• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Art trade - Freaky Monsters

Phase2

I am open to an artrade if anyone is interest!
heres my samples.
deviantart

I'm open to all styles
sketchy or cleaned up
and any lengths portrait/half/fullbody

though I am looking for some colour included, even if its just flat colour!

I really want art of my oc, Fatkat. I just love him so much and would love to see someone else's interpretation of him
toyhouse references

He has a ton of mouths under his folds. and is generally just freaky looking!

please let me know if you're interested~

Maur

Based Imperial Scum
Holy smoking snakes, that design is kickass! I'd absolutely love to draw this guy! Thing is, none of my creatures (that I've bothered to draw so far) are even a quarter as awesome as this fellow.

I've got this big lug - Cliff, the boreal titan - but, yeah, I'unno if he's freaky enough.

Ref 1

Ref 2

Ref 3

Anyhooteroos, if you don't fancy my oversized smurf that's OK, I'd still love to try drawing Fatcat. Cheers!

Phase2

Holy smoking snakes, that design is kickass! I'd absolutely love to draw this guy! Thing is, none of my creatures (that I've bothered to draw so far) are even a quarter as awesome as this fellow.

I've got this big lug - Cliff, the boreal titan - but, yeah, I'unno if he's freaky enough.

Ref 1

Ref 2

Ref 3

Anyhooteroos, if you don't fancy my oversized smurf that's OK, I'd still love to try drawing Fatcat. Cheers!
UM OKAY! That character is CHOICE material!
Ya boi Cliff is very much my cuppa tea!

Are you interested in a certain type of drawing? Portrait/half/full?

And how finished do you wanna get?

Flat colours or more detailed/finesse?

Maur

Based Imperial Scum
Aaaa thanks!

I wanna draw a fullbody of Fatcat - coloring, shading, the whole shebang; my goal is to make it at least as detailed as the first ref of Cliff.
I give you absolute freedom with my guy and how you wish to draw him. If you just wanna sketch his head that's perfectly alright. Go nuts with his expression/pose/whateveree-whateveroos lol. Also, take all the time you want and need.

Lastly, lemme know if you need more refs of Cliffers - 90% of my art stays in offline land. :D

Cheerios!
Off to speedpaint ideas!

Phase2

awesome sounds good to me! thank you! please send me more info on him if you can! it will help me come up with stuff :D

from what I understand, he's a supper chillax dude with a calm/kind personality?~ maybe even partakes in a little bit o' leaf from time to time ;) haha

Last edited:

Maur

Based Imperial Scum
Sure thing!

"partakes in a little bit o' leaf from time to time"

Oh. Yes! Despite being covered in snow, his territories are home to a wide array of plants with hallucinogenic/psychoactive effects. They can be consumed, smoked, smelled - whatever floats your boat.

He's a laid-back fellow who usually keeps to himself in the mountains where he vibes to the flow of nature. He's not the sharpest; can't count past five and speaks in third-person. Although familiar with all of the local wildlife he can't remember what they're called and makes up names of his own. Example: Plants are "green things", bears and foxes are "fluffy things", birds are "feathers" etc. Also, blizzards, icy rain, avalanches etc don't bother him - it's just "nature being nature".

There's a large human settlement not far from where he usually hangs and whenever he needs to sate his social needs he'll pay the place a visit. They like him and he likes them (especially the gossip and stories they have to offer). When he's not chit-chatting with them he assists them in hunting down various invasive species of yetis, werewolves, cyclopes etc.

The only thing I don't have any info on is his exact size. Whenever I draw him his height ends up being somewhere between a large oak to the Eiffel Tower (hooray for inconsistency haha).

Hope that wasn't too much of a text wall lol.

Phase2

Sure thing!

"partakes in a little bit o' leaf from time to time"

Oh. Yes! Despite being covered in snow, his territories are home to a wide array of plants with hallucinogenic/psychoactive effects. They can be consumed, smoked, smelled - whatever floats your boat.

He's a laid-back fellow who usually keeps to himself in the mountains where he vibes to the flow of nature. He's not the sharpest; can't count past five and speaks in third-person. Although familiar with all of the local wildlife he can't remember what they're called and makes up names of his own. Example: Plants are "green things", bears and foxes are "fluffy things", birds are "feathers" etc. Also, blizzards, icy rain, avalanches etc don't bother him - it's just "nature being nature".

There's a large human settlement not far from where he usually hangs and whenever he needs to sate his social needs he'll pay the place a visit. They like him and he likes them (especially the gossip and stories they have to offer). When he's not chit-chatting with them he assists them in hunting down various invasive species of yetis, werewolves, cyclopes etc.

