• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Banned from furnet?

Kanic

The Dog Faced Soldier
EDIT: Problem resolved. Thanks for any assitance :3

I went to log into Furnet today on mIRC. However, as I was about to login, it disconnected me and gave me this message "Your IP is listed in the DroneBL"

It gave me a link, and when I went to it, it told me that I was running an insecure SOCKS server on three seperate occasions. Once on March 1st this year, the 3rd, and the 5th. This is confusing me because I don't run any kind of server at all here at home. Any ideas of what's going on?

Last edited:

Carenath

Cynical Dragon
If someone else had that IP before you, then that would explain it.
Though I don't exactly have confidence in FurNet's administration given the problems already present..

Irreverent

Kanic, what was the solution?

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
what happened is that some dumbass banned a whole range to handle one user I'm sure

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
what happened is that some dumbass banned a whole range to handle one user I'm sure

That happened to me when I tried to join one channel, actually - The ENTIRE Rogers hostmask was banned, effectively removing half of Canada from the room.

Irreverent

That happened to me when I tried to join one channel, actually - The ENTIRE Rogers hostmask was banned, effectively removing half of Canada from the room.

Must have been a Bell chan OP :twisted: