• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Attempting to find more of a certain style of headphone

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Okay, so I've gotten to the point with standard headphones where the big headband is really, REALLY uncomfortable. So I've been on the hunt for lighter earphones.

What I wound up doing was going for the ear-hook style.

Problem is, most of the ones that hook around the ear also use an earbud that goes all the way into the ear canal. I have had multiple ear infections in the past and the pressure these would cause in that situation is VERY painful. So the headphone can't actually go inside the ear.

Unfortunately, this narrows me down to a very specific selection of headphones I can use.

Also, a lot of ear-hook headphones are wireless. I use these with my computer (which did not do well with wireless headphones last I checked) and phone, and have an adapter to use them with my tablet. I actually need them to be wired.

This has, so far, left me with exactly three options:

Audio Technica's option

Panasonic's Option

A weightier option by a brand named Lizu

The Audio Technica and Panasonic options are Japanese imports, the Lizu option is a Chinese brand I have literally never seen anywhere else. I would have stuck with just the Lizu as I actually like their feel a bit better, but one time I wound up getting one with the audio channels backwards (which is BAD for basically anything).

I am not currently in a position where I can simply forgo the headphones for use with my computer altogether, so.....

I seek more headphones of this style, or styles very close to it. Has anyone encountered them and can give recommendations?

P

PLEASE DELETE ACCOUNT

Koss KSC35
Audio Technica ATH-EQ300M

I had some variation of the Koss Clip ons about a decade ago that were pretty decent.
I had to stop using these style of headphones when I got glasses, as the little ear hooks conflict with glasses and it tends to just eventually put too much pressure on your head, your ear, or just slip off.

That said if you want light, I think the best solutions still have actual headbands like the Old standby Koss PortaPros. They weigh like 2 oz and have a lifetime warranty. They have not changed in almost 40 years I presume for a reason. My original ones lasted about 15 years or so, and by that point I just bought another.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Yeah, I have noticed the issue with glasses and the ear-clip style of headphones in the past. For some reason the Audio Technica and Panasonic clips are worse about this - I swear their clips are looser than the Lizu brand.

I'll actually consider the Porta Pro now that I've had a chance to look at them.

I must confess I am quite baffled as to why the ear-clip type of headphone never caught on in America, outside of aforementioned glasses issues.