• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best video game music?

O

O.D.D.

Specifically excluding games like Fallout New Vegas and Grand Theft Auto that have tracks not written for the game itself.

O

O.D.D.

Limit of 5? Really? OK, sure, whatever.

Slight cheat here as Barber's Adagio for Strings was extant before Homeworld was a thing IIRC.

O

O.D.D.

So far these have all been a different composer/artist and I've not posted any covers of existing tracks. There are some absolutely stellar VGM covers, though.

BigFuzzyBenji

*Hugger*
I'll probably contribute a bit more in a later post, but I want to say that if I were forced to choose only one game to listen to the music of, it would either be Red Dead Redemption, or one of the Fallout games. But I love a ton of game music, going all the way as far as original NES. (Solstice on NES, the theme is incredible) so I'll likely post here again.

Curt Goynes

The other day I managed to play a little in Cyberpunk 2077 and I must admit that the music in the game is gorgeous, my opinion. The game itself is still a bit glitchy (at least with my hardware) but the sound there is awesome :)

BigFuzzyBenji

*Hugger*
The other day I managed to play a little in Cyberpunk 2077 and I must admit that the music in the game is gorgeous, my opinion. The game itself is still a bit glitchy (at least with my hardware) but the sound there is awesome :)

Cyberpunk was so promising in so many areas, getting thisclose on a number of things. But you're right about the music, they pretty much nailed that.

O

O.D.D.

Cyberpunk was so promising in so many areas, getting thisclose on a number of things. But you're right about the music, they pretty much nailed that.
Suits demanded the devs push it out too early, it released without being ACTUALLY finished/polished, unsurprisingly the ones who caught all the heat for this were the devs and the suits continue being suits.

Iota

Don't read this. What did I just say-
Grinder is a helluva track of RA2. Better than the RA3 version by far. Tibsun had a few interesting beats too! Battletech(HBS) has some excellent ambient music. FTL's album is so good it got a vinyl press. Project Wingman has a criminally underrated soundtrack.

Christine Vulpes

SnowFox or NoFox
Limit of 5? Really? OK, sure, whatever.
Red Alert 2 was one of the definitive games of my teens. I loved to play it with my uncle, and the soundtrack has really stood up well.

This is a play list from the RC revenge game. Every track is different, and all childish and cartoony. Its main menu theme stuck in my head...and still lives there.

But the ones I have always admired are the really limited chip tunes that may have been limited to only 4 channels, and only only 1-2 could be layered at once. When I was a kid it was because of the sounds, as an adult its amazing because of the process of making them
Moon Patrol was very simple, monotonous and yet addicting.

Pweter City from Pokemon Blue

The entire FF2 sound track is amazing, considering the limited processing power of the NES. HiFantasy music with a drone background + bright highs always layers well and works with the older hardware.

O

O.D.D.

Jesus I fucking love this.
E: Some of my older posts got lost I guess, so...

shark-dance.gif

lollolman

average gay protogen type beat
Don't read the comment section unless you wanna be spoiled about case 5 of Trials & Tribulations