• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Art thief issue

This user here: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/rileymorningstar/

Whose account consists of traced artwork from this user: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/namygaga

He is incredibly shameless in his thievery, as shown in his comments on this journal: https://www.furaffinity.net/journal/9901072

And has been doing this for quite some time as shown from here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQZnQKDnwhO/?utm_medium=copy_link

And is continuing to steal artist from her, all from different sites.

Now I've tried to make a report with a trouble ticket, but they didn't really do much, since it was a "third party" report, even with plain as day evidence.

Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:

Lutro

Writer
The lack of being able to report art solely because you aren't the original artist is really an issue FA needs to address. It really shows how damaging the "if you aren't the artist you can't report it no exceptions" policy is, when there's blatant and obvious disregard evidenced here.

It's tantamount to FA supporting the practice, and it's really something they should answer for. I do not understand why they pretend they can't do something until and unless the original artist points it to them.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
The question is: What if the art on someone's profile was commissioned or made by a friend? What if they have full legal rights to the artwork and the reporter just isn't aware of it?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
The lack of being able to report art solely because you aren't the original artist is really an issue FA needs to address. It really shows how damaging the "if you aren't the artist you can't report it no exceptions" policy is, when there's blatant and obvious disregard evidenced here.

It's tantamount to FA supporting the practice, and it's really something they should answer for. I do not understand why they pretend they can't do something until and unless the original artist points it to them.
The question is: What if the art on someone's profile was commissioned or made by a friend? What if they have full legal rights to the artwork and the reporter just isn't aware of it?
What Jared said.

Kinda like COC, this is probably why they wait to penalize folks instead of just assuming it was intended to be offensive. Maybe it's them on a second account pretending to steal their own art and incite drama. That's why it's important to let the owner/affected do the reporting. If it comes back wrong and someone got suspended/banned for uploading something they paid for and had rights to, it would be incredibly foolish. Imagine the abuse if they just took everyone's word for it! XD

Seeing as the original artist has already been contacted, it's up to them to open a ticket and wait for staff to get to it. Not much more to it.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
On Deviantart I've had users make me art and they wanted me to put it into my own gallery because they simply don't like Sonic Oc's, this sort of thing happens when someone makes someone else art, but due to not liking how it turned out or due to them simply not wanting it on their homepage they say for the person who they made it for to put in in their own gallery.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Before getting to view the details of both artists, I suppose if the original artist(referred to OA below) is aware of this yet all this is still not being stopped--I suppose the OA is never even close to be threatened by it, whether it's because the OA is cool or because OA is still better than the another. OpO

quoting_mungo

Before getting to view the details of both artists, I suppose if the original artist(referred to OA below) is aware of this yet all this is still not being stopped--I suppose the OA is never even close to be threatened by it, whether it's because the OA is cool or because OA is still better than the another. OpO
According to what the artist says, the content was reuploaded after removal. Some people unfortunately do this kind of thing.

I'm now wondering that if the artist ever did make a report, and I'm sure/hoping she did, is how long it'll take for the admins to take action. I don't want to keep pestering the artist with questions like that, and I know trying to directly contact the owner or a staff member on the matter will likely not do me any good, but the dude just keeps on stealing without a care in the world.

Last edited: