• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Associating with the furry-fandom.

I used to like anthropomorphic characters a lot, then I found out more information about the "Furry-Fandom" than I ever needed or wanted to know. Needless to say, my interest waned. Not that I don't like to draw them anymore, I just don't like to have my art associated with furry.

So.. you don't like to be in the same group sa the furry fandom?
Why, because then people would say your art sucks?
Why because, you think that the furry fandom is too drastic?
Is it making you all red?

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
I have a love/hate relationship with the fandom. There is just barely enough love in that equation to keep me posting here.
Yeah, personally I think alot of furries need to get some balls and stop having troll hunts.

Also, people just because someone hates your drawing of a animal getting eating alive while pissing and defecating in the predator's throat while the predator is getting torn to pieces does NOT make them a troll, IT MAKES THEM FREAKED THE FUCK OUT!

Solas

Compulsive Digger
In general, the fandom seems to have a negative reputation (mostly associated with "p0rn" down here), so I can understand not wanting your artwork attached.

J

Jelly

I don't really see what the difference is as long as you aren't running around telling non-furries that you're a murrpurr.

It's just one more place to post shit and get people to kiss your purple, green, pink striped ass.

I don't really see what the difference is as long as you aren't running around telling non-furries that you're a murrpurr.

It's just one more place to post shit and get people to kiss your purple, green, pink striped ass.

That made me laugh, but as long as they stay cute and murrypurry I will like them.

Ricia

proud bug
Every fandom has its asshats, pervs, weirdos and drama queens. If you don't want to be associated with a fandom cause it has some undesirable members, I hope you're ready to disassociate yourself from all of them.

Romanpower

Do The Dada Life
I never say "Furry" or "fandom", i call it anthro art. And they get interested, and i explain that it kind of like the art from Disney movies, or star fox. If i say Furry or Fandom, then people think of the Google definition of it, and it gets annoying.

Last edited:

2-Tailed Taymon

Narutarded Demon Tayra
Every fandom has its asshats, pervs, weirdos and drama llamas. If you don't want to be associated with a fandom cause it has some undesirable members, I hope you're ready to disassociate yourself from all of them.

fixed