• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Best/ Worst(or hardest)/Most Annoying Boss Fights ever

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner
Night Terror from Soul Calibur 3
the 25 Metal Gear RAY in MGS2
Splitter Crow from Timesplitters Future Perfect
Omega Ridley from Metroid Prime 3
the Black Knight from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

etc.

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
Best: Xigbar(Kingdom Hearts 2)
worst: Alpha 152(Dead or Alive 4)-i can't even begin to describe how fuckin tough this battle is

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Yes, I agree. I liked Xigbar, part of it was his surfer-dude voice. I always wondered why he would taunt us, and then say something like "Odd, Burrito!"

Maybe he was really saying something else I couldn't really make out...It sounded like Xaldin said "There's the fucking tits!" when he was saying "There's no fun in this!".

BloodYoshi

Korusho said:
Best - Omega Pirate (Metroid Prime)
Worst - Boost Guardian (MP2: Echoes)

Oh god yes. Omega Pirate was <3 and Boost Guardian was D:! I'd say Boost Guardian was most annoying, too.

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Alpha 152. Fucking bullshit.

One counter can get you down to half health, and she pretty much counters every move.

wyanewill said:
Abyss: (Marvel Vs. Capcom2)

Also, Abyss is a major let down. 3 forms, none of them have a brain, none of them can block, none of them are difficult. D:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
But would you prefer three forms in which he can stun lock you to death and block every single one of your attacks at any second?

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
No, but one with a bit more depth would've made for a rewarding finish. Then again, fighting games aren't going to give you that kind of thing. Ever.

meow_mix06

Blessing In Disguise
the most annoying boss fights are the Zelda Water Temple ones.....

and why do i always have to use that damn Hookshot?!? >.<

I have for you, dear FA users, the most annoying boss of all time.... FLAME HYENARD, courtesy of the blue bomber, Megaman X7. Play through this boss with your volume off, or your sanity will slowly slip away from his repeated, "BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!" I have no earthly idea what made Capcom think voice-acting was a good idea, but... I'm just gonna quit now. ._.

meow_mix06

Blessing In Disguise
@_@....insanity

Ugh, most annoying would be General Raam or w/e his name is from Gears Of War. He was pretty hard on normal but on Insane it was just stupid. Took me and a mate an entire day just to beat him, and we only managed it through a glitch. Soooo freaking hard.
Most dissapointing would be Uncle Pauly from The Darkness. One hit with a shotgun and hes down and whining, then you execute him. That's it. A bit antclimatic.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
^Is that the best or worst?

Because it's definitely one of the worst. Velius is a freaking godmodder; I entered at level 50 and he STILL manages to get Spell on every single one of my units before they can move.

suzuki

psychonaut
It's the best, the worst, and the most annoying all at the same time, because it's a super epic battle that can basically only be won by sheer luck, but it feels so damn good when you beat it.

Reviarth

Best boss fight ever- Metal Gear Solid 3 when you Fight against "The End"
Most annoying boss fight ever- Star Ocean:Till the end of Time "Freya" just beating Sonic and Knuckles (sonic story) Fighting against Metal Sonic.
Worst Boss fight ever-hm.....

Korusho

ChillCoyotl said:
Korusho said:
Best - Omega Pirate (Metroid Prime)
Worst - Boost Guardian (MP2: Echoes)

Oh god yes. Omega Pirate was <3 and Boost Guardian was D:! I'd say Boost Guardian was most annoying, too.

hearing it again makes me want to play MP just to fight him. The music during the fight helps to

Narokh

Full-time Lizardbutt
The Morpha Battle (underwater Temple) in "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" allways annoyed me to hell.

And difficult boss battles... basically anything from the old "Rare" Jump and Runs on SNES/N64 (Donkey Kong 64 anyone?) was a source for massive frustration for me.

Zestence

I haven´t played games with boss fights in a long time, latest was probably GUN for ps2. Most memorable annoying boss was Dr. N. Gin from Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped...but there were lots which i can´t remember anymore. I prefer large final battles over fighting against one superior boss.

Kyouryuu

tyrusgalenov said:
I have for you, dear FA users, the most annoying boss of all time.... FLAME HYENARD, courtesy of the blue bomber, Megaman X7. Play through this boss with your volume off, or your sanity will slowly slip away from his repeated, "BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!" I have no earthly idea what made Capcom think voice-acting was a good idea, but... I'm just gonna quit now. ._.

You know what? You're totally right. How could I forget Hyenard? The boss NEVER SHUTS UP.

I attribute it to the same hideous, lazy game design that permeates through the rest of that stupid game. More to the point, I'm sure it's caused by the fact that there are three instances of Hyenard circling you and each one is firing off voice effects. The thing is, in the Japanese version, that sound clip he's using was a basic, though similarly annoying, "yelp." In the English version, they gave him that whole "BURN, BURN TO THE GROUND!!!" line. Because it's a much longer sound effect, it never completes because the game is swamped by calls for it, which causes the "BURN-BU-BURN-BU-BU" stutter.

As Bender would say, he obviously has an extra goto command somewhere.

The absolute pinnacle of the horrific depths the Mega Man games sunk.

Korusho

AND he was an easy ass boss <.<

Tomo

My favorite bosses are Catalina from GTA3, and Nicole Horne from Max Payne. You actually don't get to fight them personally, instead you're just basically racing with time, and in the end you outsmart them. I think it's something special, and I appreciate it. That's why I also consider these two games to have the best endings ever.
On the other hand, the worst final boss was in BloodRayne. There were these two guys you were fighting - a skeleton(ish) giant, and a nazi (I don't remember the nazi's name). The skeleton giant was hard as hell to defeat, and the nazi was practically immortal. I managed to kill the giant, but I never killed the damn nazi, thus I never finished the game.

Scythel

When I was like 6 I could never beat the 3rd Bowser fight in Super Mario 64. =/

No problem now, but the games I've played lately don't really have boss fights. Stupid easy games :x

talakestreal

The Laconic Draconic
Most annoying/irritating/hard game ending for me...

surprisingly, it was the most recent game I've been playing, Digimon:Dawn. OMG. Irritated the crap out of me that the boss battle was actually something like SEVEN bosses, one right after another. NOT FUN.