• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Big Worldbuilding/In-depth RP Project

R

Rangifenn

Sounds like a lot to work with. Have fun. :)
I'll add more suggestions with time if you wish.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Ok ok it seems we got everything together so about characters...
Um. I'll go with a tiger shark and name him Rezu. I'm guessing we're going to need nicknames for graffiti tags, stencils and such, so that'll be "Salt", like my old tag.
Rezu's pretty laid-back and appears as a leader figure, but he often fears that he'll end up getting his friends in deep trouble while he has little care for himself and often puts himself in considerable danger.
Rezu has dark brown hair and he often wears a dark pullover sweater splattered with paint and cargo pants, (also caked in paint) he also sports a facemask he pulls over is mouth when painting. His sexuality is often questioned.

Maximor_Bloodpanda

The True Anti-Conformist
(Would've replied earlier, but I was still having that weird glitch keeping me from posting) Well, I'm planning on setting the world within a dystopian future (possibly an underwater city) with an 80's flare. I intend on there being a bit of a Jet Set Radio-like plot (coming from someone who's never played the game) where it's just a bunch of teenagers to characters in their early 20's that live their lives in warehouses, abandoned buildings and wherever else they can in the streets. Everybody has a reason for living like this whether it's lack of parents or parents kicked them out, or maybe they live like this to join this lifestyle of spraypainting, shoplifting, pickpocketing cyberpunks. Though, unlike Jet Set Radio which has characters with roller blades, (Here's a reply for your magic use, Lekamo) I was thinking of momentum-based powers where characters speed and jumping is increased while neon streaks drag behind those that use the power. Limitations or lack thereof is still up for debate.
The police are all varying robots and drones that replaced traditional law enforcement, meaning the characters have to adapt to new competition.
This is all I got.
Sounds cool. If you do plan to go through with this idea, please do contact me later.

Also, talk to me if you need help coming up with a dark side of the story.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Yeah I also agree to no mutations policy, but how about cybernetics? Like only having a missing limb replaced with artificial one? I I'll shortly come to for my char info once I get back into my PC

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Yeah I also agree to no mutations policy, but how about cybernetics? Like only having a missing limb replaced with artificial one? I I'll shortly come to for my char info once I get back into my PC
Yeah, that's alright. I can see it malfunctioning as a plot point. Wasn't @Simo acting sort of as an inventor type? He could be the one that stole the tech from a hospital or something and applied it to whatever limb.
I mean, if he's okay with that.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Yeah, that's alright. I can see it malfunctioning as a plot point. Wasn't @Simo acting sort of as an inventor type? He could be the one that stole the tech from a hospital or something and applied it to whatever limb.
I mean, if he's okay with that.
I am already coming for a idea of having mobile phone and paint spray gun integrated to the arm with changeable spray cans :) or something simpler but possible to do (only suggesting and throwing in the ideas)

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
I love to write, I'd be happy to lend a hand whenever I can. I just can't be online constantly...

Luku_Zuku

Ok, I've just got through reading every post here... And I've got a few ideas floating around in my head of mine. I was thinking of something similar to the mirrors edge storyline (And this is from someone who's beaten the game twice) where information seems to become power, and the government is trying to halt the spread of information through the public. The other thing I clocked is the entire "Swimming through walls" thing I noticed. I don't remember the exact name, but I think theres been a zelda game with that sorta mechanic implemented, so you ought to be careful of plagiarism there. Also, you were mentioning about cybernetics, and these powers about turning into graffiti on the walls. Well... Two problems here. Whilst I can understand clothes can be excepted, I was thinking that metal and similar for cybernetics wouldn't be able to traverse. Machine and "Magic" never did mix that well together after all. And also, the whole turning to graffiti thing seems a little overpowered. I was thinking that maybe the only walls they could travel on are one's with actual graffiti, which might seem easy to counter, by carrying a spray can to tag walls. But this adds a limit to the power, even if it's an unnaturally large one.

So in all, I've been able to piece this story together.

