• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Back problems

Grey Wolverine

The saint of Furr Affinity
Hey guys, I'v had back problems for years and its been giving me alot of pain recently. What can you recommend?

Xegras

Peerat
A doctor

R

Rukh_Whitefang

Definitely a doctor. I started having back pain when I was 13 or so and I found out that I have a back disorder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
As Xegras said, a doctor. More specifically, a chiropractor. Get your spine checked to make sure there's no kinks or even bone spurs; then work on posture. Chances are, you hunch pretty bad, which causes pain.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
My whole family has back issues.

Cant even bend over or anything like that due to massive amounts of pain.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
It's already been suggested three times already, but go see a chiropractor.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Also, while you wait for an appointment, don't try to put any sort of stress on it. No exercise, no nothing. My dad threw out a couple of disks this way. I've never heard him scream before or since.

Isen

Oh dear
Before you do anything, see a doctor. No back exercises or anything. Doctor first.

Train your back muscles. Remember to stretch. Does miracles! :3
If back exercises are okayed by a real live medical doctor, look into back bridges and similar exercises. Start off small and simple.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Two doctors. A chiropractor and a psychiatrist. The former for the back, the latter for your fucked up mind that told you the best first thing to do for aching bodyparts is ask a furry forum.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Are you significantly overweight? Lose the weight and that will often be the main source of your back pain.

However: See a doctor.

Evandeskunk

Mush on a misson
Hmm, we're not doctors, but take your clothes off and bend over, and we'll see what we can do.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I have back problems too, and I discovered that it often helps to try lifting extremely heavy objects by bending over at a ninety degree angle and violently jerking upwards with a twisting motion. Then go sleep on an uneven concrete slab with lots of little pebbles strewn across it.

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!
I have back problems too, and I discovered that it often helps to try lifting extremely heavy objects by bending over at a ninety degree angle and violently jerking upwards with a twisting motion. Then go sleep on an uneven concrete slab with lots of little pebbles strewn across it.

Oh totally! :V

I've had back problems since ever. A good mattress is important. I have one of those [temprapedic?] mattresses, love them to death.

But really, see a doctor.