• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best Playstation 4 Games

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I might buy the PS4 for my upcoming birthday, but it's hard to justify purchasing a console for Persona 5 Royal and the Persona dancing games :p. I know of a few other games like the Spiderman game and MLB the Show, but does anyone else recommend any games? Preferebly PS4 exclusives. Thanks! (Though I might wait for PS5)

Last edited:
J

JDeer

Persona 5 is definitely a good game that I think you'll enjoy. I got it last week and needless to say, I love it. Many others love it. And so I think you'll love it.

Little Big Planet(More specifically for the PS4, Little Big Planet 3), is another amazing PlayStation exclusive. It's sort of like ROBLOX in a sense that you build maps, movies, and all that, and then share it with others across the world. You even have your own little character("Sackboy" or "Sackgirl"), that you can customize. If you get a PS4, then you can get Little Big Planet 3, which as of now, can essentially be considered the last Little Big Planet game. The game Dreams, was made by the same people who created the original Little Big Planet, the PSVita version, and the second installment too(Media Molecule). I think Dreams has the same concept and design as Little Big Planet, although I believe it's more advanced, thanks to modern hardware and software nowadays.

Infamous, is another series that is exclusive to PlayStation. The latest one was Infamous: Second Son, which was released back in 2014, followed by a spin-off game a few months after launch. The original Infamous and Infamous 2, is unfortunately only available on the PS3 though. But either way, I enjoyed Second Son, and so perhaps you'll enjoy it.

Well, these are all of the recommendations I could give you based on what I've played. Most games that I have played, are supported on multiple platforms, rather than being exclusive to PlayStation. If you'd like any other recommendations, then perhaps telling us what specific genres you like(Survival, RPGs/JRPGs, FPS etc.)

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Persona 5 is definitely a good game that I think you'll enjoy. I got it last week and needless to say, I love it. Many others love it. And so I think you'll love it.

Little Big Planet(More specifically for the PS4, Little Big Planet 3), is another amazing PlayStation exclusive. It's sort of like ROBLOX in a sense that you build maps, movies, and all that, and then share it with others across the world. You even have your own little character("Sackboy" or "Sackgirl"), that you can customize. If you get a PS4, then you can get Little Big Planet 3, which as of now, can essentially be considered the last Little Big Planet game. The game Dreams, was made by the same people who created the original Little Big Planet, the PSVita version, and the second installment too(Media Molecule). I think Dreams has the same concept and design as Little Big Planet, although I believe it's more advanced, thanks to modern hardware and software nowadays.

Infamous, is another series that is exclusive to PlayStation. The latest one was Infamous: Second Son, which was released back in 2014, followed by a spin-off game a few months after launch. The original Infamous and Infamous 2, is unfortunately only available on the PS3 though. But either way, I enjoyed Second Son, and so perhaps you'll enjoy it.

Well, these are all of the recommendations I could give you based on what I've played. Most games that I have played, are supported on multiple platforms, rather than being exclusive to PlayStation. If you'd like any other recommendations, then perhaps telling us what specific genres you like(Survival, RPGs/JRPGs, FPS etc.)
I borrowed a friend's PS3 to play Persona 5, wish I could play Royal... I've heard of both LBP and dreams too. Didn't know dreams was PS4 exclusive. Thanks!

J

JDeer

I borrowed a friend's PS3 to play Persona 5, wish I could play Royal... I've heard of both LBP and dreams too. Didn't know dreams was PS4 exclusive. Thanks!
I should let you know that Persona 5 Royal, isn't much different from Persona 5. While I only bought the original version due to it being on sale, as far as I know, Royal is just a slightly improved version, with additional content too. So, you honestly aren't missing out on much. Yes, you may miss out on the additional content and any improvements, but at the end of the day, what truly matters is story and gameplay(Especially in an RPG/JRPG).

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
I should let you know that Persona 5 Royal, isn't much different from Persona 5. While I only bought the original version due to it being on sale, as far as I know, Royal is just a slightly improved version, with additional content too. So, you honestly aren't missing out on much. Yes, you may miss out on the additional content and any improvements, but at the end of the day, what truly matters is story and gameplay(Especially in an RPG/JRPG).
Yeah, I know, but they added voice to the "Let's Button Mash!" scene where the gang says that Morgana is a toy of the subway because they didn't pay the pet fare and joker repeatedly smashes Morganas head...

J

JDeer

Yeah, I know, but they added voice to the "Let's Button Mash!" scene where the gang says that Morgana is a toy of the subway because they didn't pay the pet fare and joker repeatedly smashes Morganas head...
Well hey, if you plan to get a PS4, and download P5 Royal all because they added additional voice-overs to the game, well you do you then. I'm not judging.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Well hey, if you plan to get a PS4, and download P5 Royal all because they added additional voice-overs to the game, well you do you then. I'm not judging.
Lol. And they added a card game and a whole semester of school. But I don't think I'll get a PS4 anymore...

J

JDeer

Lol. And they added a card game and a whole semester of school.
Well yeah, that too.

But I don't think I'll get a PS4 anymore...
I did see the post that you made regarding that, but as I mentioned in my reply, you're probably better off waiting to see what happens. Although, since your birthday is only in a few weeks, you still have plenty of time to consider. So use that time to consider if it's worth it getting a PS4 or not. You will still have a large selection of games, with a few still getting added to that selection every so often. Plus, games are sometimes back-ported from a current-generation console to a previous-generation console(I'm pretty sure that happens with some games). Although, the back-ported versions may be watered down, mainly in terms of graphics, due to the older hardware used in the PS4. Also, some games are built for both consoles, so even if it gets released for PS5, you'll still have the PS4 version to play(That is of course, it gets released alongside the PS5 version).

Again, use the time leading up to your birthday to consider getting a PS4 or not. I'd still say that even now, it's still worth it to get a PS4. Plus, you never know what issues will come with the PS5 upon launch, and how long it will take Sony to deal with those issues.