• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

As you have seen, FA is still down, ten hours after maintenance began

According to the latest news update, the process has to be started again.

My theory is that we've somehow lost hosting for FA, all the donation money being used on "extra service amenities", and to avoid the impending shitstorm of drama, are just gonna "delay" access to the site permanently.
DOUK NOUKAIM GO

Alstor

And twice as shiny
OR... aliens have abducted the FA site staff an are using them for biological experiments. The second update was Dragoneer's last contact with humanity.

redfoxnudetoons

Banned
Banned

My theory is that we've somehow lost hosting for FA, all the donation money being used on "extra service amenities", and to avoid the impending shitstorm of drama, are just gonna "delay" access to the site permanently.
DOUK NOUKAIM GO

If that was the case, then we wouldn't be able to use FA at all....

=>.>=
It's just the usual FA screwups.

Nyloc

Evil villain
Oh noez! Some people might actually have to find something else to do! :O

OR... aliens have abducted the FA site staff an are using them for biological experiments. The second update was Dragoneer's last contact with humanity.
Harr. I'm actually serious.

Also, post your bets on the actual update length. I wanted to do a poll but I guess I'm a bit too late.
I say between two and three days. Pretty sure it's guaranteed it'll take one at least, already.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator

DOUK NOUKAIM GO
Hahaha... haha... ha... w... what?

We bought a pina colada machine with the donations, and we're all at the pool enjoying the heat and getting drunk. FA can wait.

Hahaha... haha... ha... w... what?

We bought a pina colada machine with the donations, and we're all at the pool enjoying the heat and getting drunk. FA can wait.

It's actually nice and cold where I am right now, after it was 90+ degrees all week with humidity that makes you sweat in the breeze under shade...

So I'm gonna sit inside and bitch that FA is down instead of doing things I wanted to outside =3

Alstor

And twice as shiny
Harr. I'm actually serious.
I'm being serious, too. Human biological testing is a controversial topic.

But being uber serious, we have all heard of this "DONATIONS ARE BEING MISUSED" and "FIGHT DA POWER" stuff. Same shit, different day.

Also, post your bets on the actual update length. I wanted to do a poll but I guess I'm a bit too late.
I say between two and three days. Pretty sure it's guaranteed it'll take one at least, already.
Sometime tonight.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator

Indeed we did.

2cqekhf.jpg

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
That should be all that's on the webpage when it goes down for maintenance.
Next time a virus hits the forums too. At least it would give us something nice to look at.

And yea, like I said in a different thread, just because they say the site's going down for three hours doesn't mean it's going to be back up in three hours.

Rofl did ANYONE really expect this to go without hiccups? Anyone who's been through updates and stuff on FA before should know it always has bumps ;) I'm just grumpy because I have commissions to work on and I need my notes :p

Sunktokeca

to be honest, i haven't noticed. cause of my timezone, i've been asleep the entire time it's been in read-only mode so far. when i logged on some 15 minutes ago was when i noticed ^^

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Rofl did ANYONE really expect this to go without hiccups?
Apparently so. I joined in February and even I didn't expect it to be done in three hours exactly. Shit happens.
It's an inconvenience to some, but not the end of the world.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
If you've been on FA for at least a year, you know to expect at least twice the time they claim it's going to take.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
"Read only mode" should be "Butthurt mode" since the masses of furries are whining about the downtime, forcing them to do other things OTHER than browse FA.