• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Artist Co-ops: What do you think are some good rewards for art subscriptions?

What do you think of art subscriptions?

• Great way to support an artist

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I would love to do one! But I couldn't afford a monthly subscription

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I would do one if it's a good way to get art of my character

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would do one for some other rewards... I'll tell you in the thread!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
So I'm considering starting a tier reward system on ko-fi (since it operates a bit differently then Patreon and I kinda like it). I also fielding around for people who'd be interested in sharing this account with me so we can provide some good content for our subscribers. However, I want some feedback from some other artists/consumers of art.

When it comes to rewards, I've always felt like people should be are rewarded on how much they give and how long they've been giving. -Mostly because I believe in showing appreciation for sticktuitiveness and long standing support.

Of course, everyone can input ideas in what they want to happen in the community comic. I don't think subscriptions should limit access to my art or to me because thats not very community oriented.

Otherwise, I'm stuck on what other rewards I should I offer subscribers.

What is something that you'd want to see in more artist subscriptions?

Last edited:

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I was also thinking about writing little community stories too, as I am a writer. Could one of the rewards be getting a mini character arc?

Asher Grey

Probably Sleeping
I think monthly YCHs are useful because it's easier on the artist and it's also easier to make sure everyone gets the same quantity of art. You can even have headshot YCHs. There's also access to speedpaints, tutorials, etc, which are the most common I've seen. The other nice one is being entered each month into a raffle for a decent amount of art(colored fullbody, etc). That way everyone has the potential to get an amazing deal while you don't have to draw something specific for every single person. The other thing that comes to mind is that every month that someone gives, you work a bit more on a piece of art for them. It's kind of like a payment plan in a sense; first month they pay, they get a sketch. Second month, you line it. Third month, flat color. So on and so forth. It gives people an incentive to keep subscribing.

Discounts are nice if someone was spending money on you already, but it's not useful to someone who only has enough to support you monthly and doesn't have extra money to buy commissions. If someone can only afford to give a couple dollars a month, it doesn't feel nice getting anything in return unless they continue paying you larger amounts.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I think monthly YCHs are useful because it's easier on the artist and it's also easier to make sure everyone gets the same quantity of art. You can even have headshot YCHs. There's also access to speedpaints, tutorials, etc, which are the most common I've seen. The other nice one is being entered each month into a raffle for a decent amount of art(colored fullbody, etc). That way everyone has the potential to get an amazing deal while you don't have to draw something specific for every single person. The other thing that comes to mind is that every month that someone gives, you work a bit more on a piece of art for them. It's kind of like a payment plan in a sense; first month they pay, they get a sketch. Second month, you line it. Third month, flat color. So on and so forth. It gives people an incentive to keep subscribing.

Discounts are nice if someone was spending money on you already, but it's not useful to someone who only has enough to support you monthly and doesn't have extra money to buy commissions. If someone can only afford to give a couple dollars a month, it doesn't feel nice getting anything in return unless they continue paying you larger amounts.
I was thinking about a raffle, actually~. But Patreon actually has rules against raffles since people are paying in, but aren't guaranteed to get a thing out. It's like gambling/loot boxes, ethically grey. Dark grey

The check ins for art sounds like a good idea though. I might do just that for the comics, maybe~.
The check in thing sounds good for the rainmakers in particular, because you have a great point. They wouldn't get any thing until maybe 6 months in without it.

The YCHs sound like a good idea too. Especially as I get the comic off the ground.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
So, right now I'm thinking of making an artist co-op instead of just having a subscription service for myself.

-Basically, artists would make a monthly investment in the co-op by subscribing themselves, and then collect dividends at the end of the month. In return, they'd get access to a ko-fi gold account, a Picarto premium account, and a YouTube channel.

Would that be something artists would be interested in?

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Little known fact: I love spreadsheets--

So I went ahead and made an example ledger/report that an artist might get. You can check it out here:
Here are some screenshots too, if you're into that--
upload_2019-7-5_20-18-17.png

upload_2019-7-5_20-19-31.png

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes