• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

bad restaurant experiences.

BouncyOtter

I don't think I've had anything completely off the wall happen to me. One time, I was at a restaurant with a few friends and two massive cockroaches started crawling up and down the wall next to us. We told the waiter and he had no idea what to do. So, we just ate our food (they had fantastic hamburgers) and watched where those roaches would go.

Another time in undergrad, we went to the Ruby Tuesday that was located at the bottom of our dorm. The burgers we got there came out COMPLETELY raw. It's really hard to mess up a burger for me, but I took one, unknowing, bite of that thing and was disgusted. I didn't expect to bit into a cold slab of meat that was still mooing. It was the first and only time I've ever sent food back.

ScaredToBreathe

Special Snowflake
It wasn't really the restaurants fault, but I went out to eat at a fairly fancy local place and a little kid crawled under the white tablecloth and ended up underneath my skirt. The parents were mad at ME when I screamed and pushed him out from under the table.

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
Had a horrible experience at an IHOP once. Waited 15 minutes to be seated in a completely empty restaurant at 2 AM. Waitresses kept talking amongst themselves as well as flirting with some wannabe thugs. Pancakes were dry and made me feel like I was eating cotton (C'mon, IHOP! You had one job!). I ended up getting my food, then immediately asked for a to-go-box so I could eat my meal in peace without worrying about going ape shit on the staff there. The kicker? They tried charging me for the wannabe thugs' meals!!!!

Bambi

I love female/male servers who swoon over the bad boys/girls populating the bar at any Applebee's. I love them because they intentionally want you to see that their pussy/dick demands more virgin sacrifices and so don't give a shit about you or your party wanting to order appetizers or a steak, or some shit. Good news is that on-shift managers can do something about it, and hate the high school hook-up scene even more than we do.

Best managers confession was, "I don't know why they don't fire that bitch."

T

TheMetalVelocity

One really gross one was like a decade back I think. My brother ordered an omelet from IHOP, and this mexican waiter was serving us with a thick ass mustache, and when the omelet came, there was a thick piece of hair in it.

I did recently go to a new burger joint by my house, there is a solid (people calling it amazing, but I think that's overrating it) burger joint a couple miles from my house that has been a standard for a decade or more, but this new place wants to be the competition, and it's far closer.

1) Drive-thru window: totally unsure why they have a drive-thru, because it takes them a minimum of 15-20 minutes to cook a single meal, I've timed this multiple times. Ordering inside isn't much faster, but you'd save gas I suppose.
2) Service is not attentive and not friendly, they seem to be a family and/or really close friends, so customers are practically pests to them, especially if there's a complaint.
3) Prices: Terrible. The 'standard' burger joint, a 6'5, 230lb guy like me can get a solid meal for 5-6 bucks with consistently good taste, textures, and seasonings. This place? A single-stack, no-cheese/plain burger alone is $6. It's ridiculous. It's somewhat competently cooked, and tastes fresh, but if you want cheese, that makes it $7 or higher. They have 2 secret sauces that they don't tell you about, one is mayo and the other is 1000 Island. Both very disgusting together, especially with cheese, and even moreso with ketchup/mustard/pickles. A meal is minimum $9, and you get a 1/3 pound burger, 'small' sized fries and a 16oz drink (even bottled sodas are 20oz). So I came and left hungry, as well as angry.
4) Overall: Pretty damn bad. This place is located 2 or 3 blocks from a high school, and seems to not understand its demographic at all. There used to be a Green Burrito or some random Mexican fast-food chain there for years and years, but then it changed to a failed Mexican restaurant (went under in less than 3 months), and now it's this failing burger joint that is way too overpriced (considering there is a McDonalds 50 meters away). If they dropped their prices by 25%, trained their staff, kept a clean restaurant, etc. etc. it might last, but that seems unlikely.

Bambi

I did recently go to a new burger joint by my house, there is a solid (people calling it amazing, but I think that's overrating it) burger joint a couple miles from my house that has been a standard for a decade or more, but this new place wants to be the competition, and it's far closer.

