• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best things to do / be seen doing in a fursuit

VintageLynx

Analogue fuzzball
Just wondering what you like doing best in your fursuit (if you own one) and what you like to see others doing when suited.

I don't own one myself but I love the dance competitions and on the opposite side of the spectrum I like to see suiters just sitting and relaxing in the park or whatever - it's like a double whammy - surprise with what the hell did I see there followed by admiration for some of the builds.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
A kid's birthday, maybe? At least it wouldn't be weird to a passerby.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
You mean people do things in fursuits other than having sex?

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
I'm not a suiter, but I think it's fun to see them interacting "out in public" - not just standing around talking to each other, but doing playful or silly things, dancing to a street musician or waving at people, etc.

Love watching the Con dance competition videos - furries are just FUN to watch when they dance!

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
Oh definitely dance on camera/stage. I actually have this planned as a life goal, to dance at cons, maybe even win some competitions, and meet the popufurs who inspired me to want that.

Also if any YouTube channel gets off the ground I'll do dancing on that, and mostly likely even gaming with facecam in suit.

Brazen

Terrorist Scum
Hanging around dark alleyways at night waiting to greet people unexpectedly

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
That video's actually a joke, but jus' saying, there are real videos of furries getting together and yiffing in fursuits. It's the most harmless thing in the world and it happens in private, so why would anybody care in the slightest?

Kleric

That video's actually a joke, but jus' saying, there are real videos of furries getting together and yiffing in fursuits. It's the most harmless thing in the world and it happens in private, so why would anybody care in the slightest?

I suppose I'd be less intimidated if I watched it while knowing it was intended as a joke. But just as a personal thing to me, fur suits kind of scare me. :shock:

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
That video is the best.
If I had a fursuit I would love to use it to scare people, especially if it was a quadsuit. I could walk around through Tamworth all nonchalant and people could think one of the bonobos had escaped from Twycross. Then I'd start talking and freak em out even more.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Well, personaly i would be doing things like...

at a con: Doing battle with foam weapons and or just weak paw combat, interacting with similar suiters pretending they are my nemesis/allie, saying some witty frases, Possibly some free style dancing. Possibly some shanty singing.
in public: sneaking up scaring a few people if the moment is oportune and safe to do so

things i would not be doing

at a con: interacting with and holding kids, acting cute, dance-alongs, acting like a cat, participating in silly events such a musical chairs etc.
in public: getting near food or liquid, getting near a large group of people.

(i don't think i would be suiting in public anyways, it would just feel like reading a book in a clothes store instead of a library. Awkward and out of place)

VintageLynx

Analogue fuzzball
Hey, good responses. Yes, I have seen that video and I have got to say that it looks like they had some real fun making it (and making out too). I am kind of envious in a way because feeling how self conscious I am that gang are like my polar opposite. That's another thing about fursuits - gives you a chance to dump all the hangups and inhibitions.

Agree with Pantheros - people trying to closely act out the animal they are based on is cringeworthy especially if they say woof or meow without even trying.

Joey

Room 366 is kinda creepy but it's pretty badass and bold of them to make it in the first place.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Well, first and foremost, I like when suiters stay in character while they're in suit.

Other than that, I enjoy watching fursuiters dance, play innocent pranks on people, perform impressive or complicated feats (e.g., parkour, acrobatics, juggling, etc.), or do mundane, human, or everyday things that either humorously highlight or juxtapose something about their species or character, or just the fact that they're an animal (Examples: Sgt. Growler and friend, Piston plays fetch, Nitro, That's 'Mr. Furfag' to You, Buddy).

As schmaltzy and twee as it might sound, most of all, I like watching fursuiters entertain people and make them happy. Even when I'm not in suit myself, seeing people light up at seeing a fursuiter makes my day.

Last edited:

Nyte Kitsune

Well, as I'm a few months from actually suiting, I can list what I "Will" be doing once its finished. My local group (Which I have yet to go to a meetup other than Rainfurrest 2014), Likes to go Bowling, on their site they call it "When Fur Strikes!", I intend to join in that, as I do enjoy bowling. There are occasional "Movie" nights, which I'd attend, BBQ's (Though those are likely about done til spring), and of course... Rainfurrest 2015 next year. I will gladly socialize with people while suiting, kids, other adults, people's pets. My niece's are both looking forward to seeing my suit, and I'd enjoy entertaining any kids while wearing it. Of course, I'd also like to find a prospective furry mate, a wolf perhaps, I do like wolves.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

I find this cute but also really cringeworthy...this is one of those things you stash away at the bottom of your computer files and never let non-furs see it's just horribad furry stereotypes that you'll never live down

I found this one amusing though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzf85MbKeI ...especially when they walk into the room where the previous video took place

Edit: Damn, these are adorable though, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3wq_82naoU
Freaking fursuiters why are they so cuddly and fun!

Last edited:
I find this cute but also really cringeworthy...this is one of those things you stash away at the bottom of your computer files and never let non-furs see it's just horribad furry stereotypes that you'll never live down

No, it's not cringeworthy. It's hot. And it should be pushed on everyone until everyone agrees that it's hot, just like homosexuality.

dawgz

Depends on the character. Mine is not a bouncy, trouble making, prankster. If anything, he's rather intimidating, and I've been told as much by a couple of people. He's not one for being with kids due to his look, and was originally designed for Halloween. I got him done just in time for Megaplex last summer, and maintained a serious and contemplating character with only a mild bit of curiosity as his back story has him pulled out of a medieval world into this one. With that, modern technology is something to be curious about.

Sorry for the rambling nature, but it's past my bedtime LOL