• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bagels

When you spread your cream cheese, do you go over the hole, or around it?

• Right over the top, so that extra blob collects in the hole.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Spread it carefully and tediously around the hole, as to not make a mess.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • It depends how tight the hole is.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I am a floofless skinbag and don't eat bagels with cream cheese.

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I'm a floofless skinbag b/c I only butter my bagels. Worse, I prefer to microwave them than toast them. :cool:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Once. They didn't turn out well and I haven't tried since.
I just tried them.

If you prove them for 15 minutes, boil them for 50 seconds, and then prove for another 20 minutes, they turn out alright.

Did your ones float or sink when you boiled them? I remember trying to make bagels months ago- and when I boiled them they sank.
This time they floated- so I think the difference was that they hadn't proved successfully when I did my first try.

TemetNosce88

Technology won't save you
I just tried them.

If you prove them for 15 minutes, boil them for 50 seconds, and then prove for another 20 minutes, they turn out alright.

Did your ones float or sink when you boiled them? I remember trying to make bagels months ago- and when I boiled them they sank.
This time they floated- so I think the difference was that they hadn't proved successfully when I did my first try.
I think they floated? I did this maybe 5 or 6 years ago, when I still didn't have a great grasp on bread making.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
CB97D60E-AD07-401A-85BB-E218CC409758.jpeg

Its so much easier this way

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen

When you spread your cream cheese, do you go over the hole, or around it?​

• Right over the top, so that extra blob collects in the hole.
  • Spread it carefully and tediously around the hole, as to not make a mess.
  • It depends how tight the hole is.
  • I am a floofless skinbag and don't eat bagels with cream cheese.
i have lewd things to say involving my boyfriend but i won't say them.

Borophagus Monoclinous

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
Today, I schlepped out to Trader Joe's for the first time in a long time. Naturally, I picked up some of their bagels. I forgot how good they are. Just the plain, Trader Joe bagel, toasted, with plain cream cheese. Yus plz.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
i found a store that sells bagels without the holes and they are so damn cheap.

if you don't mind your bagels being misshapen and occassionally matching the border structure of texas and mexico then i suggest you try it.