• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

BassInvader now Exclusivley a furry musician/ need some help.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
CJ5g-36VEAAiYcj.png

So with much thought i BassInvader have decided to be exclusively
a furry musician like lapfox, ken ashcorp etc.
my music will from now on be directed towards the furry community because it has been a big part of my life for many many years.
not only will my first fursuit be made after my now main fursona Bass Kittie( formerly BuB) but i will be doing my best in the next year to make it to cons and hopefully play my music there.
so im looking for volunteers to make backdrops featuring Bass Kittie, your name will be prominently featured on my videos to come on youtube for your efforts.
let me know what you think <3 im always happy to receive input and any idea's on how to go putting music out on youtube and other site's

here is my latest track Cold Stars & Brite Eye's https://soundcloud.com/djshio/cold-stars-brite-eyes

PheonixDragon

I respect that decision, but couldn't you have tried to submit tracks to labels like Monstercat, instead?

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
maybe later on down the road when im a bit more popular than a painted rock on a cold beach :p

PheonixDragon

maybe later on down the road when im a bit more popular than a painted rock on a cold beach :p

Monstercat would get you popular if they accept you in their roster :3

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
Monstercat would get you popular if they accept you in their roster :3
hmmm i suppose it could work. unless they dont favor house techno/ electro. im very old fashioned. none of this wubwubwubweeeeeee stuff XD

They do favor all commercial music. They do NOT favor speedcore, breakcore, noise, trash, ambient, rave and so on... like, everything i make and love.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
They do favor all commercial music. They do NOT favor speedcore, breakcore, noise, trash, ambient, rave and so on... like, everything i make and love.

what? no ambient? no rave? no Speed core? outrage! this is unacceptable. all electronic music is good <3

PheonixDragon

what? no ambient? no rave? no Speed core? outrage! this is unacceptable. all electronic music is good <3

You can see subgenres from Nu Disco/Future Bass to Hardcore ( 200 BPM, I guess)

Algorithm-Dude said:

Is Chillstep/Chillout Ambient music, though?

nope. Ambient means ambient. a S O U N D S C A P E. And on that Monstercat, there's only commercial hardcore. I didn't see any true-gabba or brokeheaded-madass-breakcore releases. That is sad. They do not like unusual music.

PheonixDragon

nope. Ambient means ambient. a S O U N D S C A P E. And on that Monstercat, there's only commercial hardcore. I didn't see any true-gabba or brokeheaded-madass-breakcore releases. That is sad. They do not like unusual music.

Do you think Shio's music would fit into commercial thingy?

If he improves his skills - yes. Genre is more then acceptable. Though by now, tracks are monotonous and raw. A few albums and a lot of self-improving & audial explorations as a practice should fix this >:3 so, GO AND MAKE, Shio, no other way here.

PheonixDragon

If he improves his skills - yes. Genre is more then acceptable. Though by now, tracks are monotonous and raw. A few albums and a lot of self-improving & audial explorations as a practice should fix this >:3 so, GO AND MAKE, Shio, no other way here.

You see that, Shio? Git gud :p

PheonixDragon

Cyanomega

Your stuff is great ShioBear and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Faunosaurus

ALL LOSERS WILL BE DESTROYED
Monstercat isn't a furry label of course, and won't accept an artist that could put a bad spot on their reputation as a label or music conglomerate (such as furries, Bronies, etc.), or an artist that only makes music that doesn't have a wide appeal. When you submit tracks to Monstercat, they not only assess your music you sent in, but they also will pick through whatever links you send them, then through all the links on that page if that isn't already enough to turn them away, so on and so forth. No label would accept an artist that wouldn't appeal to their audience, or would drive listeners away.