• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best ways to burn off energy

Tabasco

So FAF, seeing as how:

1. It is spring and it's finally possible to go outside without fear of death.
2. I'm frustrated and have too much energy.

I need something physical to do that's more intense and focused than just running around and climbing things. Ideally I'd be taking a martial arts class of some form in the nearby big city, but I really can't afford that luxury right now.

What are some good physical ways to burn off energy and raeg?

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
My choices favored are: Jogging, Situps, Pushups, kicking the shit out of something (preferably a punching bag) heavy objects around, raising hell, getting laid, or even playing some sports.

Oh and fencing, sparring and other violent and borderline homo-erotic combat sports.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
In before masturbation is suggested
If someone calls that a strenuous activity there is something wrong with them.

Tabasco

My choices favored are: Jogging, Situps, Pushups, kicking the shit out of something (preferably a punching bag) heavy objects around, raising hell, getting laid, or even playing some sports.

Oh and fencing, sparring and other violent and borderline homo-erotic combat sports.

Well, I do like homoerotic combat. :V

Most of that is on the mild side, though. I suppose I could pick up some kind of sport, but I have no idea where to go for that since running around like a freak and falling off the docks has usually worked.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Well, I do like homoerotic combat. :V

Most of that is on the mild side, though. I suppose I could pick up some kind of sport, but I have no idea where to go for that since running around like a freak and falling off the docks has usually worked.
You could go to a local gym for a day, they often have "one day offers" for a preview or something, and local sports is something you ought to look into via community center, they also often have cheap martial arts classes and crap.

L

LizardKing

A bonfire

Edit: Coal-fired power station

Also punching bags are awesome but a) you need a decent one that wont split after a few hundred punches and b) a really strong support that wont fall out and tear a huge hole in the ceiling/wall

I've had both happen :c

Last edited by a moderator:
Electricity producing dancing floor.

We will have it in Tel Aviv for the Earth Hour I believe. Burn out calories, have fun, have men stare at you and keep the voltage running.

Tabasco

Electricity producing dancing floor.

We will have it in Tel Aviv for the Earth Hour I believe. Burn out calories, have fun, have men stare at you and keep the voltage running.

But I'm not in Tel Aviv.

Unless that's an invitation? ;3c

A bonfire

Edit: Coal-fired power station

Also punching bags are awesome but a) you need a decent one that wont split after a few hundred punches and b) a really strong support that wont fall out and tear a huge hole in the ceiling/wall

I've had both happen :c

Not a bad idea, though I'd feel kind of silly randomly flailing against it with my tiny fists.

Any indoor pools to swim in?

There are plenty, but swimming is kind of a bore. I could always get some diving toys, though, those used to be pretty fun.

But I'm not in Tel Aviv.

Unless that's an invitation? ;3c
That's just an idea I read about in the newspaper that will be launched on Earth Hour, when Tel Avivians will dance their appendixes off. How can you make it greener than that? Invite more hippies.

You are free to come.

VoidBat

Angry weightlifting.
A pair of decent weights will cost no more then 31-39$, even less if you find a used pair. A foam mat should also prove itself useful, for other exercises.

Rouz

Nothing New Under the Sun
Swimming!!

Xipoid

Cameras
  • Run up and down inclined surfaces
  • Build/find a strenuous obstacle course and traverse it repeatedly
  • Get a 7kg medicine ball and using your whole body to throw it as high as you can a number of times (don't attempt to catch it)
  • Running backwards, drag 80% of your body weight for 800+ yards
  • Find something about as tall as a step (10-15cm), and place one foot on top of it. Jump to the other side while always maintaining a foot on top of the step/box at all times. Once you reach the other side, take your foot off and replace it with the corresponding hand and do a push-up as fast as you can. Spring back up and repeat.
  • Run through some woods as fast as possible (be careful not to injure yourself with tricky terrain)

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I need something physical to do that's more intense and focused than just running around and climbing things.

Running around and climbing things can be as intense as you want it to be :V

\forever the parkour promoter

Last edited:

Littlerock

numb with cold
Tennis. Fast, furious, fun. A cheap racket runs around $10 if you know where to look, and balls are free if you find them abandoned on the court. Find a friend to take with you, or three. Doubles matches are great too.

Also, parkour. That takes hella practice though :/
And just running too. You don't even need shoes.

Blutide

" Never Give Up "
I work out a lot, Lots of running, and lots of lifting. ( if I have lots of energy, I like to double my running time and add one work out extra to my lifting )

Cross-ramp, is one of my favorite things to run on.

So I spend a good part of my time at a gym.