• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Beltaine plans

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
To all the nature lovers that celebrate it, Beltaine (or Beltane, both spellings valid) is coming up in a couple of weeks (May 1), even on a Saturday this year!
Just wondering what you all got planned in these Covid'y times? Many rituals are solitary anyway I suppose, but lack of friends for circle or parties is rougher. <sigh>

As for myself, I plan to do some morning rituals by sunrise with my stones, I have a nice cliff-side hike planned (rain permitting) to meditate, some Tarot reading that night, and best of all if all goes well, a "cakes and ale" Beltaine rejuvination themed furry dance party with some close friends that night!!! <smiles widely> If you're online that night, join the fun! <giggle>

Anyway, let's hear from you! Anything special planned if the day's special to you?

I have an early morning trip planned to a long forgotten beach resort area.
There's one particular solitary tree in an undeveloped patch of space where I've seen a lot of different species of birds gather and I'm hoping a family of ospreys I've visited a few times in the past will be there. Of course I bring just a little traditional mead for a quick celebration welcoming back the birds of the season and to say farewell to the last of the red-breasted mergansers who are departing for colder climates.

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
We used to clelebrate Beltaine by drumming, dancing around a bonfire and making a BBQ with friends afterwards but this isn't possible in times of corona. So I guess I'll just burn some Dracaena incense, asking Belenus to bless my loved ones with good health and abundance this year.

blessed be to everyone.

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I have never heard of Beltaine, what is it?

It's also known as "May Day" if that helps, and to grossly simplify, it's one of the 8 sabbets (special days of the year corresponding to the seasons and midpoints) where those that worship nature believe this is the day of rebirth and rejuvenation for life. It's like celebrating the re-awakening of nature from it's winter slumber, the return of the plants and animals, and giving thanks to the elementals. Personally I always feel the calling to nature strongest on this day, as to many others I imagine.

Also a great day to soak in some extra natural elemental energies, including any fertility rituals and sex magic as they are strongest on this day, as well as almost any elemental rituals. (it's no coincidence that Pieces are the most spiritual horoscope sign usually, and that's about 9 months after a May 1 conception more or less).

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
my sense of time has been destroyed by lockdown.

everything's happening so fast.

Kumali

Lupine-American
A little Jethro Tull for the occasion:

May I make my fond excuses for the lateness of the hour,
But we accept your invitation, and would bring you Beltane's flower.
For the May Day is the great day, sung along the old straight track.
And those who ancient lines did lay will heed the song that calls them back.

Pass the word and pass the lady, pass the plate to all who hunger.
Pass the wit of ancient wisdom, pass the cup of crimson wonder.

Ask the green man where he comes from, ask the cup that fills with red.
Ask the old grey standing stones that show the sun its way to bed.
Question all as to their ways, and learn the secrets that they hold.
Walk the lines of nature's palm crossed with silver and with gold.

Pass the cup and pass the lady, pass the plate to all who hunger.

Join in black December's sadness, lie in August's welcome corn.
Stir the cup that's ever-filling with the blood of all that's born.
But the May Day is the great day, sung along the old straight track.
And those who ancient lines did lay will heed this song that calls them back.

Pass the word and pass the lady, pass the plate to all who hunger.

(Words and music by Ian Anderson)

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Ahhh I had heard of May Day but didn’t really know what it was. In looking it up, I really learned a lot. Very fascinating. I wonder how celebrated it is in Europe?

I do not have anything particular planned (especially since I just learned about it) but maybe I’ll walk around my yard and hug a tree or two. Totally serious, please don’t make fun of me, I like hugging trees.. I am also attempting to grow a veggie garden for the first time in my life. I’m excited for that. I love plants and nature, but I sometimes love them too hard and over-water them..

The food part of the celebration sounds fun, too. I’ve never been much for gatherings but after a full year of staying in, I really miss them, as I’m sure we all do. But I hope you all enjoy the day and nature as best you’re able! Stay safe!

Also, *dances around* I’m a Pisces~ Thanks for making me feel special!

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
Considering it's a Gaelic celebration I am not surprised not that many have heard of it.

Most people don't celebrate it, myself included.