The only thing I don't have any info on is his exact size. Whenever I draw him his height ends up being somewhere between a large oak to the Eiffel Tower (hooray for inconsistency haha).

Hope that wasn't too much of a text wall lol.
ohh this is perfect, thank you so much! I already have a few ideas now! ;)

Maur

Based Imperial Scum
Awesome!
One question about Fatcat: Do his mouths share one* tongue or do they all have one of their own?

* Like, uhhh, like a moray eel dwelling in a reef, giving lil' eely plenty of holes to peek out of

Phase2

Awesome!
One question about Fatcat: Do his mouths share one* tongue or do they all have one of their own?

* Like, uhhh, like a moray eel dwelling in a reef, giving lil' eely plenty of holes to peek out of
well now that you mention it i didnt give that much thought tbh. it could be either at this point. i think my brain was thinking that he would have more than one tongue, they can come out all at the same time and vary in sizes and types (some may be forked, others may have two thin tongues inside or one giant fat round one, but if you wanna do the whack a tongue idea, thats cool too because honestly thats such a cool idea haha!

Maur

Based Imperial Scum
Finished! Sadly, I had to make it tiny to fit the size limit - FAF can't handle Fatcat's behemothic awesomeness.
The original is 4000 x 3122. I'm gonna go recover my Deviantart password and see if Stash can be of any use.

Anyway, lemme know if there's anything that needs changing!
Cheerios!

EDIT: Yaaaaasssss! Stash is cooperative!
Full size

Attachments

• Fatcat - trade - Small.jpg
    Fatcat - trade - Small.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Excuse me, but I need you two to collaborate more, please.

This is amazing, it makes me so happy. I would greatly, heavily suggest you both do more together.

Phase2

Finished! Sadly, I had to make it tiny to fit the size limit - FAF can't handle Fatcat's behemothic awesomeness.
The original is 4000 x 3122. I'm gonna go recover my Deviantart password and see if Stash can be of any use.

Anyway, lemme know if there's anything that needs changing!
Cheerios!

EDIT: Yaaaaasssss! Stash is cooperative!
Full size
AHhh!

AHHhhhhfsdkjhk

ohhhh maaan, i keep screaming at this and just staring in silence before screaming again.
I haven't seen any of my characters portrayed like this in a while, you made me so happy on this beautiful day ;_; thank you ahh

For real, this is SO GOOD. the lighting beams coming through the upper bars, that trade mark evil grin, the tongues slinking out of his clothing, the EVERYTHING! the whole mood and shadows and how he's standing just far enough away, blocking the exit, that i'd be worried he'd shoot his cane out at me any second.
Like, i do not trust this guy one bit and yet i am morbidly intrigued on what he might have to say...

you done so great ;_; thank you so much~
I love the large version! I need to stare at this in the highest resolution i can get my grimy hands on haha

and my half of the trade is still in the works! I'm sorry im slow! I wanted to do a full bg and im not used to them, so i apologize in advance! haha its a'come'n

no but seriously, thank you for existing

Phase2

This is amazing, it makes me so happy. I would greatly, heavily suggest you both do more together.
ohhh you are so sweet! thank you for the kind words!~

honestly i love bantering about characters. its nice to find people that banter back every once in a while, else i just do it to the weirdo in front of my bathroom mirror hahaa

Maur

Based Imperial Scum
asdfdada Oh my Gonarks, your reaction is seriously giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside (and it's not the tomato soup lol)! I'm so happy you like my interpretation of him!

Regarding the setting, you know that cliché thing people say whenever you present a character with a creepy smile? The "Oooo I wouldn't want to meet this fellow in a dark alley" so I went "HAAHAAH that's exactly what's gonna happen here!" My guess is that you're seeing him from the POV of someone who agreed to meet him there - maybe they're about to sell him some black market Enchantment? The question of if he's actually going to pay up or just turn'em into gory confetti is another question but, heeeheheheyyy, that's just business.

Aaa I'm rambling.
Again I'm so glad you dig the end result!

Don't worry about your half of the trade! Take all the time you want and need with it. The only reason I finished mine so quickly is because I got lucky with the sketch (for me this is the most difficult part). The only thing different about the sketch is that I had him hold the cane with his tail. The idea was fun but idk it seemed a bit off from the character, giving the way he leans as he tips his hat.

ROUGH SKETCH

By the way, is it okay if I post this to my FA? Deviantart's latest disaster layout freezes my browser so I decided to not touch it again (aside from Stash)

Nuuuuu thank YOU for bringing Fatcat into this world and giving me the opportunity to draw him!

Maur

Based Imperial Scum

I love collaborating as much as I love petting puppies but I'm baaaaaad at it (and I'm not talking about petting puppies).

