• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

bad restaurant experiences.

elegastaanval

so today i was at a restaurant, and there was an ant climbing on the table. i thought "no big deal", and killed it. i took a sip of my drink, and realized there were 2 dead ants in my cup. after taking a closer look, i could see there were ants all over the place. i got up and left.

this was pretty nasty, but i'm guessing that some people here might have some far worse stories.

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
So... you posted a bad restaurant experience in Forum Games... Why? This belongs in Off-topic or R&R.

Aleu

Deuces
This is why I have ONE tab open, Levi ;3

Let's see I had quite a few bad experiences.
One that is most notable was when I was out with a group of friends. It took an ungodly amount of time for them to even come and take our drink order when it wasn't that crowded. It took even longer for the food to get to us and when it did, one of my friends found a hair in his burger. When he complained to the waitress, she was snobby and rude about it saying "Yeah well what do you want us to do about it?"

Needless to say, she doesn't work there anymore.

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
this is off topic.
Now it is, but if you check forum games, you can see it was moved.

Ahem, on topic.

I was laughed out of a restaraunt when I complained about the food, and after they gave me the wrong food, not once, but twice.

The only place I regularly have bad service at is Hooters. Almost every waitress insists that when I (or my friends) get unlimited wings, that it comes out 5 wings at a time. Now on a slow nite, that's not too bad, but slow nites are unusual for the nights they have unlimited wings - Our worst experience to date is that we all managed to get 25 wings in a matter of 3 hours. I *very* rarely complain, unless service is abhorrent. We had 2 'main' waitresses, and we regularly called upon 3 others to get our beer or wing orders in, since the 'main' two were flaky as hell (they showed up once, maybe twice an hour at best despite the restaurant being at half-capacity). I complained to the manager, he wiped our beer tab out when we paid our bill, and we tipped each of the other waitresses that actually helped us by hand, $15 each (considering our meals were $15 each as well), but we left relatively unfulfilled and a lot of time had been wasted all the same.

Nashida

She do a blep
The only time I can truly remember bad service was when my mother and had spent a girls' weekend together. We stopped at this corner place for breakfast together, and I had asked our waitress if the kitchen could make my eggs scrambled, but in water due to my dairy allergy. She said no. I asked if it was one of those pre-made boxes of eggs where the milk's already been added, and she said "No, we just don't make them that way". Even the toast that would have come with it would have been buttered already (I always ask for it dry, and add whatever I want to it myself, usually strawberry jam) even if I asked for it to be dry. Pretty much leaving me with a bowl of dry cereal as an option, while the waitress said she'd be happy to get my mother anything she wanted.

We ended up leaving, left $5 for the juices we had already ordered and found another place instead, who not only catered to my allergy needs but laughed at the other restaurant's attitude.

Zenia

My sister, grandma and I were at Swiss Chalet once and an inchworm crawled out of my sisters salad. We avoided the place for a while, but then gave it another try... and our french fries were all burnt. >__>

I only go out to restaurants twice per year so now we avoid that place and stick with White Spot and a local place called Mrs Riches since we always get excellent service and phenomenal food. I just had lunch with my grandma at Mrs Riches, and man their fish n chips is goooooooood! Three huge pieces of fish and crispy fries for $12.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Went to this Mexican joint nearby that had rave reviews. So we went and I ordered a whole red snapper. It was really dark in there so I only at a bit of it cuz I couldn't see any bones( I don't mind bones, just when I accidently eat them.). Also they brought chips and salsa do we ate it, then we got charged for the chips and salsa. What fucking Mexican place brings out chips and salsa and charges for it? They didn't even mention the fact that it cost anything, we just assumed it was complimentary like most mexi joints.

Anyway about the fish I got, I brought it home so I could finish it in decent lighting, I flipped it over to rub a mixture of butter, lemon, and olive oil on it and it was beyond burnt, like fucking charcoal. So they sent out a whole fish with one edible side, and they damn well knew it too. The place was a dump, overpriced, rude slow service, and awful food. How the fuck did this shithole in the wall get 5 fucking stars?

