• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Being stuck in a pickle

Cam

Tick my laint
So I met this guy a couple weeks ago, via the internet. We have alot of mutual interests, he's pretty cute, and we live very close to each other. So a couple days ago, we briefly agreed on meeting in Boston for a day. I told him I would meet him probably around 1.

But now the thing is, its finally the day that we would be meeting up, but I haven't heard from him in like 2 days. I dont have his number, so the only way of getting contact with him is hoping he manages to get on a computer. I have no idea whether the plans are still on, or if something came up.

So im stuck on the decision of either going to Boston alone, or to wait it out. Either way it sucks, because knowing my luck, this is exactly how it'll go:

• I show up in Boston at 1, as planned, and he will be no where to be found. Leaving me stuck alone in Boston for a few hours
or

• I stay home and wait for him to come online to confirm, only to find out much later that he went to Boston all along.
I think i'm leaning on the second decision, but i'm still thinking about it. I dont wanna make him think i'm blowing him off either if he ends up going and I don't.

Any suggestions?

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Just go.

I hope you'll be less inclined to whine later, if the worst thing to happen is being bored in a city for a few hours, and not "waah, he hates me because he thinks I played a joke on him, but I stil like him" :V

Last edited:

Cam

Tick my laint
I'd like to just go, but i'm usually the kind of person that has to have total confirmation on plans before I go through with them. Should I go to Boston, my worry isn't that i'll be bored for the time being, its just the fact that i'll feel like I got blown off. Which I would like to avoid, but I dont think avoiding is gonna be possible at this point.

Also another thing fucking me up is that the train schedule will force me to be late, and I have no way to tell him that at the moment .-.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I'd like to just go, but i'm usually the kind of person that has to have total confirmation on plans before I go through with them. Should I go to Boston, my worry isn't that i'll be bored for the time being, its just the fact that i'll feel like I got blown off. Which I would like to avoid, but I dont think avoiding is gonna be possible at this point.

Also another thing fucking me up is that the train schedule will force me to be late, and I have no way to tell him that at the moment .-.
Either go and "feel like you got blown off" or stay home and make the guy feel like you dont like him

Your choice.

Cam

Tick my laint
Either go and "feel like you got blown off" or stay home and make the guy feel like you dont like him

Your choice.

Im not sure if he would actually think I dont like him because of that, but that is basically my choices right there.

Im just gonna go into Boston, now that i've given it some second thoughts. I mean, i didn't get myself all pretty for nothing, right? :V

Volkodav

Dad****er
Im not sure if he would actually think I dont like him because of that, but that is basically my choices right there.

Im just gonna go into Boston, now that i've given it some second thoughts. I mean, i didn't get myself all pretty for nothing, right? :V
Just go, ffs man, youre wasting time. youve wasted 30 mins

Shiroka

Love is the message
If he doesn't show up, at least Boston isn't a ghost city, right? Get out there and have some fun by yourself!

L

LizardKing

Hmm.

A) Go to Boston and potentially meet someone
B) Sit on your arse, post on a forum, eat a sandwich, post a whiny thread a week later about missing said guy

Gosh what a difficult choice

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts

Then PLAN something to do in case he's not there.

Shit happens, he'll either understand or won't be there.

Cam

Tick my laint
Yea I left, and just got back like 20 minutes ago.

The highlight of my entire trip was watching a hobo talk to a coconut on the train ride home .-. He was a no show, as I kinda figured. But from the looks of it, he hasn't been online all day neither.

Im feeling fine though. I suppose I can't exactly say that i've had a bad day, but it certainly could've been better.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
YHe was a no show, as I kinda figured. But from the looks of it, he hasn't been online all day neither.

See? At least now you'll be able to make an LJish rant thread about something that isn't YOUR fault when you find out the bloodcurling reason for why he's absent.

Last edited:

InflatedSnake

OH YEAH!

The highlight of my entire trip was watching a hobo talk to a coconut on the train ride home .-. He was a no show, as I kinda figured. But from the looks of it, he hasn't been online all day neither.

Im feeling fine though. I suppose I can't exactly say that i've had a bad day, but it certainly could've been better.
Bummer man.
Well I guess the only thing to do now is find out where he lives, sneak into his house at night and murder him in his sleep :V.

Volkodav

Dad****er

Well you never know, man. He could have been caught up with something else.
Lately I've bene waiting for a guy to bring a scanner and printer to my house so I can buy it off him and he was supposed to come on Monday last week.... and I got locked out of my room so I had to pick my lock to get my $$.. and I missed him that day
Then I didn't realize he was coming the next day so I missed him that day. He's coming again on Tuesday.
He takes days to reply somtimes. Sometimes even a whole week, so just be patient. some people can't get to a computer 24/7. [I didn't know he was coming the next day because he couldn't get to a computer to tell me]

RagnarokChu

A deal with a demon.
Well if you decide meeting on somebody again, should remember to get their number or a way to contact them at a notice. Well you can say you went anyway, if he ever gets on for you again then you can ask him what's up.

Radiohead

Apply directly to forehead.
#furryworldproblems