• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Aye up...

mattgryphon

Hello!
Thought I’d signup and boost the numbers of British furriers on here.

I never know what to put in these bloody things....
Suppose I’d better tell you lot about myself then:

- I discovered the whole furry thing back in 1998 after reading Blizzard by Foxcarr, Have no idea how i managed to find his stories though.

- I have no artistic talents what so ever, my drawing skills don’t extend far beyond engineering drawings and don't have the attention span to write.

- I'm a Land Rover enthusiast. I own a not so standard 1990 Defender 110 kited out for off road use and a factory standard 1994 Defender 110 which going to be kitted out as my new overland vehicle.

- I enjoy filthy weekends driving around disused quarries and off road sites

- I drink real ale and Guinness only, can’t stand larger.

- Work in IT and am a bit of a geek. Yep I have my own domain based network at home.

- I work in the Public Sector (Underpaid, under apreacheated and over worked). I enjoy my work, the only reason I’m still there.

- I like travelling the hard way! I have an expedition prepared Land Rover that I take on overland trips. So far I have visited: Russia, Morocco, Franc, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria and Switzerland. My next destination is Australia, which is in planning at the moment

- I'm Not really good in social situations, I’m a bit quiet, tend not to say much.

- I’m 23 and single

So that's me realy.

Nothing more to say other than HELLO EVERYONE!!! :grin:

Irreverent

Welcome Matt!

Quite a few IT guys here, you'll fit right in. :D

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Hi and welcome to FAF, if you have questions or just want to chat drop me a message and I'll help any way I can. Have fun.:)

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
hell yea a fellow mudder grab your truck and follow me i know whare the hardest off road course on the east cost is

o ya have a Guinness i give every one some kind of beer

mattgryphon

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, think I'll like it here :D

Welcome here! Let's drink some ale together sometimes, awright? =3

I'll never turn down the offer of a drink *fetches two pints of ale and passes you one* Cheers!

hallo..im a current yorkshire lass here too :)

Hello :). Unfortunately I'm not a true Yorkshire man. My dad's from Yorkshire but I'm a Cheshire lad born and bred. What part of Yorkshire are you from?

hell yea a fellow mudder grab your truck and follow me i know whare the hardest off road course on the east cost is

o ya have a Guinness i give every one some kind of beer

*raises my pint of Guinness* cheers!

*grabs my truck* Only 3,663 miles to the east coast from the UK... see you in a week... ;)

What's your truck?

Last edited:

hillbilly guy

i gots me a scatter gun
S

seekerwolf

The British are coming the British are coming:grin:, How ya doing

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Good, you are at least a species of something new and not a wolf. Welcome to the forums.

mattgryphon

nice man you ever do any hill climbs in her
my tucks a a 06 doge cummings
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1679033/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1679029/

Nice truck!
Mmmm have to admit I do like the big American diesels.
I have a friend who has retrofitted a GMC 6.2 V8 in to his land rover 90. Sounds absolutely awesome! although with the price of fuel over here it costs him a small fortune to run.

I do hill climbing occasional although I had a bad experience whilst climbing a sand dune in the Sahara desert whilst I was away.
The gearbox decided, after clocking up 221000 miles, it no longer wanted to play, I happened to be half way up the hill at the time. I regard hills with a lot more suspicion now.

On a side note I have now clocked up 300500 miles in the old girl now. My mission is to get half a million miles before she dies completely. Already on her second engine, gearbox, transfer box, front axle…..

The British are coming the British are coming:grin:
How ya doing
Haha, not quite an invasion but it's a start I suppose ;)
I'm not too bad thank for asking :)

Good, you are at least a species of something new and not a wolf. Welcome to the forums.
Yeh there does appear to be a lot of Wolves and Foxes about here, yay for minority furs!!
Anyway a lot of people tell me I’m not normal :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thietogreth

He who shale be ignored...
Welcome to the forums *bows* It's a pleasure to make your aquantince. It is indeed good to see new species spring up insted of the hum drum comin wolf or fox. You also sound like an interesting fellow of that you like to travil so far. I am very envious of most of the places you have visited already X3 And I hope you do get to make it to Australia.

That all aside, I hope you have a pleasent stay with us

Dragoon

I'm orange. Fear me. ^V^
Hello yourself! Welcome to FA, and I hope you enjoy your stay. ^V^

mattgryphon

Welcome to the forums *bows* It's a pleasure to make your aquantince. It is indeed good to see new species spring up insted of the hum drum comin wolf or fox. You also sound like an interesting fellow of that you like to travil so far. I am very envious of most of the places you have visited already X3 And I hope you do get to make it to Australia.

That all aside, I hope you have a pleasent stay with us

Thanks. Hopefully will be able to pull off the Oz trip, just requires a obscene amount of planning, me to give up work for a year and a silly amount of money.

The travelling bug bit me after I realised just how boring my life had became and decided, somewhat on a whim, to go to Morocco with several other Land Rover enthusiasts.

The only problem is that all the travelling has taken its toll on my finances and social life, love life..... or therefore lack of :( . but I suppose everything comes at a price.
I won't be able to keep it up forever though, will have to settle down again at some point in a couple of years.

heya welcome when u come to australia if u want a 4wd adventure try the flinders ranges ive been there 3 times myself you will love it.... anyway nice to meet u