FireFeathers

Mr. Red Flag
Having worked at a few different places as both a hostess and later as a regular waitress, I can tend to forgive most things. I can see when a waitress is overworked, a place is understaffed, so there are very few times i can think of with a truely horrible expirence, beyond waiting forever and a half, or getting bullshit excuses to why our food was coming behind other tables as they were trying to pin it as the kitchen's fault, and it's very obvious they forgot to put the ticket in.

Best i can remember is going out for...easter bunch or something along those lines, and the kitchen had a serious water overflow problem- So there was about a half inch of water that went under our tables before we got up and left. Food was also cold and gross and I think the backup was part sewage. Fun times.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
The only time I can truly remember bad service was when my mother and had spent a girls' weekend together. We stopped at this corner place for breakfast together, and I had asked our waitress if the kitchen could make my eggs scrambled, but in water due to my dairy allergy. She said no. I asked if it was one of those pre-made boxes of eggs where the milk's already been added, and she said "No, we just don't make them that way". Even the toast that would have come with it would have been buttered already (I always ask for it dry, and add whatever I want to it myself, usually strawberry jam) even if I asked for it to be dry. Pretty much leaving me with a bowl of dry cereal as an option, while the waitress said she'd be happy to get my mother anything she wanted.

We ended up leaving, left $5 for the juices we had already ordered and found another place instead, who not only catered to my allergy needs but laughed at the other restaurant's attitude.
Water and eggs? Yikes, I just use olive oil to cook my eggs. Cuz butter is evil.

Dreaming

In Cyprus most of the restaurants are outdoors/completely open and you get all these fucking huge-ass insects walking across the floor, like ants the size of hornets. Apart from that there was this local family-owned pizzeria that almost killed me with food poisoning, the family owned restaurants in this area suck that's why we all stick to the American chains

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
If I get bad service in a restaurant, I usually forgive them unless they are blatantly rude about it. It might be someone's job to serve me, but waiting tables for little money and bad tips would make a saint crosseyed, I have no doubt. I try to make things easy on the waitstaff - I don't substitute a lot of things, I try to keep the table neat and clean as possible, I don't act like a 13-year old putting pepper and salt and straw wrappers and stuff in my drink.

I remember eating at this one place in my old college town, only to get sick afterwards. Never ate there again.

Last edited:

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I can't really recall going to any restaurants with rude waiters/waitresses, but I have been to a few where the food took quite a while. On Saturday I went to a place on a football match day. The place was packed, and brunch took an hour and a half to arrive, so I guess it became lunch instead. :3 I don't mind waiting though. If no-one is talking, I can just browse FAF and Memebase and talk to friends on Steam until food arrives.

Hydra

I remember this one taco place in San Diego.. went there on a whim 'cause it was next the post office I was at at the time. It was dirty and hot (no AC) and I had to wait forever in line and nobody spoke English (for extra fun the menu was Spanish-only as well). And their food was totally amazing so I didn't care, in fact I went back on every subsequent trip to that post office until I moved out of San Diego.

Last edited:
None, so far as I can remember. Although I was given BBQ sauce instead of ketchup at a pizza restaurant once, but it turned out to be incredibly delicious so I can't really call it a "bad" experience.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I was in a KFC late night as nothing else was open, someone decided to smoke in back, the smoke hit some oil or something and the kitchen became an inferno. No one died, but I ended up not having my meal post night-shift, later they sent me a voucher for the same meal I bought. Gee thanks.

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
I was enjoying a nice breakfast at one place, when the waitress comes over to refill my coffee, and spills it. So I got up and grabbed that bitch by the throat, and spilled the coffee all over her ugly face, then slapped her around a bit.

God I hate women.

Last edited:

lol

I was enjoying a nice breakfast at one place, when the waitress comes over to refill my coffee, and spills it. So I got up and grabbed that bitch by the throat, and spilled the coffee all over her ugly face, then slapped her around a bit.

God I hate women.

Yep, you're from new jersey...

My bad experience was at one of those pizza places where you sit down and stay, waiting around 3 hours for those couple of slices. Mostly because my parents friends insisted on having a party of 16 and eating right before the place closed.
I also asked for no ice to a drink once and they filled it proportional to what it would have been if it had ice >.>

Seekrit

Only one I can remember. I was exploring this new shopping district with my family and we were looking for a pizza place. Bitch at the door saw there was a child with us, then closed the glass door in our faces and waited until we moved on. Needless to say I urinated on said door later that evening.