• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best Albums of 2009

MichaelFoster

Occasionally enjoys bass >3>
He's done better, IMO. My personal favorites are Your Roots Aren't Showing and Hard Membrane.

My favs are "Numbnuts" from the self titled album, "Cloudsmasher" from Renard's album 'No', and "Gotsta Terrify" from this album. I think his worst one was "Dino Rampage", one of his singles from the self-titled album.

marc andre

demented old bint
I nominate Do Make Say Think's Other Truths:

One of only a few albums from my favorite genre, post-rock, that were released this year. My other favorite genre, prog-rock, was way back in the seventies, so no new albums there.

Them Crooked Vultures is a potential contender for 2009 Album of the Year though.
potentially stupid question, dont hate me - but have you listened to embryonic?

MichaelFoster

american-idol-adam-lambert-for-your-entertainment.jpg
XDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! This is the other one I've been waiting for.

Last edited:

MichaelFoster

I do believe did a pretty lengthy rantpost at this failure a bit ago. Either way, nowadays I chalk it up to brain damage.

Yep, the dude hates me cuz I have good taste in guys. Lol. I didn't say he was the best, it's just that my family watches American idol and I screamed like a little girl when I heard la voz de la dinamita coming from a guy who looked like Elvis Presley mixed with Marilyn Monroe. I'm sure, from a musical standpoint, it won't be that great, but I want to see someone as beautiful as him (and his voice) actually go somewhere. I'm just good at liking things that look cool, which is probably why I'm so popular at my school. Also most indie sucks...

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Yep, the dude hates me cuz I have good taste in guys. Lol. I didn't say he was the best, it's just that my family watches American idol and I screamed like a little girl when I heard la voz de la dinamita coming from a guy who looked like Elvis Presley mixed with Marilyn Monroe. I'm sure, from a musical standpoint, it won't be that great, but I want to see someone as beautiful as him (and his voice) actually go somewhere. I'm just good at liking things that look cool, which is probably why I'm so popular at my school. Also most indie sucks...

>Implying that he has any ability to judge music after saying he likes it cause it looks cool and makes him popular

ShaneO)))

True, Alot of indie sucks, However me and aden dont really like indie. So your argument is a moot point. Vocal based music is awful. Micheal Jackson excluded derp derp.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Vocal based music is awful.

I like you. :3

Off topic: I just (literally two days ago) started finally seeing why Sunn O))) is an awesome listen. Gonna have to append Monoliths and Dimensions to my list in this thread. Takun hates me for it. :V

Shindo

:3c
I nominate Do Make Say Think's Other Truths:
ada18d2c51cbfc7072750235ef5.jpg

One of only a few albums from my favorite genre, post-rock, that were released this year. My other favorite genre, prog-rock, was way back in the seventies, so no new albums there.

Them Crooked Vultures is a potential contender for 2009 Album of the Year though.

i want to make a short film to the song Do because its so good and has potential movie dynamics

also loving the heck out of this album
jewellery.jpg

Last edited:

ShaneO)))

I like you. :3

Off topic: I just (literally two days ago) started finally seeing why Sunn O))) is an awesome listen. Gonna have to append Monoliths and Dimensions to my list in this thread. Takun hates me for it. :V

Yea, Sunn O))) isn't a band i can blast in my car or anything but i love facing an L then lying down in my bed and listening to black one.

MichaelFoster

>Implying that he has any ability to judge music after saying he likes it cause it looks cool and makes him popular
No I just like supporting him for what he's doing. He's no Michael Jackson (atleast yet), and he's new to the music (writing) world, but like KISS, Alice Cooper, and MJ, he's doing it for entertainment, therefor I automatically (not by choice) feel their music. Pop isn't as creative, but it's generally pure, and it represents what genre it's based upon. Plus, I don't just like one artist. I can honestly say that Diablo Swing Orchestra, Mastadon, and Rammstein's Liebe ist für alle were, musically, my favourite albums.

True, Alot of indie sucks, However me and aden dont really like indie. So your argument is a moot point. Vocal based music is awful. Micheal Jackson excluded derp derp.
My bad, I though Aden liked indie. I picked that up from the ranting he had talked about. Plus, anything-based music sucks. Vocals set a feeling of presence, but, like you said, if the music is created around the lyrics and vocals, it generally sucks nuts. I prefer to work around Bass and piano. Then percussion, guitar, and then singing, and if the verses were rapped, whispered, or screamed, then the vocals in the chorus should corrospond with the lead melody.

Last edited:

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Is the new Lightning Bolt good? O:

MichaelFoster

Well, there's a reason why I don't suit. :B
the whole fandom is about 75% gay. I'm not really arguing, I'm just telling you to make sure we're on the same page here.

Quit spamming shitty pictures in the thread, brah
And stop being a butt and mind your own buisness.

As far as albums go, I just remembered that Slipknot's 10th anniversary cd had some cool stuff on it, like "get this" and "eyeore" and all of the "wait and bleed" and "spit it out" remixes. They didn't have any of DJ Starscream besides the songs that were pretty much nothing but him. If you don't know, Dj Starscream (#0, Sid) is the dj for slipknot. Yeah they're not the best band (by any means) but it had some really cool live footage as well as interviews, behind the scenes, and a few clips of Corey and sid throwing up...it also has the music videos and official live videos from the self titled album.
FE5jlD0USD2KAkOEaV6n2OBDUVe_t7ZYy55yTAKCVkpNJiMuYO08nK7ct1Mh7-V5.jpg

Qoph

omurr
Oh boy this sure went to hell while I was out.

Please get back on topic...