• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Big Worldbuilding/In-depth RP Project

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Now the qustion is: what is the lore-friendly species? Is it a mutation of existing species or multiple ocean-inspired original species? If it is an orginal species it may be more difficult to imagine depending how soon the ref material is made.
I'm using sergals a template design and adding aquatic bits until something original pops up and changes everything. The pointed nose just seems appropriate for aquatic aerodynamics. So, for now, imagine a sergal crossed with a Zora from Zelda.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
Sergal? Don't know what that is. I'll look it up.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Well, like I said, you can keep name and likenesses; so it's still your character in spirit. But it's gotta be lore-friendly and I don't think shapeshifters are part of the story. The whole point of worldbuilding is that it's meant to be built up from scratch with no templates, but I'm willing to allow basic things like names and likenesses to characters.

yes i understand. i sometimes misunderstand cause english is not my native language i use. Of course i meant my char(sona to be lore friendly of the world with no changes. your world your rules :)

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Sergal? Don't know what that is. I'll look it up.
character_kii___sergal_head_reference_1_w__guides_by_mulix33-d8w8y39.jpg

yes i understand. i sometimes misunderstand cause english is not my native language i use. Of course i meant my char(sona to be lore friendly of the world with no changes. your world your rules :)
No problem. :3

lyar

I had forgotten those were called sergals thank you for the picture.

lyar

Now that I think about it the species kinda sounds a shark furry. IMO shark furries kinda look like a sergal plus a zora. I feel like another species is needed. One with features that aren't as angular as the sergal but its up to you, Rinku. I am just giving suggestions.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Now that I think about it the species kinda sounds a shark furry. IMO shark furries kinda look like a sergal plus a zora. I feel like another species is needed. One with features that aren't as angular as the sergal but its up to you, Rinku. I am just giving suggestions.
No, you're absolutely right. That's a difficult one though. Sharks wouldn't blend well with the neon parkour theme unless we found a way to make it like swimming in air... OH. They could literally *become* graffiti instead of neon powers and swim in walls! :D

lyar

No, you're absolutely right. That's a difficult one though. Sharks wouldn't blend well with the neon parkour theme unless we found a way to make it like swimming in air... OH. They could literally *become* graffiti instead of neon powers and swim in walls! :D
That's a pretty cool idea. Although, are you going just use sharks instead of an original creation? If so I would advise to create a species that has attributes of other existing species such as a shark.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
That's a pretty cool idea. Although, are you going just use sharks instead of an original creation? If so I would advise to create a species that has attributes of other existing species such as a shark.
Perhaps we should just leave it as earthly aquatic life. Sharks, dolphins, orcas... though we should probably design something weird like anthro minnows or seahorses. Whatever would look good anthro.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Perhaps we should just leave it as earthly aquatic life. Sharks, dolphins, orcas... though we should probably design something weird like anthro minnows or seahorses. Whatever would look good anthro.
well designing a new kind of species needs lots of thinking and a artist to pull it off.

lyar

Well, there was this betta fish in the Sonic comic.
latest

Like if it was something like an angel fish or something like that, this would make an easy starting point.
Neat. If we've agreed we are going to do sea animals we can start talking about the beginning of the story. For example, should we start with all the main characters knowing each other already or have them meet? The first option makes the world easier to grasp because the focus won't initially be on the characters but the setting instead. We could make it so our characters are childhood friends and tell their story through conversation between friends.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Neat. If we've agreed we are going to do sea animals we can start talking about the beginning of the story. For example, should we start with all the main characters knowing each other already or have them meet? The first option makes the world easier to grasp because the focus won't initially be on the characters but the setting instead. We could make it so our characters are childhood friends and tell their story through conversation between friends.
well they kinda can start from few friends at start and then meeting few more along the way. Story wise i mean.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
well they kinda can start from few friends at start and then meeting few more along the way. Story wise i mean.
(Just got hired at an interview, w00t!) The setting seems really important to establish. If they already all know eachother, we can focus on the underwater setting, the dark atmosphere, the mechanical police force and then proceed on the characters getting their graffiti powers.
How the hell do the characters get their powers?

lyar

Congrats!
Ok first question for the setting: Will the setting be in a city?
Second: If so would you like its origin to be that it was built by the people who currently live there or found and inhabited? By found and inhabited I mean do we want the city to be remains of an ancient race?
Third: Do human beings still exist on the surface?

These questions will lead to how the characters get their powers. If humans exist the characters could have encountered atomic waste. If humans do not exist the characters could have gained powers through relics that may or may not have a link to the technology of the police-robots.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Underwater dome city rebuilt from remnants of Seattle. Humans already drowned and aquatic life has evolved to be able to live on the mountains and hills that peak out of the ocean and to eventually build domes over ancient human cities. Atlantis could be integrated as an ancient city before humans known for its art and perhaps an artifact could lead to the graffiti powers.

lyar

Underwater dome city rebuilt from remnants of Seattle. Humans already drowned and aquatic life has evolved to be able to live on the mountains and hills that peak out of the ocean and to eventually build domes over ancient human cities. Atlantis could be integrated as an ancient city before humans known for its art and perhaps an artifact could lead to the graffiti powers.
Interesting very interesting. Ok so what would bring our "heroes" to Atlantis? Which theoretically would be very deep in the ocean by then.

I have two recommendations in terms of the powers: 1.) the relics or artifact fuse with the characters in the form of a tattoo or a metal symbol on their chest
2.) The police/gov't know of them and want them

R

Rangifenn

bioluminescence could be a character trait.
I recall it was part of the Atlantean mythos that the city was run on the power emanations of crystal formations.

R

Rangifenn

perhaps they have a crystal of unknown energy, and wish to use it for their purpose, but there's a secret police hunting it down for the gov.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Interesting very interesting. Ok so what would bring our "heroes" to Atlantis? Which theoretically would be very deep in the ocean by then.

I have two recommendations in terms of the powers: 1.) the relics or artifact fuse with the characters in the form of a tattoo or a metal symbol on their chest
2.) The police/gov't know of them and want them
bioluminescence could be a character trait.
I recall it was part of the Atlantean mythos that the city was run on the power emanations of crystal formations.
perhaps they have a crystal of unknown energy, and wish to use it for their purpose, but there's a secret police hunting it down for the gov.
How about while the group crashes at a warehouse, this Atlantean artifact resonates through the steel boxes brought from an excavation project or something? The characters were just graffiti punks tagging up New Seattle and stealing food to get by before their powers were realized. I like this because of the irony of how graffiti in Seattle is legal during the human age.
As for the bioluminescent tattoos, that could be what intrigues further investigation by the government after our heroes gain their abilities.

lyar

Ok ok it seems we got everything together so about characters...

R

Rangifenn

How about while the group crashes at a warehouse, this Atlantean artifact resonates through the steel boxes brought from an excavation project or something? The characters were just graffiti punks tagging up New Seattle and stealing food to get by before their powers were realized. I like this because of the irony of how graffiti in Seattle is legal during the human age.
As for the bioluminescent tattoos, that could be what intrigues further investigation by the government after our heroes gain their abilities.
Neat! ... but, what if the proximity to the crystal was toxic after a time, causing aberrant mutations? Or - the tattoo's fade with use, necessitating 're-inking'? Absolute power corrupts absolutely, right?

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Neat! ... but, what if the proximity to the crystal was toxic after a time, causing aberrant mutations? Or - the tattoo's fade with use, necessitating 're-inking'? Absolute power corrupts absolutely, right?
Mutations I'll avoid in this story, but the idea of having to refill powers may work since merging with a wall can literally avoid all hostile situations.