• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Big Worldbuilding/In-depth RP Project

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Ok, I'm still here! Just a little silent, sorry!!
I had to stay off, my laptop yesterday, so to keep my thoughts moving, I went on a 10-hour gaming marathon. (Borderlands 2... I started a new game and got to lvl 31 by the end of it...) And I had an idea involved with it. It's not overly solid, so feel free to reject it, but maybe the intel that the government was hiding was discovered by accident, by a group of people who were causing the trouble, and the effects caused them to get these tattoo's, against their wills. So now they want to spread the word through a vvariety of ways involving graffitti and signs, information traficking etc. All whilst being chased down by federal agents.

It's just an idea
This is fair. Discovering this intel by accident would suggest that we're not active "freedom fighters" before the events of finding said intel, but we only become freedom fighters after we discover this unjust cause and how the government treats those who know too much.

About this intel though, how about this intel is about a plan to genetically alter evolution away from aquatic life to a race more beneficial to the city/factory lifestyle. Everybody in the dome is conditioned to believe it's impossible to breathe in the ocean outside the dome despite obvious genetics that suggest the opposite. So we try and spread the word that this is not the case and the government only wants to be able to easily manage everyone so they can continue their plan to develop this race.

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
About this intel though, how about this intel is about a plan to genetically alter evolution away from aquatic life to a race more beneficial to the city/factory lifestyle. Everybody in the dome is conditioned to believe it's impossible to breathe in the ocean outside the dome despite obvious genetics that suggest the opposite. So we try and spread the word that this is not the case and the government only wants to be able to easily manage everyone so they can continue their plan to develop this race.
That's actually pretty clever, kudos to you. I'ma start coming up with plot lines around this.

One more thing that's kinda bugging me a little. And for this, I might have to call in a few more gaming references. How does the tattoo manifest? Are they chosen, like the outsider's followers in Dishonored, or is it a case of they have the tattoo added to their bodies willingly? I feel like they should be chosen, but have the freedom to give the power along, multiplying the users. This can give a reason to the discovery that they can breathe underwater, and can allow for more people to join the RP halfway through, keeping it nice and flexible.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
That's actually pretty clever, kudos to you. I'ma start coming up with plot lines around this.

One more thing that's kinda bugging me a little. And for this, I might have to call in a few more gaming references. How does the tattoo manifest? Are they chosen, like the outsider's followers in Dishonored, or is it a case of they have the tattoo added to their bodies willingly? I feel like they should be chosen, but have the freedom to give the power along, multiplying the users. This can give a reason to the discovery that they can breathe underwater, and can allow for more people to join the RP halfway through, keeping it nice and flexible.
How about the power comes from a being outside the dome that calls to everyone currently in the group of punks after they discover the truth about the mutations, this happens WAY after curfew so everyone has to sneak out to where this being told them to go. They all meet at a specific point of the glass wall of the dome and this beautiful creature's silhouette in the dark shares this power with everyone and tells them to share it with everyone that joins our cause, he/she also reveals that salvation resides outside the dome but not everyone can be saved. This sparks arguments of "We can't just leave all these people!" or "If we leave, who's going to stop the government?" between us and moves the plot along.

Lekamo

Lonely pup

Edit: removed the text cause was too late to reply :D

i will try to make some sort of bio for my char.

Last edited:

Luku_Zuku

How about the power comes from a being outside the dome that calls to everyone currently in the group of punks after they discover the truth about the mutations, this happens WAY after curfew so everyone has to sneak out to where this being told them to go. They all meet at a specific point of the glass wall of the dome and this beautiful creature's silhouette in the dark shares this power with everyone and tells them to share it with everyone that joins our cause, he/she also reveals that salvation resides outside the dome but not everyone can be saved. This sparks arguments of "We can't just leave all these people!" or "If we leave, who's going to stop the government?" between us and moves the plot along.
I like this idea...