The full rp is set in a dystopian near future where the government tries to keep order and peace by keeping the ordinary public blind to the goings on of the outside world. Among the public however, are a group of non-conformists who strive against the government with spray cans, attempting to spread word outside. This caused the government to try and stamp out the threat by labelling them a terrorist threat. whilst trying to figure out how they manage to retrieve leaked information. How did they do it? Well, an underground ring led to the ability to soak ink along walls, whilst travelling along walls, although the distance is limited by the amount of ink n the wall. This meant that they carried spray cans on their person at all times, to create an emergency "portal" to be used. How is his possible? This underground ring was that of bodily adjustments. A scientist figured out how to give certain metals and everything that touched it the ability to soak across ink and out again, allowing the travel along lines of ink. The biggest use of this breakthrough was body trafficking, hiding bodies inside mere books. Now this group was using this technology to open peoples eyes to the governments treachery.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
So, you can only travel through walls if there's already paint on them? That's like Splatoon. In Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Link was able to use it to travel between dimensions, and in painting form he appeared more as a cave painting than modern day hip hop or punk graffiti. He also had a bracelet that allowed him to do so. At least in this, it would be a power coming from a non-physical source and instead of magic power that regenerates itself, you would have to absorb cans of paint and refill the tattoo markings that appear unique to each character, and when that runs out and the tattoos recede into nothing, you get forced out of the wall.

Luku_Zuku

Yeah, that makes sense, but what I was thinking was that instead of moving through the ink, was that you moved the ink itself, stretching it so you can reach your destination. Like the shadow stitching Jutsu in naruto almost, except used with ink and paint instead. Then again, havin a mark on your skin rather than a non organic addition seems more natural, so I think that your idea sounds a little better. I'd be happy to start writing a side bio if I can get some characters... yknow, like a prologue

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Yeah, that makes sense, but what I was thinking was that instead of moving through the ink, was that you moved the ink itself, stretching it so you can reach your destination. Like the shadow stitching Jutsu in naruto almost, except used with ink and paint instead. Then again, havin a mark on your skin rather than a non organic addition seems more natural, so I think that your idea sounds a little better. I'd be happy to start writing a side bio if I can get some characters... yknow, like a prologue
Sounds solid, I wrote a very small bio for Rezu a few posts back, pretty sure some other people are making characters though. I'll probably write a more full bio soon, today's gonna be sort of busy for me.
But I also really dig the Mirror's Edge approach, originally the characters were going to start as practically ruling their part of the city to having to live in hiding after the governments discovery of their powers. But a motive that puts themselves in danger for the sake of more than just themselves could work too... but what bugs me is they're also thieves that live off of shoplifting and heists for a new couch or TV, which is the lifestyle that brought them all together in the first place. It's a weird transition from fighting for themselves to fighting to show the truth to the people they steal from; in a sense, they live off of the governments lies.

Luku_Zuku

Sounds solid, I wrote a very small bio for Rezu a few posts back, pretty sure some other people are making characters though. I'll probably write a more full bio soon, today's gonna be sort of busy for me.
But I also really dig the Mirror's Edge approach, originally the characters were going to start as practically ruling their part of the city to having to live in hiding after the governments discovery of their powers. But a motive that puts themselves in danger for the sake of more than just themselves could work too... but what bugs me is they're also thieves that live off of shoplifting and heists for a new couch or TV, which is the lifestyle that brought them all together in the first place. It's a weird transition from fighting for themselves to fighting to show the truth to the people they steal from; in a sense, they live off of the governments lies.
My friends bug me to write quite a bit XD.
But what I mean by the characters, is the generation before the rp. What was the government, who ran it? Why are we fighting it? How did the non conformists form together? Was there an old leader to them? Why we're they labeled terrorists? That's what I wanna write. Fir now at least.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
well i was planning to be also a part of the story so i am willing to volunteer to give info. since i am not so good at writing long stuffs :D

Luku_Zuku

Also I was thinking that the cause of the underwater city was the government attempting a anti global warming movement, to reduce the levels of CO2 in the air, but it failed, flooding the entire west side of the world in a catastrophic series of events. The aquatic sealife found the wreakage and actually evolved to the city, forming hands and building an entire city. Eventually, divers found the city and work was done to encase it, as a last ditch for survival. Now it's like a giant bowl, and because of this, they had to build multiple levels to make as much room as possible, meaning that it became a literal underwater planet.