Phase2

asdfdada Oh my Gonarks, your reaction is seriously giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside (and it's not the tomato soup lol)! I'm so happy you like my interpretation of him!

Regarding the setting, you know that cliché thing people say whenever you present a character with a creepy smile? The "Oooo I wouldn't want to meet this fellow in a dark alley" so I went "HAAHAAH that's exactly what's gonna happen here!" My guess is that you're seeing him from the POV of someone who agreed to meet him there - maybe they're about to sell him some black market Enchantment? The question of if he's actually going to pay up or just turn'em into gory confetti is another question but, heeeheheheyyy, that's just business.

Aaa I'm rambling.
Again I'm so glad you dig the end result!

Don't worry about your half of the trade! Take all the time you want and need with it. The only reason I finished mine so quickly is because I got lucky with the sketch (for me this is the most difficult part). The only thing different about the sketch is that I had him hold the cane with his tail. The idea was fun but idk it seemed a bit off from the character, giving the way he leans as he tips his hat.

ROUGH SKETCH

By the way, is it okay if I post this to my FA? Deviantart's latest disaster layout freezes my browser so I decided to not touch it again (aside from Stash)

Nuuuuu thank YOU for bringing Fatcat into this world and giving me the opportunity to draw him!
OMG thats exactly what i said when i saw it haha "i dont wanna meet him in an alleyway!" its perfect, man.
thank you for the roughsketch, your sketches read so well! mine are a complete disaster ahaha

and absolutely, you can post this wherever you want!
( On any other website that exists, my username is always Aaawhyme )

But on furrafinity, my username is Phase2 so if you wanna tag me, please tag Phase2!

Phase2

I love collaborating as much as I love petting puppies but I'm baaaaaad at it (and I'm not talking about petting puppies).
Heyyy sorry for the wait!
Here's your big blue boi~

Stash

sorry I didnt know where else to upload it, its kind of a big file because i have no chill! hopefully you can see it on stash (there are 2 versions)

I uploaded 2 versions. one with the symbols and one without~ because im indecisive like that! I dunno who the other guy is, just some village dude I guess, tried to match the clothes of what I saw in your other refs that had humans

thanks so much for trading with me! I'd be more than happy to trade again in the future if you ever want <3

Edit:
heres a smaller internet version on imgur

6g7VbZZ.jpg

Last edited:

Maur

Based Imperial Scum
WHOAAAAH!
I'M JOYFLAILING!

oh my gosheroos this is flinging amazing! SDJADFDJAKHA I love everything about this; The colors, the wintry atmosphere, that gentle giant theme, the smile - oooo that smile - seriously, everything about this is stellar!

Allow me a moment to marvel over how good you got his hair. Just look at those gorgeous silvery strands beaming with ambient light from the frigid surroundings! <3 I've never been able to get his hair to look that good fffff

Oh, the gentle giant theme is so adorable and spot on! I've imagined several scenarios like these but not once did I my brain suggest "Hey, Cliff likes music and people, right? So what if a bard sits in his hand while playing hmm?" AAaaaaaaaaa you're a genius for coming up with it!

Oh man I'm still joyflailing and gleegiggling (I know these aren't real words but my brain's too happy to brain rn) Seriously thank you so much for this!

Let's see, where to save this to? Ah, yes. My HEART!

Phase2

WHOAAAAH!
I'M JOYFLAILING!

oh my gosheroos this is flinging amazing! SDJADFDJAKHA I love everything about this; The colors, the wintry atmosphere, that gentle giant theme, the smile - oooo that smile - seriously, everything about this is stellar!

Allow me a moment to marvel over how good you got his hair. Just look at those gorgeous silvery strands beaming with ambient light from the frigid surroundings! <3 I've never been able to get his hair to look that good fffff

Oh, the gentle giant theme is so adorable and spot on! I've imagined several scenarios like these but not once did I my brain suggest "Hey, Cliff likes music and people, right? So what if a bard sits in his hand while playing hmm?" AAaaaaaaaaa you're a genius for coming up with it!

Oh man I'm still joyflailing and gleegiggling (I know these aren't real words but my brain's too happy to brain rn) Seriously thank you so much for this!

Let's see, where to save this to? Ah, yes. My HEART!
Ahhh I'm so glad you like it!
Ahaha it's funny because I always find hair the most difficult to draw, I'm glad it turned out the way it should!
Honestly I usually draw such evil characters and it's so refreshing to draw something a bit more pure and chill!
Thank you for being such a joy to work with! This has been my first trade in years and I had a great time ~ thank you again for the wonderful art of my nasty boi! Thankyouuu