• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Becoming your fursona

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Referring to this fella.

Unless it's a dude too.

Yes, Arnzarel is a dude, he has has demon spawn too.

Lilian
dagtv18-729294ca-982b-4e3e-bc01-6d5f6a7d1fe4.png

And Malice.
malice_nastasia_by_sabrinasoly125_ddrtpwq-fullview.jpg

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Oh goodie.
Target-rich environment.
And me without a spoon... * combat routines initialized *

I feel a need to say this, about the OP, I've met this kind of people before. They make themselves champions of their self-made cause, however crazy it is. And it's hard to figure out how to approach them, you don't want to feed their head trip, but just telling them to stop makes them either raise a defense, or double the efforts to convince the "nonbeliever". I'm far from wanting to mock them (even as their phantasms may at times turn irresistibly funny) or even simply dismiss them. My theory is that such behaviors ultimately stem from rather noble, even heroic impulses, a will to align oneself with some grand cause, to fight for the good of all. When such tendencies find no avenues of expression in normal life, a more sensitive individual may succumb to their own figments and imaginings of power. Overall, for me it's always a sad case of someone who could have contributed a lot for the greater good but was not given any practical, workable way for it.

Raptoaaah

Well, that escalated quickly...
Feeling kinda bad reading the story, hope any kin reading this remembers that there are other ways to live your dream. I had discussions about being a kin before and there were many people simply not understanding, possibly as much as many people don't understand how someone could feel displaced in his/her gender. There are many ways to come closer to your mental me like flying, diving, LARP or anything else you wanna do.
Hopefully I'm too concerned about other kin, but by this example I think it's an opportunity to show some love to those of us who are special.

D

Deleted member 82554

Passing on isn’t the end it’s the beginning; my health could never be saved Possession at best is a coinflip to survive and I’ve held on for longer than most

have faith in something greater and be kind to all

this will be my last post
You can't leave yet, you're still needed in the physical plane, and I still need a spiritual guide to help me greet this gargoyle to transcend to the astral plane. The gargoyle still hasn't arrived, need advice.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Passing on isn’t the end it’s the beginning; my health could never be saved Possession at best is a coinflip to survive and I’ve held on for longer than most

have faith in something greater and be kind to all

this will be my last post
Whoever you are, wherever you may be, I am praying for you.

D

Deleted member 82554

I really hope he is ok. Judging by his intentions he means well and in this day & age we could all do with a bit of what he's preaching.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I really hope he is ok. Judging by his intentions he means well and in this day & age we could all do with a bit of what he's preaching.

No, we don't. You shouldn't listen to derision just because you feel sorry for people. That is how con artists and beggers work, and drug addicts.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I hope he's ok too but even if his intentions were good (and I'm not assuming they were), that doesn't mean a single word that he said is true. Nice sounding delusions are still delusions.

Chomby

Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichanga
A bit off topic sorta, but is astral projection actually real or is it bullshit?

just.chillin

A bit off topic sorta, but is astral projection actually real or is it bullshit?
Overrated more like. Even when I checked out the new age community I didn't understand everyone's obsession with it. It's not like there aren't any drones on the market that can do it for us anyways.

D

Deleted member 82554

I hope he's ok too but even if his intentions were good (and I'm not assuming they were), that doesn't mean a single word that he said is true. Nice sounding delusions are still delusions.
So what if he is delusional, he's found the way of getting through life that works for him. Strip away all the mythological delusional mumbo jumbo bulshit and all you're left with is love. That's something I can get behind.

Kumali

Lupine-American
So what if he is delusional, he's found the way of getting through life that works for him. Strip away all the mythological delusional mumbo jumbo bulshit and all you're left with is love. That's something I can get behind.

I think I'd want to be careful with that line of reasoning. Seems to me that first you need to strip away the "mythological delusional mumbo jumbo bullshit" before you can even assess the reality of what the individual is offering. "Love" or happiness or whatever built on delusions and false premises has the potential to be quite dangerous, and could just as easily shift into abuse or hatred or violence. (Do we not see that regularly in cults of all sorts?)

I'm enjoying reading this thread, but someone who's as deeply invested in unverified beliefs as RheganEmpathyHealer seems to be is someone I'd give a pretty wide berth to IRL, at least until they could back up any of what they're saying with actual evidence. Fantasy is fun but not a good foundation for real-life actions.

George Bernard Shaw said it well in Androcles and the Lion: "The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality of happiness, and by no means a necessity of life."

