• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

as it is pride month and all... What is your sexuality ?

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
pretty sure i am straight... although this site has exposed me to things....

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Gay <3

ben909

I'm bad at being straight, but even worse at being gay. Either that or I'm just bad at decisions.

There's demographic info kicking around all over this forum, if you're curious.
forums.furaffinity.net: Any Gay/Bi guys out there? Go to post #30
forums.furaffinity.net: A weird trend I've noticed Go to post #90

i wonder if those are still accurate though, its been 5 years, and things have changed in the world...

especially when they say
Furry consistently shows an approximate 80/20 male/female split (read more here). This holds true whether you ask about sex or gender:
as i have seen a huge rise in people that say they are transgender over the past few years, so i doubt that last part can hold true, although i have no real data to prove it.

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
@ben909 The second thread implied there's probably more women that we realize, it's just that they tend to not be as vocal for all sorts of reasons. The 80/20 might really only apply to "active online" as a number of folks commented that the statistic doesn't hold true at furry cons. Basically, that thread was a whole lot of pages of trying to figure out where there's so much gay art if not every male furry is gay, let alone the dominant group, and the conclusion, such as it were, was basically "we don't know if they're guys or gay, but apparently, everyone loves the cock."

ben909

@ben909 The second thread implied there's probably more women that we realize, it's just that they tend to not be as vocal for all sorts of reasons. The 80/20 might really only apply to "active online" as a number of folks commented that the statistic doesn't hold true at furry cons. Basically, that thread was a whole lot of pages of trying to figure out where there's so much gay art if not every male furry is gay, let alone the dominant group, and the conclusion, such as it were, was basically "we don't know if they're guys or gay, but apparently, everyone loves the cock."

The 80 20 number was not the focus of my quote, but that they said sex and gender did not make a difference, when from observation now that seems unlikely now to me, but only saying those numbers might be a bit old, not useless

Although i will admit that my comment now seems like more of a tangent then i first thought

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
Although i will admit that my comment now seems like more of a tangent then i first thought

Because no thread on this forum has ever been derailed in any way. I wouldn't be worried.

Past that - yeah, the data is old, but I don't think trans folks are a high enough percentage to explain a drift. After all, most trans folks are going to ID as their preferred gender, so I think it's a wash in the numbers. A more useful datapoint is Male/Female/Other, to see if "other" is a large enough percentage to show up.