1) Drive-thru window: totally unsure why they have a drive-thru, because it takes them a minimum of 15-20 minutes to cook a single meal, I've timed this multiple times. Ordering inside isn't much faster, but you'd save gas I suppose.
2) Service is not attentive and not friendly, they seem to be a family and/or really close friends, so customers are practically pests to them, especially if there's a complaint.
3) Prices: Terrible. The 'standard' burger joint, a 6'5, 230lb guy like me can get a solid meal for 5-6 bucks with consistently good taste, textures, and seasonings. This place? A single-stack, no-cheese/plain burger alone is $6. It's ridiculous. It's somewhat competently cooked, and tastes fresh, but if you want cheese, that makes it $7 or higher. They have 2 secret sauces that they don't tell you about, one is mayo and the other is 1000 Island. Both very disgusting together, especially with cheese, and even moreso with ketchup/mustard/pickles. A meal is minimum $9, and you get a 1/3 pound burger, 'small' sized fries and a 16oz drink (even bottled sodas are 20oz). So I came and left hungry, as well as angry.
4) Overall: Pretty damn bad. This place is located 2 or 3 blocks from a high school, and seems to not understand its demographic at all. There used to be a Green Burrito or some random Mexican fast-food chain there for years and years, but then it changed to a failed Mexican restaurant (went under in less than 3 months), and now it's this failing burger joint that is way too overpriced (considering there is a McDonalds 50 meters away). If they dropped their prices by 25%, trained their staff, kept a clean restaurant, etc. etc. it might last, but that seems unlikely.
Sounds like the same people running it as from before. Is this true?

Sounds like the same people running it as from before. Is this true?
No idea actually, the restaurant before it wasn't around long enough for anyone I know to get to it.
(They never even had a grand opening)

Bambi

No idea actually, the restaurant before it wasn't around long enough for anyone I know to get to it.
(They never even had a grand opening)
I can understand why now, lol!

Rinz

Lather, Rinz, Repeat
There was this one time I was on a double date with my best friend and his girlfriend at a local italian restaurant, and the waitress was nice and friendly until she realized it was a double date thing and there were 3 guys and only one girl. She quit making eye contact with me or my then bf and would really only talk to my friend or his girlfriend.

Then there was this other time, I was with some friends at a con, and we were eating at a nearby sushi place that we'd really enjoyed the first few years. Apparently, they're in the middle of revamping their image, so they quit extending their sushi menu past like, 5PM. And they hired a live DJ for dance parties at night. At which point the restaurant suddenly became a titty bar. They made us sit on couches around a coffee table to eat our meals, and then started doing sound checks an hour before the show with customers there. It took over an hour for us to get our food, we couldn't hear each other talk, and we had to leave because two of us were hosting a panel soon and thought that 2 hours before would have been plenty of time to get food and head back :/

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Had a horrible experience at an IHOP once. Waited 15 minutes to be seated in a completely empty restaurant at 2 AM. Waitresses kept talking amongst themselves as well as flirting with some wannabe thugs. Pancakes were dry and made me feel like I was eating cotton (C'mon, IHOP! You had one job!). I ended up getting my food, then immediately asked for a to-go-box so I could eat my meal in peace without worrying about going ape shit on the staff there. The kicker? They tried charging me for the wannabe thugs' meals!!!!
IHOP, there's your problem right there. Ahhhh, I remember the days when IHOP was actually good.

On Topic-I just remembered this time I went to Micky Ds to get a burger late at night. I got my order and drive home, when I went to grab the burger outta the bag it didn't feel right, so I unwrap it and the beef patty was missing. Wtf!? I went back and they were closed. GAH, so I emailed them about the problem and the manager sent me a $20 gift certificate. Still, what in the holy fuck no patty. I've never had that happen before.

Rinz

Lather, Rinz, Repeat
On Topic-I just remembered this time I went to Micky Ds to get a burger late at night. I got my order and drive home, when I went to grab the burger outta the bag it didn't feel right, so I unwrap it and the beef patty was missing. Wtf!? I went back and they were closed. GAH, so I emailed them about the problem and the manager sent me a $20 gift certificate. Still, what in the holy fuck no patty. I've never had that happen before.
I was with some friends on a road trip a couple of days ago and we stopped at mcd's for a quick bite and it took an hour because they forgot a patty on my friends' burgers and then couldn't figure out how to just slap another patty on and give it back

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I was with some friends on a road trip a couple of days ago and we stopped at mcd's for a quick bite and it took an hour because they forgot a patty on my friends' burgers and then couldn't figure out how to just slap another patty on and give it back
I try my hardest not to eat fast food because of my diet. But on road trips or at cons I slip and usually get mcds, because I really can't stand other fast food places food. I've seen some crazy shit at McDonald's but I always keep going back. They must have started putting that addictive chemical in their sauces again.

lol

I don't think I've had anything completely off the wall happen to me. One time, I was at a restaurant with a few friends and two massive cockroaches started crawling up and down the wall next to us. We told the waiter and he had no idea what to do. So, we just ate our food (they had fantastic hamburgers) and watched where those roaches would go.

