• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best Furry Fandom Sites

phantomboo

❝boo!❞
So, I wanna get more involved with the fandom, & a lot of sites seem slow. What social medias do you find you're able to find more people to talk to on? I'm not an artist by any means so I feel Instagram is out of the question for me.

Any suggestions? Is making a fursona-centric Twitter worth it?

Regret

You could make a twitter account for your sona if you're the type that likes twitter. A lot of artists and other furs post and use twitter so that may be a way to reach out to others. I hear about discord fairly regularly as well.

phantomboo

❝boo!❞
You could make a twitter account for your sona if you're the type that likes twitter. A lot of artists and other furs post and use twitter so that may be a way to reach out to others. I hear about discord fairly regularly as well.
I've heard a lot about Discord too but I'm always too nervous to join group chats. >•< Maybe Twitter is my best bet at the moment.

Regret

I've heard a lot about Discord too but I'm always too nervous to join group chats. >•< Maybe Twitter is my best bet at the moment.

Yeah that's fair. I don't currently have a discord but have contemplated making one. I guess the hardest part would be finding a good group of people that isn't too large.

phantomboo

❝boo!❞
Yeah that's fair. I don't currently have a discord but have contemplated making one. I guess the hardest part would be finding a good group of people that isn't too large.
That's my problem too! Large groups intimidate me &, because I'm the type of person to wait for others to finish replying before sending mine, I find it hard to keep up with super active (like 20+ replies per minute, as that usually happens during peak times with large groups) channels.

Chomby

Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichanga
Discord is your best bet, or Telegram for that matter. Thousands of Discord servers to join ranging from small 10-40 sized servers to the biggest one, Furry Nexus, at 35k+.
I always join smaller servers usually under 400 members.

phantomboo

❝boo!❞
Discord is your best bet, or Telegram for that matter. Thousands of Discord servers to join ranging from small 10-40 sized servers to the biggest one, Furry Nexus, at 35k+.
I always join smaller servers usually under 400 members.
Do you have any server recommendations for newbies? Or is it just a matter of finding one advertised that piques your interest? ^•^

TemetNosce88

Prepare for the collapse
Do you have any server recommendations for newbies? Or is it just a matter of finding one advertised that piques your interest? ^•^
I've been just trying out servers for a few months. Find something interesting and give it a week or so to see what it's like. I've found a few that sit well with me, so it's worth a shot for you, too.

How do you all even manage to find smaller discord channels? Until now the only place i could find servers are in the public servers list of discord and they are pretty much all 4000+ members. Are you finding them through friends recommending you those places or is there a place where smaller servers are getting advertised and i'm just unaware of it?

Chomby

How do you all even manage to find smaller discord channels? Until now the only place i could find servers are in the public servers list of discord and they are pretty much all 4000+ members. Are you finding them through friends recommending you those places or is there a place where smaller servers are getting advertised and i'm just unaware of it?
Go on disboard.org. Every server listed shows how many online members there are.

Chomby

Every server is different and so are people, so I say, yep! Find one that looks interesting to you and I'd definitely stick to the smaller ones. Like I said to @Alexledragon, go on disboard.org! That's really the best place to go to find servers for anything.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I've heard good things about Weasyl. It's a lot less populated than FA which also means it's less hectic and probably means not every tag is filled with inflation art.

Chomby

I've heard good things about Weasyl. It's a lot less populated than FA which also means it's less hectic and probably means not every tag is filled with inflation art.
I've been there and I remember inflation and fat fetish art being on the front page.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I've been there and I remember inflation and fat fetish art being on the front page.
Oh damn

Then I can recommend dA, it's a bit of a pile of crap after that one major update but it enables you to mute tags and the front page doesn't typically feature anything graphic. Not too high standards to be snobbish but not clean enough to stop anyone to get there. It's actually still a good site in that regard, definitely would recommend

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
Hmm. Depends on what you prefer and/or are looking for. The bigger a server is the harder it is to get a sense of community in it from the sheer amount of total users. Smaller servers tend to be more close-knit and far more fun to be in.

KobiTheFox

Hmm. Depends on what you prefer and/or are looking for. The bigger a server is the harder it is to get a sense of community in it from the sheer amount of total users. Smaller servers tend to be more close-knit and far more fun to be in.
This is my biggest issue right now. I'm trying to find a furry server that actually has active people but all the ones I tried so far just overwhelm me and I feel like I'm ignored half the time since I'm a new guy.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
My server is furry friendly, but expect a lot of Sonic and warhammer fans. We're about to do a major group roleplay with my witch Amanda taking over Mobius.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
If it's as good as in this video, I'm in.

It's actually quite peaceful, our 40k fans are not that die hard Imperial fanboy crowd, (well there's one guy but he's the noob of the group). I don't tolerate people bashing on one fandom or the other simply due to some over inflated ego. Besides, I'm a Chaos player anyways so causing trouble by flaunting your fandom over someone else (and by that I mean insulting people) will get you the ban hammer. Mostly, I just keep it to separate channels where people who are fans can talk about what fandom they like.

Einuko

Hunter of Monsters
Go on disboard.org. Every server listed shows how many online members there are.
This is a really good tip- I couldn't find any small-scale Discord servers (and I'm not really one to use Discord either, but taking a look wouldn't hurt). I'll browse the site when time allows.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I am mostly active on Discord, some Telegram and Facebook. I have a Twitter account but rarely use it. My main "furry existence" is on the Second Life grid, that's where I originally designed my 'sona and where I've been RPing for almost 12 years continuously.

If there are specific artists you like, they often have Telegram or Discord chats of their own, they'd be smaller and it may help you connect with other furries, too.