• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Attraction to Anthros - Is this Unusual?

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
What a remarkeably accurate guess. o_O that figure usually pops out of the 'surveys'.

Sounds about right though, wouldn't you say? Only one person on this thread admitted to not being attracted to them. Still, i agree with Dr. Cox. "Statistics mean nothing to the individual."

@NewYork, you are correct (somewhat unfortunately). We can fantasize about anthros all we want, but unless some antro alien race decides to pay us a visit, humans are really our only option. Oh look, now my mind is wandering... Anthro aliens. That would produce some strange hybrids. haha But who cares! For some furries, it'd probably be a dream come true!

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Sounds about right though, wouldn't you say? Only one person on this thread admitted to not being attracted to them. Still, i agree with Dr. Cox. "Statistics mean nothing to the individual."

@NewYork, you are correct (somewhat unfortunately). We can fantasize about anthros all we want, but unless some antro alien race decides to pay us a visit, humans are really our only option. Oh look, now my mind is wandering... Anthro aliens. That would produce some strange hybrids. haha But who cares! For some furries, it'd probably be a dream come true!
I still think all that furr would cause issues lol. like one hair in the back of your mouth is bad...

Delta Fox

Adolf Clitler
I still think all that furr would cause issues lol. like one hair in the back of your mouth is bad...

Can you imagine what helmets would look like if we were all anthro creatures

also wouldn't being an anthro make it difficult to live in places with extreme heat

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine

hahaha Maybe, but if I lived in a world where anthros existed, and the opportunity to pursue a relationship with one presented itself, I'd go for it. Not just because they're anthros of course. The experience wouldn't be worth it if they didn't have a good personality.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Not unheard of, but there's a difference between being attracted to a cartoon drawing and a theoretically real anthro character. One's a cute and sexualized drawing, the other is a monster.

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
Not unheard of, but there's a difference between being attracted to a cartoon drawing and a theoretically real anthro character. One's a cute and sexualized drawing, the other is a monster.

If I can find physical attraction in an artist's rendering, I can find more and deeper attraction in real (hypothetically speaking, of course) anthro, because of her personality. And just for curiosity's sake, what would be that difference, aside from the obvious?

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
As a number of people have already pointed out already, while it's not unusual or weird to have an attraction to Anthros, it does get a tad-bit weird when it's all you can think about are Anthros. It gets even weirder when you start imagining Tulpas. =/

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
As a number of people have already pointed out already, while it's not unusual or weird to have an attraction to Anthros, it does get a tad-bit weird when it's all you can think about are Anthros. It gets even weirder when you start imagining Tulpas. =/

Well, Tulpas are too out there for me, and I've got a lot of other things to worry about that finding some smoking hot anthro girl to fantasize about. I leave that to my spare time (not much of that) and writing. lol I'd say I have nothing to be concerned about... as of now.

Conker

If I can find physical attraction in an artist's rendering, I can find more and deeper attraction in real (hypothetically speaking, of course) anthro, because of her personality. And just for curiosity's sake, what would be that difference, aside from the obvious?
If you can look at a dog and go "yeah, I'd fuck something with a face like that" then I guess there's your answer. Cartoon dog people look different because they are cartoons.

It's like with anime girls and their big eyes and oddly shaped heads. Cute on paper, but some people have cosplayed as them with a ton of makeup and contacts and such to get a more realistic effect. They look absolutely frightening.

Avelore

The Furdragon!
It seems that many people are attracted to the anthro form, including humans in that subject as well. However I have to say that I'm attracted to anthros and ferals of any creature, but not humans.

I honestly think it's because I've grown a little tired of the human design as I see it everyday. It could also be that I just don't like my own human body, but because anthros contain all the best parts of the human anatomy as well as the best parts of the fursona anatomy, I am physically attracted more to anthros than human beings.

It's the same story with ferals too. It's got to be because ferals have no human traits to spoil the image, and that anything with four legs instead of two is just plain better.

Also regrettably, I find feral beings more attractive than anthros, let alone humans.

Is this weird?

Conker

It's the same story with ferals too. It's got to be because ferals have no human traits to spoil the image, and that anything with four legs instead of two is just plain better.

Also regrettably, I find feral beings more attractive than anthros, let alone humans.

Is this weird?
Yes.

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
If you can look at a dog and go "yeah, I'd fuck something with a face like that" then I guess there's your answer. Cartoon dog people look different because they are cartoons.

It's like with anime girls and their big eyes and oddly shaped heads. Cute on paper, but some people have cosplayed as them with a ton of makeup and contacts and such to get a more realistic effect. They look absolutely frightening.

I see your point. Drawings and such are exaggerated, but so are live action characters (anthro and human), when you think about it. I think as long as the human traits are still intact, physical attractiveness can still be found. If they're purely animal, that's when you start to wander into bestiality, which like most, I find completely disgusting. And as for cosplaying as anime charcters, yeah it does look freaky. All in all, exaggerations must go (or at least be toned down) for anything animated to fit in the real world.

And Avelore, yeah, I'd call that weird.