Another time in undergrad, we went to the Ruby Tuesday that was located at the bottom of our dorm. The burgers we got there came out COMPLETELY raw. It's really hard to mess up a burger for me, but I took one, unknowing, bite of that thing and was disgusted. I didn't expect to bit into a cold slab of meat that was still mooing. It was the first and only time I've ever sent food back.

Beef sashimi :3

Rinz

Lather, Rinz, Repeat
I try my hardest not to eat fast food because of my diet. But on road trips or at cons I slip and usually get mcds, because I really can't stand other fast food places food. I've seen some crazy shit at McDonald's but I always keep going back. They must have started putting that addictive chemical in their sauces again.
They put small amounts of sugar in the food to spike your blood sugar very briefly, making you crave their food

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
I was at a food spot with my gf about a month ago. The tables had long table clothes so you cant see under the tables. Well my gf and I seen a guy behaving a bit weird and we made fun of him (used to get a kick out of other people's expense). Anyway, we eventually got our food and didn't pay the guy any attention. Then she noticed a woman crawling out from under the table, both the man and woman wore big ass grins on their faces. My gf told me and didn't take long to figure out that the chick gave the dude a blowjob under the table.

We laughed for a bit then my gf suggested we do the same....I just grin and said "no, don't feel like getting arrested for indecent exposure. knowing my luck we'd get caught and you can be damn sure the cops will be here promptly." we shared a laugh

Wasn't a bad restaurant experience, just something I don't see everyday.

Went back to that local burger joint, they had their big Grand Opening Party yesterday, and so I figure that most Grand Openings usually have cheaper food, swagbags, or something to remember them by. Coincidentally, the place has a name that refers to the American Old West, and the place was an utter ghost town when I walked in. Despite this, it took the woman behind the counter several minutes to address me - Which, y'know, being the only potential customer in the establishment (Literally, not a single other person in the place other than employees) I would've figured I might at least get a 'hello' when I walked in - Though even after she gave me the coupon, she merely walked away into the back. There were no apparent decorations that seemed to imply party, and the best they could do was a 10% off coupon (when their prices are between 7-10USD per person), so I simply left - Poor prices, poor excuse for a grand opening, and bad, unattentive customer service.

This would be astounding if this place lasts the summer, let alone the year.

elegastaanval

I once was having an absolutely horrible day, so I cancelled all my plans for the rest of the day and took my mate out on a date to set the day right again, my treat. We sat for about 15 minutes waiting just to see our server. When the guy finally showed up, he asked for our drink orders and my mate said he knew what he wanted to eat already, so I scrambled to pick something myself. We told the guy our orders but he didn't seem to be paying attention to me when I spoke. He comes back with our drinks, he's already gotten my drink wrong: he gave me unsweetened iced tea instead of sweetened raspberry tea. My day has been so bad I just laugh bitterly and chat it up with my mate, already thinking, "This isn't going to go good at all ;_;"

He brings my mate his meal and we sit and sit and sit and sit waiting for mine. My mate feels bad and offers to wait to eat until mine gets there but I assure him, "It'll come eventually ;-;" WELL, it didn't! The server arrives what feels like eons later with the bill and says, "Have a nice day," hardly looking at us and hurries away. I meet my mate's eye, and immediately burst into tears xD Apparently the head manager saw the exchange because she hurries over and asks if everything is alright and I tell her my meal never came, we've been here for two hours, and he even got my drink wrong! She looks completely pissed in the direction our server had left and looks at my bill -- though I'd never gotten my meal, the bill reflects that they did indeed charge me for it. Luckily, I hadn't even tried to pay yet because I was too busy crying over my attempt at fixing my bad day going horribly wrong. She asks us politely if we'll stay so that I can at least get my meal and I nod, so she hurries away, yelling after our server. 5 minutes later I tearfully eat my meal, which was hand-delivered by the manager. She formally apologizes on behalf of our server, and says our meal is free. It's still one of my favorite date spots but gosh, that was awful ;w;

that made me feel so sad. at least they apologized, and didn't charge you.

