• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best game based of a movie

theg90

What was your favorite movie-based game? I was quite partial to King Kong and Beowulf. So what are yours?

Dayken

*current user title*
Gotta go with Goldeneye. Maybe it wasn't one of the best Bond flicks, but the game was challenging, easy to get into, and had fantastic multiplayer that still holds up today.

Close second for me is probably the Genesis version of Aladdin that Shiny developed (although the Capcom-created SNES Aladdin was a pretty good game in it's own right).

Nalerenn

Stranglehold. Hands down.

Though other than that, I'll say there hasn't really been that many good, or even decent movie tie-in games. I usually make it a point to say away from them. At all times. Like Dayken said, Goldeneye was a great one. Can't deny that fact.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Aladdin for the genesis was actually pretty good. Pretty much how Prince of Persia 2 for the consoles shoulda been. (IN case you didn't know, the SNES version of Prince of Persia 2 put the game in extreme fast-motion so you would get loads of cheap deaths)

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner
Goldeneye was good even though it had nothing at all to do with the movie, most of the Star Wars games are pretty awesome, and Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Animefur

Hmmm, I think I have to side with Goldeneye on this one too.
Street Fighter : The Movie? Nay.
Spiderman? A little better. at least the first one on ps2.
Superman? Cream of the crap.
Licensced games are a tough lot to love.

Lord of the Rings was alright, and Star Wars ones were cool too. Otherwise I don't know one that are that great. Spider-man 2 I had some fun with though.

-Onyx

Fallen

All movie games suck(Not counting KotOR)

Kyouryuu

Probably Goldeneye, although it has aged very badly and really had nothing to do with James Bond.

Seriously, what was the body count in the actual movie? The two or three main villains? Bond offs guys left and right in the game; he doesn't even try to be stealthy.

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
i loved Stanglehold and i loved Goldeneye. Im not exactly sure Stranglehold can actually qualify though, its a spiritual sequal to Hard Boiled, Stranglehold isn't a movie to begin with.

Genesis Alladin was alot of fun and i thoroughly enjoyed that one.

Past all of these, i dont think ive played any decent movie based games. They are always so hack cocked and through together.
Lately, i have this coompany to blame for it: http://www.treyarch.com/ frigging talentless hacks...

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
gmanxbox said:
What was your favorite movie-based game? I was quite partial to King Kong and Beowulf. So what are yours?

Harry Potter and the OOTP because not only do you get to play through the movie, you get to do a lot of exploring ^_^

Vore Writer

Dog faced God
Enjoyed Narnia quite a lot. It was pretty challenging.

fishy_hylian

Recently, games based off movies are SHIT.

However, the last one I REALLY enjoyed with Spiderman 2 for the PS2. I seriously enjoyed that game, a lot more than the first one easily.

Now going a bit Retro - The Lion King for the Sega has a special place in my heart. The Aladdin game was good as well! (As many people have said).

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
EmilAnarchy said:
Escape from Butcher Bay, hands down

OH SHI- TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT RIDDICK! The one and probably only good game to have Vin Deisle in it. Starbreeze is a good studio.

CRAP now im torn.......i KNEW i was missing one! *kicks a box* GAH

theg90

I totally forgot about Goldeneye. One of the very best N64 games, next to the Banjo series and the Legend of Zelda ones.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
silentdvd.jpg

As in one of the more RECENT game-movies..

T

Tycho

mrchris said:
silentdvd.jpg

As in one of the more RECENT game-movies..

???

I think you've got it backwards. Or you're in the wrong thread, maybe.

Trevorbluesquirrel

NES

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
BATMAN
DICK TRACY

SNES

ALADDIN
DENNIS THE MENACE
HOOK
LION KING

PC

DISNEY INTERACTIVE SERIES