• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

art pricing help?

SHuuN-Arts

1569685226.shuun-arts_coms_template.png

here are my prices atm, i need help with them since im not sure if its too high or too low
here are my recent arts
1580907642.shuun-arts_chubby.jpg
1581073796.shuun-arts_mad.jpg
1580986981.shuun-arts_goa.png
1580907084.shuun-arts_peace_line_art.jpg
1580382311.shuun-arts_yelling_bun.jpg
1580905620.shuun-arts_elsa_powah.jpg
1580986758.shuun-arts_woof.jpg

1578591409.shuun-arts_chingchingchingchong.jpg
1580376230.shuun-arts_o_boi.jpg

thank you so much for looking into my thread!
i hope you all have a nice day/night^^

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
forums.furaffinity.net: On The Increasingly Agitating Subject Of Pricing Your Art

I like your art! I have no money (or characters) so I can't really commission anyone right now, but keep up the good work!

If I WAS in the business of purchasing art, I'd say your prices look about fair? Maybe round a few prices up/down to reach more aesthetically pleasing numbers ($20 looks better than $18 and leads to less little calculations like "oh, it's $2 less so I need to carry the 8" IMHO, and doesn't make much of a difference in the wallet of a potential buyer. Plus, $10, $20, $30 looks nice and logical, even if logic doesn't really have anything to do with art). Sorry I couldn't provide better feedback, I know more about price psychology than art lol.

Take what I say with a grain of salt and read the link up top.

Great art!

Vinfang

Indie Game Artist / Telegram: vinfang
I think you are a well-rounded artist, and your pricing can go a bit higher, about 50%.

To be honest, I found geography factors in more when it came to pricing one's art.

I have seen god-tier commissions at very low prices all because the artists themselves were living somewhere in Vietnam or Thailand.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Holy meowies, I LOVE your art style! >w<

As I heard, the price may get higher if you bring them to the groups of higher demand! And regarding that, the prices can go 1.5x / 2x from your current prices, I presume!

shirogu5

I have the feeling that you are undercutting yourself way too much. Try to make pricings that are reasonable for yourself aswell, look at howmuch time you spend on an artwork and also perhaps look at peers who do similar artwork, and howmuch they sell it. Making your prices lower doesn't necessarily mean you get faster buyers aswell, people are mostly interested in the artwork itself regardless of price.

This video should be perfect for you:

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Making your prices lower doesn't necessarily mean you get faster buyers aswell, people are mostly interested in the artwork itself regardless of price.

When I was first told so, it was really surprising because in Korea(where I live), it rarely works like that.

I don't know if it's the influence from the 'people of servicing' culture of Korea, but what I have been observing was that the artists bend over to buyers, which isn't likely the case for majority of worldwide commissioning culture.
In Korea, no matter the time spent, tools used or the skill level archieved, buyers tend to treat it naturally that the lowest possible price + highest possible quality the factor to pay their bucks for. (The exception applies to the so called god-tiers, both actuall god-skilled artists and the artists with massive personal connections) It's not the matter of whether you get buyers quicker, but whether you actually do get a buyer or not at all.

My fellow Korean artists were in pain until they realized it's not right. We must have lost hundreds of potential bucks due to this.... I hate Korea....

Last edited:

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Yeah... Your color shaded head shots are way too low. I know it takes a while to do them. It's hard to even get a badge at a con for less than $20.

shirogu5

When I was first told so, it was really surprising because in Korea(where I live), it rarely works like that.

I don't know if it's the influence from the 'people of servicing' culture of Korea, but what I have been observing was that the artists bend over to buyers, which isn't likely the case for majority of worldwide commissioning culture.
In Korea, no matter the time spent, tools used or the skill level archieved, buyers tend to treat it naturally that the lowest possible price + highest possible quality the factor to pay their bucks for. (The exception applies to the so called god-tiers, both actuall god-skilled artists and the artists with massive personal connections) It's not the matter of whether you get buyers quicker, but whether you actually do get a buyer or not at all.

My fellow Korean artists were in pain until they realized it's not right. We must have lost hundreds of potential bucks due to this.... I hate Korea....

This is why the art industry is very hard and extremely competitive, you have to be skilled and stand out in your work by having your own style. There are dozens of people out there trying to compete with you. In the end, I personally think it is still the best to stay true to yourself and draw what you really like from your own preferences. This is what makes something unique to yourself imo. If you really want to succeed, you really have to love doing art a lot and stick at it at all times, trying to improve and refining yourself. It will definetely take a while till you get interest from people, but that is good, if everything came so easy, what's the point. Instead of lowering prices of your art, I think perhaps it's better to just set a price you want gain from making artworks and try to improve your artistic skills till it reaches this price standard.