• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Being mistaken for the wrong gender

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
I went out in a jacket with a little pink kitty on it and since I'm short and have long lady hair everyone assumes I'm a girl unless they look specifically at my face. At the register at SAVE-MART the cashier was like

EXCUSE ME MISS, YOU CAN GO NEXT
MISS EXCUSE ME, MISS???

and I assumed she was talking to someone else so I was like la la la

And then everyone started looking at me and she turned around and was like
UMMMM...""""SIR???""""
And they were all making faces at me, like o,o and :mad:

And I was like eeehehehehehe It is so adorable when people do that.

Does this ever happen to you? WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT, TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
No, this never happens to me nor has it ever happened. You should grow a mustache and be more of a manly man.

Kanin

B is for Bull****
I was looking at a computer, and then with my phone I started taking a picture of the tag then this old lady say "that young lady has the right idea" then the clerk said "that's a young man". I just continued what I was doing and walked away.

L

LizardKing

"Hey Vasquez, ever been mistaken for a man?"

"No, have you?"

Panzermanathod

SHAVE ALL FUR! BALDIES FTW!!!
A group of guys back when I was in high school called out to me and asked if I was a boy or girl (I had an afro). I just ignored them.

As for internet... I go by the rule "Guy until proven dickless".

SnowFox

Yes, it's happened a couple of times that I can remember when I used to have long hair. It just amuses me slightly.

EDIT: oh, and if you count online, then yes.. loads of times. That can get annoying sometimes. YOU COULD AT LEAST ASK BEFORE YOU ASSUME I'M FEMALE AND START BEING A CREEPY PERV :x

Last edited:

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
I just roll with it. It's fun seeing and hearing their reactions when they realize they guessed wrong based on my voice.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I'm a big boy, it's hard to confuse me for a girl without a serious sight disorder (and then it would be only because of long hair)

Sunny_Otter

Whatsa Motter?
I had really short hair as a kid so I was constantly mistaken for a boy. I didn't mind but I got yelled at for using the "wrong" washroom several times.

Puberty fix'd.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I have a friend that went to the wedding chapel with her (male) fiancee and was informed that same-sex marriages were not yet legal in her state. She was quite pissed off.

Doubler

I found that the likelyhood of people mistaking me for the opposite sex is almost directly proportionate to the length of my hair :p
So yes.

And I have a moustache. Used to have a beard too.

Aryeonos

Gimme Back My Post Count!
Until I was... 16 or so, this happened to me all the time. I still have a barely pronounced adams apple so unless people pay attention they usualy don't get it. Usually if some one just says miss/mam/female connotation, without thinking I don't bother to correct them. It's when they go up to me and say "are you a -xy- or a -xx- person" Then I get pissed off.

Veekahr

I love it when people mistake me for a little boy. ;>

Ratte

I had my hair cut up to my ears in fifth grade and it took four years to grow it back. I always wore thick clothes and everyone thought I was a guy.

Now my hair it at my waist and my tits are out far enough to be seen through my heavy clothes.

Yay.

Last edited:

Irreverent

Never been mistaken for a girl in real life or on the net. But then, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk.

Last edited:
My friend that has long hair, and a bit of a girlish figure, really has never been mistaken for one...At least not when I hung out with him for the longest time.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I went out in a jacket with a little pink kitty on it and since I'm short and have long lady hair everyone assumes I'm a girl unless they look specifically at my face.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff/
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

D:<

I rage. Alot.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
But then, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk.

GET THE BEE GEES OUT OF MY HEAD! *spazzes, twitches, then SNFs*