All 7 of my faces are running wild with this... it's been a while since I've gotten into something like I have here...

Luku_Zuku

yes and i think its probably a best option to do it in PM? and then post the bio here when its finished?
Sure thing. Problem is, I've got to go for a little while, and I'm a little sporadic with my online periods, so if I'm not online again today, I'll be online around 6-7 pm London GMT time

Lekamo

Lonely pup
Sure thing. Problem is, I've got to go for a little while, and I'm a little sporadic with my online periods, so if I'm not online again today, I'll be online around 6-7 pm London GMT time
heh no worries i am from Europe also :D (Finland) and the PM:s wont disappear from forum as far as i know :D

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
I am at a loss of what animal my character will be based off of. But what I do know is that I want my character to be named Carol and for him to be short with a fat build. I want him to be a character who struggles with being courageous and has a history of being bullied. Carol is bisexual and leans toward men but he tells everyone he is straight when he really isn't. Everybody usually goes for the cool/badass character but I want Carol to transition into a hero/good person not begin as one. Problem is that I don't know what to base his design off of. I would really like suggestions as to what sea creature he should be.

Lekamo

Lonely pup
I am at a loss of what animal my character will be based off of. But what I do know is that I want my character to be named Carol and for him to be short with a fat build. I want him to be a character who struggles with being courageous and has a history of being bullied. Carol is bisexual and leans toward men but he tells everyone he is straight when he really isn't. Everybody usually goes for the cool/badass character but I want Carol to transition into a hero/good person not begin as one. Problem is that I don't know what to base his design off of. I would really like suggestions as to what sea creature he should be.
i am also a bit loss at what animal my char should be based off.

lyar

i am also a bit loss at what animal my char should be based off.
That sucks. Ok I'll try to help brainstorming.
I'll list some fish:
Pufferfish
Swordfish
Eels
Frilled sharks
Dolphin
Catfish
Turtles
Whale sharks
Jellyfish
Flying Gurnard

Those are just some I've considered. I may just go with a pufferfish for my character. I hope this helps by the way the last fish is cool its worth looking up.

lyar

I really want this rp to happen it sounded very cool.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Also I was thinking that the cause of the underwater city was the government attempting a anti global warming movement, to reduce the levels of CO2 in the air, but it failed, flooding the entire west side of the world in a catastrophic series of events. The aquatic sealife found the wreakage and actually evolved to the city, forming hands and building an entire city. Eventually, divers found the city and work was done to encase it, as a last ditch for survival. Now it's like a giant bowl, and because of this, they had to build multiple levels to make as much room as possible, meaning that it became a literal underwater planet.

All 7 of my faces are running wild with this... it's been a while since I've gotten into something like I have here...
That'll do. You're really taking it for the team here, that's awesome! ^_^
My friends bug me to write quite a bit XD.
But what I mean by the characters, is the generation before the rp. What was the government, who ran it? Why are we fighting it? How did the non conformists form together? Was there an old leader to them? Why we're they labeled terrorists? That's what I wanna write. Fir now at least.
Well, it started as just rebelling for the sake of rebelling, but perhaps as more and more information surfaces about... something... we can change our direction to that specific thing. I'm still on board with the government finding out about our powers and then the governments violent true colors show, and later on more and more is realized and it turns into an effort to break out of the city and a new arc would begin.

Luku_Zuku

Ok, I'm still here! Just a little silent, sorry!!
I had to stay off, my laptop yesterday, so to keep my thoughts moving, I went on a 10-hour gaming marathon. (Borderlands 2... I started a new game and got to lvl 31 by the end of it...) And I had an idea involved with it. It's not overly solid, so feel free to reject it, but maybe the intel that the government was hiding was discovered by accident, by a group of people who were causing the trouble, and the effects caused them to get these tattoo's, against their wills. So now they want to spread the word through a vvariety of ways involving graffitti and signs, information traficking etc. All whilst being chased down by federal agents.

It's just an idea