• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Barack Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorndeer

Even if I am not American, this man and his message reached me.
As a furry, human, artist and politically active person I saw in Barak a chance for all the world, not only amrica, to improve itself and its views of self as others as a part of community.

Barack speaks of united States. But behind his words I see a hope of united world. Not under their codes of conduct and morals, but something more common and shared, wish for peaceful and civilized means of interaction. Instead of bickering over the way of how things should be done and who should be heard, would it be more fruitful to focus on the endresults of functional and more supple state of being where issues and flaws are solved with not arms and violence but common effort and balancing the funds applied to these issues more fairly instead of superabundance of one more important issues like security of nation at the expense of lesser issues like common healthcare.

I think with Barack Obama reflecting positively to his nation, should also the tolerance of differing lifestyles increase and fursecution for example would decrease and prejudice would be easier to defeat with common sense.

Anyhow, I think There has not been better presidential candidate for USA in decades.
Your opinion is welcome, and also your estimate of the election and its results, I know there are people that are more informed of this than I am, this here is my view of the situation that interests me.

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
WTF?

...no really, WTF?

Barack Obama isn't going to stop "fursecution". WTF LOL.

Having a Liberal and tolerant president is not going to force people to change their opinions and the way they feel about alternative lifestyles. In fact, doing such a thing is actually counterintuitive to true Liberal thought; forcing someone to accept everyone is being intolerant of someone's lack of acceptance.

Unless you want to end up like the Netherlands, where everyone acted like they were cool with minority groups until someone ran on an anti-minority platform, which opened up a gigantic can of worms...

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
The man has barely said anything but I guess that's part of his appeal. I don't hate him or anything but seriously, fursecution? Where does this relate?

Celirya

Deliciously Soft
Stopping fursecution? Through a presidential bid unrelated to the furry fandom at all? This is news to me! Dude now entirely has my support! </sarcasm>

I like Obama and everything, but he's not stopping fursecution. It won't stop at all as long as someone believes that it exists. After all, it's not your love of fur that they're 'persecuting' (for the most part, certain internet toughguys excepted). It's how you act with that love. But that's another topic entirely... *wanders off humming*

PS: Also, most people are intolerant because they are, and they pass that on, and because of that it'll never really end :(

facek

I am proud that you think Obama would not only change Amrica, but the world.

Maybe when he's elected Amrica will be a great country once again.

GOD BLESS AMRICA!

nobuyuki

Please, furry fandom, don't ruin Barack Obama for me by trying to show how closely you align with the guy's politics. You've already ruined ancient egypt, penn and teller, and robin hood. Just.... just stop.

sunshyne

I'm a hardcore Obama supporter but, like everybody else, I don't think him getting elected is going to make the public feel any different about the furry life... And when you think about it, the worst we get is news stories portraying us in a negative light, and peope coming on our sites to call us freaks. We're not REALLY persecuted, like some sectors of our society (among them the gays, the poor, minorities, etc) and I think he CAN help change that.

Ironically, I was already working on a reference sheet I plan on uploading this weekend, in which my character's wearing an Obama campaign t-shirt

Aikon

Thanks for the laugh, you had me going there for a second. Phew!

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
whatbirdeyesdl3.jpg

verix

some dragon
Celirya said:
Then again with Obama's Web 2.0 campaign, I wouldn't be too surprised if the next poster is him.
Do you see the word "blog" anywhere? 'cause I sure don't.

nobuyuki

no. I am Batman!

Acorndeer

Well here we go with civilized comments again :D

I never said Barack could stop it, mut likely result will be it reducing instead of being the cool thing to do as it seems to be the case now.
And you were the ones who made it in your own heads sound like fursecution will stop miraculously, but to some people, even small improvement is improvement.
Maybe that's why liars win American elections usually, they promise miracles you want to hear. The fact Obama hasn't said "anything" is because he doesn't make empty promises but speaks of realistic goals withing 4 year campaign.

But as civilized forumites, that you seem to be, /sarcasm I wouldn't go throwing around assumptions are inevidable truths.

I said "fursecution for example would decrease and prejudice would be easier to defeat with common sense." and with that I of course referred to the more reasonable politics of Obama.
Then again with Obama's Web 2.0 campaign, I wouldn't be too surprised if the next poster is him.
And who said This isn't Obama blowing his own horn here ;)
But seriously, Post without "WTF" and "LOL" is always sure "win" What comes to the credibility of the poster. But since 4Chan is meme in itself now I guess it can't be helped.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
He can't reduce it either.

Hanazawa

A president, no matter what he does, cannot change the thoughts and feelings of people towards other groups of people (save, perhaps, causing foreigners to hate Americans, but they do that anyway). By your logic, if a racist were to be elected president, suddenly more people would become racist, even if it was "just a little".

Acorndeer

Hanazawa said:
A president, no matter what he does, cannot change the thoughts and feelings of people towards other groups of people (save, perhaps, causing foreigners to hate Americans, but they do that anyway). By your logic, if a racist were to be elected president, suddenly more people would become racist, even if it was "just a little".

Yes, you got it right!

I got gay because my president is lesbian!

Hanazawa

Sigh.

You're only making an ass of yourself by saying that. You're proving the exact same point I was making, and that is: Barack Obama is not going to make the world more tolerant.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
I have heard that politicians like Barak Obama will do anything in order to avoid saying or promising anything concrete. Pious mouthings and chin stroking are the order of the day.

Although he does indulge in the tradional false dilemma of economic nationalism or embracing globalisation and the free market.

Acorndeer

Dave Hyena said:
I have heard that politicians like Barak Obama will do anything in order to avoid saying or promising anything concrete. Pious mouthings and chin stroking are the order of the day.

Although he does indulge in the tradional false dilemma of economic nationalism or embracing globalisation and the free market.

And then here we have a fine example of civilized way to express opposing opinion. :) Thank you for your contribution ^_^

Have you been to Baracks campaign website recently? Maybe he's making those concrete promises you want there now?
The race is just starting, give the man time to speak. :)

nobuyuki

Dave: Shoulda heard his bid for presidency (last, what was it, saturday?) when he said he was going to officially enter the race. He called for a lot of things -- while they may not technically have been promises, I liked what I was hearing in terms of progressive thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3sHwp_AVWs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xPSqhxgyw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr2SY2N2kpw

Well, that was hard to find. If you didn't see it live, now you can see it on the internet. This was the "big announcement" :v

Status
Not open for further replies.