• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Big Worldbuilding/In-depth RP Project

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Hey! Life's been sort of uneventful for me, was wondering if anybody was interested in working on a big worldbuilding project. The project would include custom species, a dystopian semi-futuristic world of anticonformists fighting for a just cause through questionable means, a basic government and society to fight against, characters and relationships, etc.
It'll be a big project, I plan on commissioning refs for characters in the future. Just wondering if anybody is willing to dedicate their time. I won't bite. 8D

Lekamo

Lonely pup
sounds interesting. to bad i am really bad at writing stuff. i can only offer some suggestions and ideas.

edit:

also i dont mind if i am also a part of the world as RP char.

Last edited:

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
sounds interesting. to bad i am really bad at writing stuff. i can only offer some suggestions and ideas.

edit:

also i dont mind if i am also a part of the world as RP char.
Awesome! I'm a little rusty as well, I'll need all the help I can get. But, if we get more people in on this and ideas get thrown around, I won't be able to document it right now because of computer trouble. Perhaps you could help with that when it's required, it'll mean a lot.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Awesome! I'm a little rusty as well, I'll need all the help I can get. But, if we get more people in on this and ideas get thrown around, I won't be able to document it right now because of computer trouble. Perhaps you could help with that when it's required, it'll mean a lot.
well rusty and being bad are a bit two different things for me. i can help you best i can with my skills and abilities.

R

Rangifenn

"Logan's Run" with furries would be sorta retro-cool. :cool: - it could pick up where the movie leaves off; no clear ending was evident.

R

Rangifenn

How about a post Atlantis world. The world now, as it could be in the near future, but as if Atlantis was never destroyed?

R

Rangifenn

The F Men.
A story of the adventures and lives of gifted/mutant furries? o_O

R

Rangifenn

Hey, not even sunken; alive and 'well'. As a matter of fact, perhaps a sprawling corrupt hedonistitic quasi-mechatropolis, monopolising trade and world resourses?

Maximor_Bloodpanda

The True Anti-Conformist
Sounds quite interesting. I got time.

My question to you: How would you make it unique? What would make it so special and distinguishable from other stories and creations of similar nature?

Lekamo

Lonely pup
here is some questions i have in mind.

Magic use: Yes or No
- if Yes what are the limitations to its use? (no god like powers)

What is the audience suitability level for this project?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I might be interested! How would the RP be formatted, and where would we do it? I'm best with forum based formats, so I have times to think between posts, and prefer a small paragraph style, with some longer and shorter ones. I have a number of characters, but like using Simo best.

No magic powers, but here's a basic description, that I sometimes tweak, here and there:

Species: Skunk (striped)
Build: Slender
Sex: male
Weapons: He can spray! And has claws, and can bite

Personality: Simo has a 'lil mohawk, talks kinda southern; he's very good natured and easy-going, but does have a rebellious streak, though is eager to help others in trouble. He's very mischievous, and doesn't worry too much 'cause he always has a plan, or some kinda scheme to get outta trouble. (He's used to trouble.) Grew up as a poor hillbilly. He has a weakness for watermelon, and has been caught many times, sneaking into various farmers' watermelon patches. He wears beat up red shorts, a red tank-top, and converse sneakers, carries a beat up back-pack.

Bio/History: Simo left his home in the Alabama swamps, after getting caught making out with his friend, Pepper Possum, by the mean 'ol Preacher Possum, who sends 'em off to this pray-away-the-gay conversion camp/prison in the Carolina mountains. There, he meets a friendly badger inmate, where he plots an escape from the Evil Rev. Fox who runs the place---but not without getting into some mischief with the other furs at the camp. He escapes, but never does find his friends again, and has been on the road ever since, getting by any way he can.

~

OK, so there you have it! I know it might sound weird, but Simo is sassy, rebellious, and good for helping with the occasional comic relief.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Sounds quite interesting. I got time.

My question to you: How would you make it unique? What would make it so special and distinguishable from other stories and creations of similar nature?

here is some questions i have in mind.

Magic use: Yes or No
- if Yes what are the limitations to its use? (no god like powers)

What is the audience suitability level for this project?

