• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best video game music?

O.D.D.

Back from the dead apparently

Specifically excluding games like Fallout New Vegas and Grand Theft Auto that have tracks not written for the game itself.

O.D.D.

Limit of 5? Really? OK, sure, whatever.

Slight cheat here as Barber's Adagio for Strings was extant before Homeworld was a thing IIRC.

O.D.D.

So far these have all been a different composer/artist and I've not posted any covers of existing tracks. There are some absolutely stellar VGM covers, though.

BigFuzzyBenji

*Hugger*
I'll probably contribute a bit more in a later post, but I want to say that if I were forced to choose only one game to listen to the music of, it would either be Red Dead Redemption, or one of the Fallout games. But I love a ton of game music, going all the way as far as original NES. (Solstice on NES, the theme is incredible) so I'll likely post here again.

Curt Goynes

The other day I managed to play a little in Cyberpunk 2077 and I must admit that the music in the game is gorgeous, my opinion. The game itself is still a bit glitchy (at least with my hardware) but the sound there is awesome :)

BigFuzzyBenji

*Hugger*
The other day I managed to play a little in Cyberpunk 2077 and I must admit that the music in the game is gorgeous, my opinion. The game itself is still a bit glitchy (at least with my hardware) but the sound there is awesome :)

Cyberpunk was so promising in so many areas, getting thisclose on a number of things. But you're right about the music, they pretty much nailed that.

O.D.D.

Cyberpunk was so promising in so many areas, getting thisclose on a number of things. But you're right about the music, they pretty much nailed that.
Suits demanded the devs push it out too early, it released without being ACTUALLY finished/polished, unsurprisingly the ones who caught all the heat for this were the devs and the suits continue being suits.