Rayd

philosophy & psychology nerd
as someone who explores their own spirituality and philosophies very often, i'm disgusted by this thread. the amount of people so willing to judge people for what they believe in is astonishing. it doesn't matter if you don't personally believe it, if it brings them psychological benefits and happiness, and it's not hurting anybody, so what? when you make fun of it or dismiss said person as crazy to their face, you just come off as extremely closed-minded and needlessly hurtful. you can learn a lot about your own spirituality by listening to others', no matter how """crazy""" they seem to be. when you shut people down, you just lose out on expanding your psychological horizons and potential benefits of your own by exploring that part of yourself.

even if you're not remotely spiritual or interested in psychology or philosophy, it doesn't mean that basic kindness and common courtesy goes out the window. though it is human nature to react negatively to things you don't understand or can't relate to (sometimes for good reason), this person was just opening up about his spirituality and you all just shit on him for it for no reason. you could have easily ignored this thread but you decided to be an asshole and put him down. things like this remind me why i only come here once or twice a month.

Saurex

Emerian Lore Master
as someone who explores their own spirituality and philosophies very often, i'm disgusted by this thread. the amount of people so willing to judge people for what they believe in is astonishing. it doesn't matter if you don't personally believe it, if it brings them psychological benefits and happiness, and it's not hurting anybody, so what? when you make fun of it or dismiss said person as crazy to their face, you just come off as extremely closed-minded and needlessly hurtful. you can learn a lot about your own spirituality by listening to others', no matter how """crazy""" they seem to be. when you shut people down, you just lose out on expanding your psychological horizons and potential benefits of your own by exploring that part of yourself.

even if you're not remotely spiritual or interested in psychology or philosophy, it doesn't mean that basic kindness and common courtesy goes out the window. though it is human nature to react negatively to things you don't understand or can't relate to (sometimes for good reason), this person was just opening up about his spirituality and you all just shit on him for it for no reason. you could have easily ignored this thread but you decided to be an asshole and put him down. things like this remind me why i only come here once or twice a month.
It's worth noting that this is the internet. When your leading idea is "I'll teach you to turn into your fursona via astral projection" (an idea most people would reject out of hand without considering religion, psychology, spirituality or any other mental factor) you'll inevitably be peppered with people who think you're cracked. It's a risk and anyone that takes it should be fully prepared to be rejected, ridiculed, and mocked.

It's a shame you don't come here more often. If people with kinder hearts would interact more often on platforms like this one they could do some real good. You gotta be the change you want to see, not just someone telling everyone else off for being "bad people". That accomplishes nothing.

pingpong99

I do agree that pure mockery isn't very helpful, but I also don't think people should avoid questioning the beliefs of others under the guise of "live and let live". I probably also don't have to tell you that not everything that makes you "happy" is good for you.
Also worth mentioning that OP wasn't simply opening up about their beliefs, but attempting to recruit others to engage in it by way of performing a ritual. That sort of thing isn't entirely harmless.
Not to say that ppl don't have agency over whether or not they want to do that, but I don't think anyone should be shielded from criticism if they're trying to bring others on board. Having your beliefs questioned is ostensibly a good thing (if done constructively), and if you're the kind to be deeply wounded by that sort of thing you probably shouldn't be initiating conversations like this in the first place, least of all online. Imo!

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin

One thing to point out, learning about his beliefs was not really possible, he did not say much of his own beliefs really, only what his view could offer, i do admit i might not know as most of his comments were in conversations and not these threads, but it seems likely

Also, a few things he said while i was tring to understand what his belief was contradicted

Kumali

Lupine-American
So what if he is delusional, he's found the way of getting through life that works for him.

this person was just opening up about his spirituality and you all just shit on him for it for no reason. you could have easily ignored this thread but you decided to be an asshole and put him down.

One thing to point out, learning about his beliefs was not really possible, he did not say much of his own beliefs really, only what his view could offer, i do admit i might not know as most of his comments were in conversations and not these threads, but it seems likely

Also, a few things he said while i was tring to understand what his belief was contradicted

Just FWIW, y'all, RheganEmpathyHealer identifies as female in her profile.

(Also, she only joined this forum a week ago, so make of that what you will.)

Last edited:

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
Just FWIW, y'all, RheganEmpathyHealer identities as female in her profile.

(Also, she only joined this forum a week ago, so make of that what you will.)
Woops not calling them they gives me a 50 50 shot and i felt using they would cause me to up here