• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best Recent Doctor Who episode

Favorite of Series 12

• Spyfall I and II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orphan 55

• Fugitive of the Judoon

• Can You Hear Me?

• The Haunting of Villa Diodati

• Total voters

JZLobo

I almost voted for Haunting of Villa Diodati but the fact that it a) kind of wastes its celebrity historical figure characters, and b) devotes so much of itself to setting up the season finale which I found... infuriating and borderline offensive, I went with Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror, which did a much better job of utilizing its historic figures (bonus points for going with a lesser-known figure and not just sticking with the grade school revisionist history, too!).

Spyfall Part 1 was decent, up until the review of potentially the worst Master ever.

Spyfall Part 2 basically used the same 'twists' as Curse of the Fatal Death, turning Doctor Who into its own parody of itself.

Fugitive of the Judoon was cool, but again, the season finale just ruined what was otherwise an interesting twist.

Orphan 55 was a mediocre story with an Saturday Morning Cartoon ending that talked down to the audience.

Praxeus was just "meh" to me, though it handled its environmental message better.

Can You Hear Me? started out well, dripping with atmosphere, but the climax just had the villains standing around posturing and talking about how evil they were (on modern Earth, yet again) til the Doctor showed up and technobabbled them away.