• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ask Me Anything - 3 Year Edition

D

Deleted member 111470

Next month marks 3 years since I joined FAF. So I figured, I might as well post this.

Feel free to ask me anything and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 111470

What exactly got you into the fandom in the first place any particular moment? How was your first experience in it?

I have always liked cartoons with anthro animals, for as long as I can remember. I thought I started with Disney, but recently I remembered that I had these comics with a blue anthro bunny and his friends. I also watched the Russian cartoon "Nu zayats, nu pogodi" before I watched Disney.

I was lurking for years and years before I decided to join in the summer of 2017. My first experience - the very first discord I joined, in the very first hour, someone DMd me pictures of their fetish without asking me if I want them, or how old I was.

Apart from that, it was lovely. I wouldn't be active for so long if I didn't like it

D

Deleted member 111470

What's the bestest memory you have of your time here?

It's actually something that happened recently - about 10 days ago or so, I was in a bad place. I disabled my furry account - discord, FA and queued up my FAF account for deletion. I was convinced that no one gives a shit if I'm here. Then, 3 days ago I activated my discord and to my delight I had a bunch of DMs and notifications from people asking where I am, and I everything is alright.

I was not expecting it. It was such an incredible feeling

D

Deleted member 132067

What drove you to say Rinma as a character is a smol, fragile and feminine boy instead of a cool badass with two flaming swords?

Why do you think fragility and femininity go hand in hand for your sona?

D

Deleted member 111470

What drove you to say Rinma as a character is a smol, fragile and feminine boy instead of a cool badass with two flaming swords?

I made Rimna like this for a number of reasons.
-I based him more on what I'm looking for on a friend and/or partner. I have always been attracted to people with slim, feminine bodies.
-He's not fragile - he's deceptively tough. He just can't gain any weight. He's stronger compared to the average monkey in his world. But, compared to the average wolf or bear, he is nothing. He spent the overwhelming majority of his life among large, predatory species, and that made him think he's pathetically weak and fragile.

At first, I didn't give that much attention to his feminine side. I made him this crazy powerful assassin. But that was stupid, so I started thinking - there has to be some drawback to what he's doing. I decided that making him more feminine and weak would be an interesting contrast. He escaped his past where he only knew violence, and he found himself in a place where he's the smallest, weakest guy for miles and miles. In my eyes, it was like out of the frying pan and into the fire.

D

Deleted member 111470

Didn't you say you were into cars before? If so, what do you like?

I like cars. I can't say I understand much in terms of specs and technical aspects, but I have a couple of favorite ones:
-The G series mercs, the square boxy SUVs;
-Old pre-2000 sedan mercs, like the 190e;
-Off-road vehicles like the land rovers or those crazy toyotas that hardly break down.

There are two jeep things in my neighborhood, that have the Dakar logo. I watched some highlights from Dakar in the desert, trucks, suvs, lightweight weird looking cars... that looks like hella fun. I wish I could try driving in a desert some day.

I guess I'm into off-roaders, and big-ass vehicles that are completely nonfunctional in any other environment

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox

Related to this, where did the name Rimna come from?

D

Deleted member 111470

Related to this, where did the name Rimna come from?

Back in late 2016, when I was playing EYE: Divine Cybermancy with my brother, I misspelled the name Commander Rimanah, and I thought "Rimna" sounds cool, so I used it.

Recently, I found out that it is probably an Arabic, feminine name, meaning "calm or composed". Which... suits the character well.