• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best video game music?

Minerva_Minx

Happy Holidays and/or 2020 is over!
Relaxing, bold... adrenaline boosting...

Ok. Try this as background on spotify. Makes me angry in Destiny. Then it's good to laugh off my anger.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Marty O'Donnell on the Halo series is Goat.

The music used in Guild Wars 2 is great too, as is the music in Journey

Chomby

You saw nothing...
*cough cough*

Pokemon Gen 5

Last edited:

Jaredthefox92

Anything in the Medal of Honor Frontline game, actual live orchestrated music that fits the darkness of the Second World War, it has some "oh shit the Nazis are all over me" feel.

A alternative is any music from the original Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction game. It's haunting and heroic at sometimes and even one track says "hurry your ass and destroy all that NK artillery before thousands die in Seoul!"

PS2 era kicked ass in general with good music.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
The Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided soundtracks by Michael McCann would probably tie with the No Man's Sky soundtrack performed by 65daysofstatic. I always have them on my iPod.

Blah

filler text
Too lazy to check if someone else has added this, but Far Cry 5 had a pretty good soundtrack. With some variety too.

This is the combat music, so pretty action-y:

Of course, some country music:

They got some original choir music:

These few are "post-rock", I think? It's slow, calming.

Polaris

Random Posting Sheepo
Killing Floor 2 has a pretty solid soundtrack list and with Christmas around the corner, I think this track in particular is quite fitting for the occasion.

Sappho

Wolftaur taxi service
The entire spyro: Year of the dragon soundtrack