• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best Way to Meet New Furs?

Orana

I run a number of groups across the Web, nothing too crazy, though. But I've always had issue with finding furries to befriend... I tend to gravitate toward people like myself: those who are playful, flirty, open, around my general age (young adult in your 20's), and easy to talk to.

I joined FA for that very reason: to make more friends compatible with my personality, and expand my knowledge of the future world!

If you'd like to befriend me here, or are curious about my groups on Kik, Discord, IMVU, and Fetlife, just message me ^-^

Orana

Latur Husky

Buzzkill
I run a number of groups across the Web, nothing too crazy, though. But I've always had issue with finding furries to befriend... I tend to gravitate toward people like myself: those who are playful, flirty, open, around my general age (young adult in your 20's), and easy to talk to.

I joined FA for that very reason: to make more friends compatible with my personality, and expand my knowledge of the future world!

If you'd like to befriend me here, or are curious about my groups on Kik, Discord, IMVU, and Fetlife, just message me ^-^

Orana
I'm sure you'll find lots of friends here. But I personnaly think that you should also try to find some poeple with same interest that live nearby. Try to seek them on Telegram, Twitter, Amino, and maybe on a Facebook. I'm sure you'll find someone who would like to meet in person.

Ciderfine

Slow as sickness but true as sap
Banned
Step one: Mature

Step 2: Find yourself mentally. Are you really here for friends, what do you see the berry bush of this community as?

Step 3: be yourself. If you have to censor or have other people change how they act naturally there is a big problem.

step 4: It isn't about finding tons of friends but a small diverse group that respect, talk and have integrity with one another. Having to many "furiends" is on classical online way of getting into a cancerous cringe of situations.

Black Burn

Well-Known Gopnik
Step one: Mature

Step 2: Find yourself mentally. Are you really here for friends, what do you see the berry bush of this community as?

Step 3: be yourself. If you have to censor or have other people change how they act naturally there is a big problem.

step 4: It isn't about finding tons of friends but a small diverse group that respect, talk and have integrity with one another. Having to many "furiends" is on classical online way of getting into a cancerous cringe of situations.
Wait I have only failed first step, it's good enough right?

Open_Mind

Good luck @Orana , the one app I didn't see mentioned above was Meetup. I've used that with a lot of success for the furmeets I've gone to here on the East Coast.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Welcome to FAF! IMO the best thing you can do is participate in open chat & whatever threads interest you. Find furs whose opinions you like and PM them at start up a conversation.

Val_Redwolf

Orana

I am actually quite new to this scene but I am down for meeting new people if you got a discord or just wanna chat hit me up sometime. ^_^ We can share our interests and so on.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
I don't know really but I wish you luck. : )

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
Friends come over time as you interact with people. It's not something that happens instantly.

As you talk with others, find similar interests/hobbies, etc, those friendships will slowly come on their own.

Though for some people it's a lot more natural to make friends.

HarlandWolf

I'm kinda surprised that this thread hasn't been visited for so long. It would be nice to resurrect it for the new people once in a while. 3 years is a long time to sit dormant. Anybody have any advice to put on here for new people and how to socialize? There's got to be more places to meet up and chat nowadays than there was 3 years ago, especially with covid forcing people to associate on the net more.

D

Deleted member 82554

See now, this is what you call a necro.

Also the best way to meet people in the fandom is by dropping standards. You will never meet anyone worthwhile and discourage others if your standards are too high.

HarlandWolf

I think it's what is also great about being furry. People are supposed to learn to see others from their worth inside their heart, not how they look outside. But I think people don't do that enough. They judge the outside appearance before getting to know the person beneath. But as a furry, our fursona's SHOW a large part of who or what kind of person we are.

I'm also finding that a lot of the LGTBQ community's have resources for furry individuals. I recently found that in Utah in downtown Salt Lake City, there's a night dedicated to the furry community. Club Try-Angles has "Furry Night" the fourth Friday of every month. People who wear their fursuits get in free! I'm going to check it out.

Beepsi

Stalk people in real life relentlessly while wearing a fursuit.
Nah, how about wear a paper cutout that's printed with a furry face; basically the Spy's disguise from TF2. Perfect camo technology, great for people with a budget.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
I was a teen back when the OP started the thread... Now I finally fit that age 'restriction' >w<