduce her eye size just a bit more. Maybe a size a bit more realistic proportionally, but I am all forward on the stylization of keeping the bigger eyes.

You don't *have* to make more corrections no force on you here but if you're willing to you can.
Q8Py8Cg.png

I did my best with the eye size - not quite used to drawing smaller eyes!

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
"Hey,
If you haven't already thanked Saber, can you post this thank you message in the Roxy art thread?
===

I would like to thank you Saber for bringing Roxy to life! I also wish to thank you for being patient and willing to do all the edits I wanted for her.

Feel free to continue work on her in different poses if you wish (standing around, curled up, etc). Eventually I will compile an updated post to finalize her description, and recieve stylizations of Roxy from other artists, which again feel free to assist with.

Thank you once again!"

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Updated:
=== ROXY'S ARTWORK COMMISSION DESCRIPTION (v3) ===

Roxy (Female)

Roxy appears similar to a fox-like species, with otherwise several distinct features including:

- Proportionally shorter, narrower legs

- A "sleek and low-down" body posture,

- Shorter, broader snout.

- Proportionally smaller ears, although visually prominent.

- A MUCH longer tail, spanning almost the length of Roxy from tip of nose to rump. She would be able to wrap said tail around her body.

- A prominent "stripe", which goes from the tip of her nose, over her head, down the entirity of her back, tapering off by the rump of her tail.

If any of the below information helps to proportionally understand and "draw" her size, her "Canon" measurements are as follows:

To Shoulder : 12" (30cm)
Tip-to-rump : 24" (61cm)
Tail : 20" (50cm)
Ears : 4.7" (12cm)
(More measurement info will be added overtime as I get to 'understand' her more through the artwork created of her)

:: FUR/COLORING DESCRIPTION ::
- Her "BASE" Fur is a short, tan/orange (with a slight touch of pink) colored fur, taking up the majority of her back, top of face, and majority of tail.

- Her "UNDER" fur is a much longer white fur taking up her belly, neck, bottom of face (below the snout), and tip of the tail.

- Her legs start from her BASE fur, but then gradually becomes darker until around the knee joint, where beyond that is complete black.

- The "stripe" mentioned earlier is this copper, almost red colored stripe of fur that goes from the tip of her nose, over her head, down the entirity of her back, tapering off by the rump of her tail.

:: OTHER ::

- Ears are colored with the BASE fur, the tips of them black. Insides of ear are colored UNDER fur, with some ear "fluff" colored with BASE fur, or a lighter variant.

- Eyes are an amber color, and generally large (image linked further below isn't a fully accurate representation)

- Nose is colored Black

- Tail is colored BASE fur, with the tip being white

- For posing, I will leave to the artist's creativity. She is a very shy, yet curious and determined fella, so it be apprecative (but definitely not required) to give her that personality. However, below are some further instructions and guidance on what I might want for this current session of artwork.

[Referenced Artwork. Thank you to mangomango (Saber)!]
www.furaffinity.net: precarious Roxy by BluefiremarkII
=============
Current Recommendations

So now I have some artwork to work with, and I love the stylization. However, I am now after something a bit more "true to life". That is intentionally vague, as I'm not completely sure what direction that would go for. For posing, I'm now looking for frontal views and/or headshots. Admittedly, I haven't really seen her face. stuck_out_tongue