• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Being yourself

FoxPhantom

Then that fear is something you should block out.

To block out fear isn't simple, it's possible. To block out your fear would be like trying to stop your own egotistic mind giving you things that will make you back off. But that's easier said then done.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
I've been here longer than you have, and I'm not about to leave just because some nothing said I should. Take a look in the mirror before you go calling people egotistical, because you're not so modest yourself. Look at you right now, taking on the big bad wolf like some kind of fucking hero. Grow up, get a life and learn some self awareness.
So many fallacies are in this, I don't even...

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
To block out fear isn't simple, it's possible. To block out your fear would be like trying to stop your own egotistic mind giving you things that will make you back off. But that's easier said then done.
Simple overdone cliche right there
It's as simple as it sounds, if you just man up and fact the facts

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
So many fallacies are in this, I don't even...
Is your mind just swelling with the great task at hand, of collecting quotes to spell out my supposed hypocrisy?
Like I said, you try too hard. If you didn't try so hard, you wouldn't need to try as consistently as you feel you should. And that's why you don't even

Kihari

What if you're happy enough actually being yourself and not chasing some cocked-up image of your "improved self" that only exists because some guy on the internets pulled it out of his ass and handed it to you?

WHAT THEN, HUH!?!?

FoxPhantom

Simple overdone cliche right there
It's as simple as it sounds, if you just man up and fact the facts

What facts would that be?

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
What if you're happy enough actually being yourself and not chasing some cocked-up image of your "improved self" that only exists because some guy on the internets pulled it out of his ass and handed it to you?

WHAT THEN, HUH!?!?
Man, you are dense. I've said it time and again, you're happy as you are, but you could definitely be happier as something better than yourself. Yourself isn't the best you can be, the happiest you can be. I know you're having a hard time trying to imagine feeling better than you do right now, but there is a better feeling of happiness.

FoxPhantom

It's not really something I can put into words.
It's sort of an unwritten wisdom we in the business can pick up easily over time. You just have to know.

Ok, then you about improving yourself by simply saying "I can do this" over and over, thus making yourself stronger for that moment?

Vibgyor

WORK NOT DONE

Hateful Bitch

Hang up your coat
Ok, then you about improving yourself by simply saying "I can do this" over and over, thus making yourself stronger for that moment?
I guess if you actually tried to improve yourself, the knowledge would come naturally to you. I can't tell you the facts. Just go out and learn them. You just have to go on faith for now.

No. :V I usually start rocking back and forth in the fetal position, begging for a cookie and a hug.
The hugs are a lie by the media.

Vibgyor

WORK NOT DONE

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
One can "be themselves", which is acting in their own self-interest... Or one can "be ideal", which is acting in accordance with their own system of ethics and conduct.

Being ideal does not necessarily mean one is being themselves, and vice versa.