Conker

I see your point. Drawings and such are exaggerated, but so are live action characters (anthro and human), when you think about it. I think as long as the human traits are still intact, physical attractiveness can still be found. If they're purely animal, that's when you start to wander into bestiality, which like most, I find completely disgusting. And as for cosplaying as anime charcters, yeah it does look freaky. All in all, exaggerations must go (or at least be toned down) for anything animated to fit in the real world.

And Avelore, yeah, I'd call that weird.
Since none exist I suppose it's a moot argument. The best I can think of would be werewolves in various movies and media. They sure don't look fuckable.

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
Since none exist I suppose it's a moot argument. The best I can think of would be werewolves in various movies and media. They sure don't look fuckable.

In that same order... Yeah, completely hypothetical. And no, but since when are they intended to even remotely look so? Every werewolf I've ever seen in any media was either made to be intimidating, wholly animal, or downright scary.

Conker

In that same order... Yeah, completely hypothetical. And no, but since when are they intended to even remotely look so? Every werewolf I've ever seen in any media was either made to be intimidating, wholly animal, or downright scary.
True, but that's part of the point. A real life anthro would be a mix of those things as they would be part animal.

NightWolf20

One-Eyed Canine
True, but that's part of the point. A real life anthro would be a mix of those things as they would be part animal.

For some, most definitely. But I wouldn't pin a generalization like that (or of any kind) to any hypothetical real-world anthropomorph. They wouldn't all be of the "cute and cuddly" variety either. It'd most likely be balanced between beautiful and intimidating, like humans are. Some lean to one side. Some the other. Still some manage both or neither.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
The concept of a "monster" is a construct. Really in the hypothetical the creatures may actually be an emotionally superior, more well balanced individual by contrast and we would be the "monster". It is a too hypothetical situation to claim if they would be worse or better then us. In the same way assuming all space life wants to kill us is flawed.

Mayonnaise

Off we go to the sea
Auggh I knew this chick who dropped just shy of a thousand dollars on her ABJDs (asian ball jointed dolls, they used to cost about 800 dollars for a 1/3 scale doll, and IDK what they go for now) to "anchor" her fucking tuplas. She had like six.
Tulpas needs anchors? I thought they only need a disciplined mind to imagine stuff constantly.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

The 'real life' equivalent of cartoon characters and art pieces is costumery, isn't it?

A literal transcription or 'monster' would make me go ewrrgrhrgh D: A person in a costume isn't so objectionable.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Mokushi said:
The concept of a "monster" is a construct. Really in the hypothetical the creatures may actually be an emotionally superior, more well balanced individual by contrast and we would be the "monster". It is a too hypothetical situation to claim if they would be worse or better then us. In the same way assuming all space life wants to kill us is flawed.
I honestly think it's like comparing apples and oranges at that stage. Homo-sapiens are part of the ape family, and apes are social creatures, often with warlike tendencies (chimps, for example, have been known to cannibalize each other after particularly vicious raids... which is something humans are known for too). Compare that with the ol' standard red fox; red foxes get kicked out of the den once they reach a certain age and end up wandering around alone until they find their own piece of territory and a mate. Then they settle down with that one partner until they die, pretty much. So I think taking those basic tendencies and adding on all the complications of sentience would just lead to something that's quite different from a human being in a lot of respects. But 'monster' implies something we just couldn't live alongside, and I doubt that would be the case. If anything, it would be extremely beneficial to have another smart creature to compare notes with. Humans have, after all, never gotten a critique from an outside perspective before.

ADF

Given many furries are intentionally sexualised, its not surprising that people find them attractive. Especially when they focus on traits that appeal both to our human sex drive, while adding flavour with animal elements people have deemed desirable.

But compare it with a movie that tries to make a furry. Say, Tank Girl.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/ph...Girl-and-Booga-tank-girl-6825389-1044-770.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IWAt4bCdIIY/T_wY_VykYvI/AAAAAAAAAac/hd87TiiWXjA/s1600/tankgirl3.jpeg

And I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of furries found that less desirable. But throw in stylisation again.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb3b9z7xKS1r7as1co1_1280.jpg

And people would probably like it.

As with models, furries are lusting after "beauty" that is unrealistic for the real world.

Conker

Oh sure, we could philosophize about the word "monster", but I'm talking in appearance here. Giant claws? Check. What big teeth they have? Check. Glowing eyes because that's how they roll? Check. Probably superior strength/sight/hearing? Check.

Sure sounds like something out of a monster movie to me!

ADF

Oh sure, we could philosophize about the word "monster", but I'm talking in appearance here. Giant claws? Check. What big teeth they have? Check. Glowing eyes because that's how they roll? Check. Probably superior strength/sight/hearing? Check.

Sure sounds like something out of a monster movie to me!

Sounds pretty normal if you're canine/feline :p

Those things are only monstrous to us because we don't have them. You are going to call a kitten a monster for having claws, fangs and glow in the dark eyes? To a feline furry, that's just someone's baby.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
If we ran into our own ancestors from 40kya...6feet tall, muscular, wear dead things, live in houses made from the bones of mammoths...we might see them as monstrous too initially- eventhough they're technically anatomically modern.

A Yupic man who's never seen a modern day european might also see them as monstrous- comparitively tall and slender with huge great pale eyes, bleached skin and maybe even blood red hair.