• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Better half of the lion king?

Better half of the lion king?

• First Half

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Second Half

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
The first half and second half feel like completely different movies so that begs the question which one's better ?

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Yeah...they really do, come to think of it. Right after Simba matures the tone changes dramatically. Enough that they managed to make a whole film in the middle. I haven't seen TLK 1½, so I wonder if it smooths over the abrupt tonal shift.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
The original movie is a classic but I enjoyed Simba's Pride. Kovu is probably the only feral style animal character I actually find kinda sexy, haha. The new characters it introduced are all pretty interesting. I liked Nuka a lot (even though his VA is a literal Dick.)

Personally the second half connected with me more, however as a standalone movie, the first is the best one, in particular on the animation department. The first movie is just polished and very consistent and it's one of those cases where it's hard for a sequel to beat it.

What really impresses me however is how the second part has an interesting continuation of a supposedly finished story, where most things makes sense and the introduction of characters that are not only interesting but fits in the universe. The story and movie itself didn't feel pushed or forced for the sake of being a sequel and that's one reason why I enjoyed it as much as I did. Now the whole Romeo and Juliet tone the story has may be a bit plain to some but for the movie it is, it worked very well. Counting away the spotty animation in some scenes the biggest complaint I have is really that I wish it would've been longer, included some scenes that were scrapped, and given Nala some more screen time, possibly even Nala and Kiara together. It also felt a bit weird how Sarabi was no where to be seen so you just assume she's dead or in hiding, could've been handled a bit better. But it was a proper sequel.

I am very thankful for these two movies.

Ravofox

Aussie foxy
The first half, cause the hyenas weren't defeated yet :p

Jokes aside, this was a hard choice to make, because the whole thing is just SO DARN GOOD!!
I think though, I love how dramatic and more grounded the first half is. It's a bit hard to explain. But what really matters is how amazing both parts are!

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
First half the music in it is the bees knees.

Ravofox

Aussie foxy
The original movie is a classic but I enjoyed Simba's Pride. Kovu is probably the only feral style animal character I actually find kinda sexy, haha. The new characters it introduced are all pretty interesting. I liked Nuka a lot (even though his VA is a literal Dick.)

Yeah, I really think Simba's pride is criminally underrated. It's a great continuation with the same degree of effort and passion put into it, rare for a Disney sequel, and it shows this with the excellence of the music, the genuine emotion and the fleshed out characters (and Nuka's also my fave from that too).

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Had to choose the first half for the iconic stampede scene. I remember first watching TLK on VHS years ago. I don't think I could understand half of what anyone was saying, since it was the German dub.

D

Deleted member 82554

I remember seeing it in theatres, it was tits. Pretty sure it's a big reason why im a furry.