• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bat wings suggestion?

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
i got a partial but I need to make wings. Any ideas or decent examples?

Paulosaurus

Lord of Rawr
I made some for a fullsuit, but the idea can be translated to a partial as well if you use shorter wings. I ordered polycarbonate (lexan) tubing and using that along with some basic small plumbing joints and flexible vinyl tube to make the "finger" bones, which attached to a simple sheet-acrylic bracer of sorts that straps to the wrist. The wing membranes themselves are made from stretchy patent-leather that I bought from the cosplay section at a chain fabric store. Since my suit was a fullsuit, the wings attached to the body from the ankle up by means of sleeping-bag zippers.

Since you're making wings for a partial, I'd recommend making them shorter (probably only going down to the waist), and either connect to a harness you can wear a shirt over, or just pin or clip onto your outer clothing.
1475610114.paulosaurus_wings-base1.jpg

1475617555.paulosaurus_wing-multiview1.jpg

Last edited:

Dongding

The sheep
I made some for a fullsuit, but the idea can be translated to a partial as well if you use shorter wings. I ordered polycarbonate (lexan) tubing and using that along with some basic small plumbing joints and flexible vinyl tube to make the "finger" bones, which attached to a simple sheet-scrylic bracer of sorts that straps to the wrist. The wing membranes themselves are made from stretchy patent-leather that I bought from the cosplay section at a chain fabric store.
1475610114.paulosaurus_wings-base1.jpg

1475617555.paulosaurus_wing-multiview1.jpg
That...