• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

F

FluffyShutterbug

I hope that I'm posting to the correct forum, but one of my friends told me that people tend to avoid your profile page if you haven't changed your avatar icon from the default, since that usually indicates a bot. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but I don't have any personal artwork I can use, since I have the artistic ability of a 5-year-old and I'm currently at the very beginning stages of getting a commission done. Is there any stopgap I could use until my commissions are done? Because it could take several weeks to do, and I really don't want to be ignored until then. Any advice?

D

Deleted member 82554

I'm actually more inclined to look at a profile with no avatar to be honest.

Jevlin

3D Character Artist
Why don't you try to find an image with CC license? Even if it's only a landscape it's better than nothing and there are a ton of stock photos and free images you can use. Also, there're a lot of avatar base for free. You just have to add some colors to it and you have a fine avatar. For example this one: doekitty.deviantart.com: Cat Base - Free