• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Big Bang Theory Appreciation Thread

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
The show or the theory?

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
It's a pretty good way of explaining the motion of the observable universe

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
sheldon makes me want to drop my girl panties

Zuriak

Designated Bearforce
The show is stupid, and the theory is backed and understood by people far more intelligent than I could ever hope to be. Thus far it seems reasonable.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
The big bang theory is no longer the dominant theory about how the universe was created, it's just been the one uneducated people use the most because they always hear about it.

Zuriak

Designated Bearforce
The big bang theory is no longer the dominant theory about how the universe was created, it's just been the one uneducated people use the most because they always hear about it.
Meh, the general idea of it is correct in that everything seems to be moving away and expanding; it ties is with entropy and the like but admittedly I'm no expert.

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
i appreciate not having to watch it

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
i can this again, like getting paid during a nuclear winter of fail.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race

jtrekkie

Feathered
And in the old time the void was wound upon itself. In the eternal night the coils closed and, born of Time and Inevitably, Light emerged from kaos. From the light all things came....

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
There is no beginning. There is no end. There just is. The big bang is only when time became separate from space (inside the universe, so basically from the vantage point of matter). Time moves forward through quantum fluctuation to a state of higher entropy, though a process known as decoherence. That is, entanglement with the vacuum (or rather a "heat bath"). The reason we experience time is likely because we possess momentum, though this is probably the hardest piece to explain. It IS what is responsible for how "quickly" time moves forward (special relativity). An external observer of the universe would likely see it as the singularity, all space and all times in a single, 4 dimensional point. Or rather, they'd see all points and all times simultaneously. (And observer does not imply consciousness, it could be just a photon). Of course, having something outside of the universe is rather odd.

The Big Bang was a quantum fluctuation where time and 3-space separated and eventually gravity and the GUT forces separated withing 10^-36 seconds. This is called "symmetry breaking" (the symmetry has to do with group theory, which I don't know that much about, to be honest).

Now, some people will try and go the multiverse route, or say there was absolutely nothing before the big bang...but here's a question for the latter crowd: If there was no time before the big bang, and no space, and no singularity even, how could the universe transition to a new state (big bang/growing universe) when there is no time at that point? You can't have a before and after (no singularity to singularity) without there being a concept of time. So the singularity probably always existed (is it the vacuum state? Who knows!). And the problem of conservation of energy is solved when you consider that gravitational energy is negative which balances out the energy of expansion/matter, ie the "free lunch".

That's what I think, could be wrong, probably wrong with some things, but it beats the multiverse mania fine tuning anthropic bullshit.

(source: certain interpretations of the Wheeler de-Witt equation, special relativity, Minkowski diagrams, and my Bachelors of Science in Physics...and no, my PhD will be in EE, not Physics)