Lisek

Generic Furry
The only bad experience I have is at on Popeye's that is conveniently on the way to my friend's house. I love me some Popeye's, but this place is terrible.

It is impossible to turn left into, forcing me to make a U-turn to even get to the place. The entire lot for the place is so small you are blocking people's parked cars waiting in the drive-thru. The drive-thru speaker sounds like it came out of a bootleg action figure, and the people taking your order are either incredibly rude or take 10 minutes to respond. It then takes them at least thirty minutes to make even the simplest order, one time I waited an hour.

The payment window is one of those spinning bulletproof glass anti-robbery things you'd see in a bad part of the city (this Popeye's is in the suburbs, and all of them in the actual city have normal windows!), that they spin around so fast returning your card/change that it flies out onto the ground. And good luck getting out, that is even harder, you have literally ten feet from the drive-thru window to the street, and the nearest lane is right-turn only and directly on the corner so you have to beg people to let you in if you don't want to turn.

And it's the only Popeye's in 10 miles.

I want to burn it down so they build a real one somewhere else.

Zuriak

Designated Bearforce
I got two, actually.

The first was some years ago, some friends and I went to a local IHOP for dinner. One of my friends decides she wants to be sarcastically hostile to the server about the menu's wording and to no surprise all of our food sucked and we received understandable poor service. We were quick to let her know you don't treat serving staff that way, but good god the food was atrocious. Then again it could've just been IHOP.

The second was recently, I went to a Wendy's after work for a weekly triple Baconator because America. I drive home and instead had received and was charged for a single Baconator, to which I drove all the way back to reorder and exchange the burger back for what I wanted, alongside paying the difference. Instead they took thirty minutes to figure out what I wanted and ended up overcharging me for a simple upgrade. I said fuck it and went back the next day and spent fifteen minutes arguing with the manager of duty to go through the math umpteen times in order to get a refund for the overpaid amount (two dollars). She flat out denies me that, so I demanded the entire meal to be refunded to which she gave me the two dollars; eventually the max she would give me is 3/4ths of the meal's value in cash and told me that's all I'm getting and for me to leave.

Shit happens I guess. Stay in school, kids.

Kaizy

Emotional Mess
My only bad experience with fast food happened when I was 9. We were visiting my grandparents and he had gone to KFC for dinner that night, which was pretty awesome since we rarely ate out at fast food. Later that night, my throat started getting sore and I started feeling nauseous so I went to bed early. About 3am, I wake up, walk like a zombie to the toilet and begin vomiting on and off for about 20 minutes all while my dad is trying to figure out what the fuck is happening. Needless to say, I basically slept on the bathroom floor that night and had weird fever dreams for the rest of the day until we had to go to the airport to fly home. Apparently, a few weeks later, my grandmother had gone to the same KFC and had gotten just as sick as I had, so she called the health inspector. They found out the employees weren't washing their hands after using the restroom and then handling the chicken. I have never eaten at a KFC since because of how much vomiting terrified me as a child and my fear of getting food poisoning there again.

tl;dr I got food poisoning when I was 9 because the workers pissed/shit and didn't wash their hands before rubbing them all over my chicken dinner

Lisek

Generic Furry
My only bad experience with fast food happened when I was 9. We were visiting my grandparents and he had gone to KFC for dinner that night, which was pretty awesome since we rarely ate out at fast food. Later that night, my throat started getting sore and I started feeling nauseous so I went to bed early. About 3am, I wake up, walk like a zombie to the toilet and begin vomiting on and off for about 20 minutes all while my dad is trying to figure out what the fuck is happening. Needless to say, I basically slept on the bathroom floor that night and had weird fever dreams for the rest of the day until we had to go to the airport to fly home. Apparently, a few weeks later, my grandmother had gone to the same KFC and had gotten just as sick as I had, so she called the health inspector. They found out the employees weren't washing their hands after using the restroom and then handling the chicken. I have never eaten at a KFC since because of how much vomiting terrified me as a child and my fear of getting food poisoning there again.

tl;dr I got food poisoning when I was 9 because the workers pissed/shit and didn't wash their hands before rubbing them all over my chicken dinner

Jesus. I always wondered why they had the "wash your hands" signs in the washrooms, no one could be that stupid, right? Well. Damn.