(Would've replied earlier, but I was still having that weird glitch keeping me from posting) Well, I'm planning on setting the world within a dystopian future (possibly an underwater city) with an 80's flare. I intend on there being a bit of a Jet Set Radio-like plot (coming from someone who's never played the game) where it's just a bunch of teenagers to characters in their early 20's that live their lives in warehouses, abandoned buildings and wherever else they can in the streets. Everybody has a reason for living like this whether it's lack of parents or parents kicked them out, or maybe they live like this to join this lifestyle of spraypainting, shoplifting, pickpocketing cyberpunks. Though, unlike Jet Set Radio which has characters with roller blades, (Here's a reply for your magic use, Lekamo) I was thinking of momentum-based powers where characters speed and jumping is increased while neon streaks drag behind those that use the power. Limitations or lack thereof is still up for debate.
The police are all varying robots and drones that replaced traditional law enforcement, meaning the characters have to adapt to new competition.
This is all I got.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
(Would've replied earlier, but I was still having that weird glitch keeping me from posting) Well, I'm planning on setting the world within a dystopian future (possibly an underwater city) with an 80's flare. I intend on there being a bit of a Jet Set Radio-like plot (coming from someone who's never played the game) where it's just a bunch of teenagers to characters in their early 20's that live their lives in warehouses, abandoned buildings and wherever else they can in the streets. Everybody has a reason for living like this whether it's lack of parents or parents kicked them out, or maybe they live like this to join this lifestyle of spraypainting, shoplifting, pickpocketing cyberpunks. Though, unlike Jet Set Radio which has characters with roller blades, (Here's a reply for your magic use, Lekamo) I was thinking of momentum-based powers where characters speed and jumping is increased while neon streaks drag behind those that use the power. Limitations or lack thereof is still up for debate.
The police are all varying robots and drones that replaced traditional law enforcement, meaning the characters have to adapt to new competition.
This is all I got.

I'd be good at spray-painting!

Maybe I'll have to evolve some special sprays, such as ones that dissolve metal drones...

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
This is all I got.
This sounds incredibly cool, dude. Definitely something I am willing to get into

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Holy crap, guys! This is awesome having even this many people interested, it really means a lot. And who knows? This might end up going from an RP to the most popular furry comic or novel series to date.
But yeah, definitely keep the ideas coming; we gotta design what the people in this submerged city look like. When I think about the neon powers these characters have, I would imagine they would have a dark fur or scale color to contrast the bright pink, green, purple, yellow or cyan that would resonate off them. Maybe bright luminescent eyes that can see in the dark underwater nights.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Well that speed and neon trace from the speed looks really neat.

Do you have any plans on different race sizes? some chibi sized chars could also be nice to be there since they can fit almost any tight places :)

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Well that speed and neon trace from the speed looks really neat.

Do you have any plans on different race sizes? some chibi sized chars could also be nice to be there since they can fit almost any tight places :)
Yeah, but that sort of takes a more comical Zootopia approach, like the buses with tiny doors and the tiny cities... I kind of want to refrain from the Disney vibes. I think it'd be better to keep everyone a minimum of a little shorter than an average human.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Yeah, but that sort of takes a more comical Zootopia approach, like the buses with tiny doors and the tiny cities... I kind of want to refrain from the Disney vibes. I think it'd be better to keep everyone a minimum of a little shorter than an average human.
ok it means that i have then at least use my normal sized sona then :D

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
ok it means that i have then at least use my normal sized sona then :D
Or make one especially for this, that's what I'm doing. I mean, this is a custom species. Absolutely no problem with keeping the name and likenesses though, unless we manage to develop an entire language where the names use certain accents n' shit. But I doubt it.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Or make one especially for this, that's what I'm doing. I mean, this is a custom species. Absolutely no problem with keeping the name and likenesses though, unless we manage to develop an entire language where the names use certain accents n' shit. But I doubt it.
well my sona is kinda a shape shifhter with an exception that fur color pattern stays to same. so kinda can use my sona as a char also and i don't mind using it as a char in RP :D cause i don't have any plans to make or add new chars to my collection :)

edit:
well forgot the quote but. oh well added it afterwards :D

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
well my sona is kinda a shape shifhter with an exception that fur color pattern stays to same. so kinda can use my sona as a char also and i don't mind using it as a char in RP :D cause i don't have any plans to make or add new chars to my collection :)

edit:
well forgot the quote but. oh well added it afterwards :D
Well, like I said, you can keep name and likenesses; so it's still your character in spirit. But it's gotta be lore-friendly and I don't think shapeshifters are part of the story. The whole point of worldbuilding is that it's meant to be built up from scratch with no templates, but I'm willing to allow basic things like names and likenesses to characters.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
Well, like I said, you can keep name and likenesses; so it's still your character in spirit. But it's gotta be lore-friendly and I don't think shapeshifters are part of the story. The whole point of worldbuilding is that it's meant to be built up from scratch with no templates, but I'm willing to allow basic things like names and likenesses to characters.
Now the qustion is: what is the lore-friendly species? Is it a mutation of existing species or multiple ocean-inspired original species? If it is an orginal species it may be more difficult to imagine depending how soon the ref material is made.