• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

nachoboy

cried for Dr. Horrible
i loved that show. i never really watched it, though, because i'm awful at watching television and have to really dedicate myself to watching a show, especially if the show has a long plot that continues through episodes so most episodes are completely reliant on what happened in previous one.

i really liked all the weird animals, they were awesome. plus, i loved the complex mythology of it.

also, i'm super pumped that m. night shyamalan is planning on making a live-action movie of it. i think my brother said they already picked out some of the cast.

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
"Avatar" was such a good show that sometimes I couldn't believe it was on Nickelodeon lol. The kind of character development that was in that show was such a rarity for an animated series.

There was obviously a lot of Miyazaki influence in it, from the important role nature played in the story, to all of the strong female characters (virtually no woman in "Avatar" would ever need a man to fight for her), to the way in which Zuko was portrayed almost from the very beginning not as a simple, black-and-white 'villain', but as a complex and conflicted human being.

And yet "Avatar" was NOT simply a Miyazaki knock-off. It was its own show, with its own style and its own sense of humor. It was obviously a labor of love for everyone who worked on it-- almost even more of a rarity in animated series nowadays.

I'm looking forward to the movies. I haven't been a huge fan of M. Night Shyamalan's post-"Sixth Sense" films, but I like him more as a director than as a writer, so I believe that he'll do well with this, a story that's already written for him. And M. Night can make almost any movie he wants to, so he wouldn't take on this project unless he was truly a fan, and wanted to do justice to it.

In the end, I think that whether the movie works well or not will come down to the casting. If they get that right, I think the live-action version will be unbelievable.

Nylak

Angry Otter
In the end, I think that whether the movie works well or not will come down to the casting. If they get that right, I think the live-action version will be unbelievable.

Too bad, they already fucked it up.

Don't even get me started about the live action trilogy (first is being released July 2010 for those of you who don't know yet). I am not looking forward to this. The first glimpse of the cast was released two days ago, and so far it's frighteningly white, and the only actor with any martial arts experience at all is the actor portraying Aang (also white, and has never acted in anything before...ever; he just showed up to an open casting call in Texas). Chalk up another epic ethnic fail for Hollywood.

The cast list for Aang, Katara, Sokka and Zuko. <-- the faint of heart and true Avatards should brace themselves.

Last edited:

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Don't even get me started about the live action trilogy (first is being released July 2010 for those of you who don't know yet). I am not looking forward to this. The first glimpse of the cast was released two days ago, and so far it's frighteningly white, and the only actor with any martial arts experience at all is the actor portraying Aang (also white, and has never acted in anything before...ever; he just showed up to an open casting call in Texas). Chalk up another epic ethnic fail for Hollywood.

The cast list for Aang, Katara, Sokka and Zuko. <-- the faint of heart and true Avatards should brace themselves.

OMG! That is almost as bad as the people they cast for the DBZ live action movie.

PriestRevan

Banned
Banned

I would've loved to see the casting crew actually go to some foreign countries.

I mean, each Bending Nation's looks like some people on this planet:

Air Nation= Well, we could've went with white people, but Tibetians wouldn't have been a bad idea.
Fire Nation= Total Asian. Chinese, etc.
Earth Nation= Hispanic, maybe Central America Indigenous people. The people look slightly hispanic, but the casting crew could've also went with some Mongolians. Works either way.
Water Nation= Hands down, Inuit peoples.

If they are gonna use these people, however, then they better send each one (cept most likely the Aang guy) into a tanning booth, for a long time. They also better use pounds of make-up on each person.

Last edited:

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
I'm a pretty big fan of it, I especially love Aang's dopey humour.
"I already have a picture of Fire Lord Ozai! And here's one I made out of noodles!"

Oh, and I laughed so hard at Sokka's haikus...

Last edited:

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
Of course the movie will suck! Just look at the title! They should have gone with "The Legend Of Aang".

Beastcub

Avatar is probably one of the best shows I have ever seen in my entire life.

I respect the interesting idea, the drama, the fact that the bending is based and drawn from real fighting styles, and the story. Just all if it was blended together to make a show that is, probably, one of Nickelodeon's best shows.

i forgot about that, add that to my list of merit