And also...
Edit: removed the text cause was too late to reply
Don't make much difference to me at least. Leave it there, so we can brainstorm it. I saw it already, and I had to go do something. I also liked your idea, so I was thinking along these lines. Instead of EACH of them having a relic, There could be just ONE relic that supplies the power to all of them. This make the power a little more vulnerable, and sort of comnines the two, as the relic could also be an ancient transmitting device, leading to haing a decent voice behind the beautiful beast.

Unfortunately, that's all I have time for, so I gotsta go to sleep for school tomorrow...

BYE BYES

Lekamo

Lonely pup

I like this idea...

And also...

Don't make much difference to me at least. Leave it there, so we can brainstorm it. I saw it already, and I had to go do something. I also liked your idea, so I was thinking along these lines. Instead of EACH of them having a relic, There could be just ONE relic that supplies the power to all of them. This make the power a little more vulnerable, and sort of comnines the two, as the relic could also be an ancient transmitting device, leading to haing a decent voice behind the beautiful beast.

Unfortunately, that's all I have time for, so I gotsta go to sleep for school tomorrow...

BYE BYES

yeah sorry. was too quick to modify it. so yeah gaining powers once permanently from relic/artifact was the suggestion if some one else missed it. and the group keeps it very hidden so that it cannot be found so easily. and can choose the tattoos themself to activate the power.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
Everything seems to be in place! But how to start? Oh im so excited! X3

Luku_Zuku

Can I quickly return to the topic of the ink power? Something I'm a little confused about, does the tattoo only decrease in size whilst they're in the wall or as they move through the wall? This would leave just a little more strength to the power, and it means that they'd be able to hide using the power by not moving. Just a little something...

lyar

Can I quickly return to the topic of the ink power? Something I'm a little confused about, does the tattoo only decrease in size whilst they're in the wall or as they move through the wall? This would leave just a little more strength to the power, and it means that they'd be able to hide using the power by not moving. Just a little something...
I don't think we ever said the tattoos would "shrink" or decrease in size that would be kind of weird. What the tattoo would do however, is stop glowing or disappear. And the wall power was supposed to be for only one character I think. Each character was supposed to have their own movement-based power.

Luku_Zuku

Each character was supposed to have their own movement-based power.
Ok, that makes a little bit of sense, but theres two problems. That is a lot for me to keep track of, and it all comes from one relic... I dunno.. Maybe? I'm now at a lose as to what my OC (if I make a character. As much as I want to, I'm not online enough to RP) would use then....

lyar

Ok, that makes a little bit of sense, but theres two problems. That is a lot for me to keep track of, and it all comes from one relic... I dunno.. Maybe? I'm now at a lose as to what my OC (if I make a character. As much as I want to, I'm not online enough to RP) would use then....
It doesn't have to come from just one relic. It can come multiple relics or pieces of one relic. Well there are many movement power options. Just get creative. You could have the ability to like slide/skate everywhere despite gravity or use your hands to propell you with energy like Cole from Infamous or Ironman. You can even have a neon yoyo thing that you summon to fight or swing like Spiderman. There are so many possibilities. And I don't know about the "whole" I am not online enough to rp" because rp all depends everyone else.

Luku_Zuku

It doesn't have to come from just one relic. It can come multiple relics or pieces of one relic. Well there are many movement power options. Just get creative. You could have the ability to like slide/skate everywhere despite gravity or use your hands to propell you with energy like Cole from Infamous or Ironman. You can even have a neon yoyo thing that you summon to fight or swing like Spiderman. There are so many possibilities. And I don't know about the "whole" I am not online enough to rp" because rp all depends everyone else.
It's true I guess, I just never really liked the idea of multiple relics, because thenit feels like it's numbered, and you wanna avoid that with RP's... And when I say I'm not online often, I mean that whenever I'm online, I'm too busy to actively take part, or I'm meant to be doing something else. I don't really get "Me" time online...

lyar

It's true I guess, I just never really liked the idea of multiple relics, because thenit feels like it's numbered, and you wanna avoid that with RP's...
Why?

And the being online thing is a shame. R.I.P.

Luku_Zuku

Well, if you put a number on the amounts of powers, It means that you're putting a number on the amount of people that can RP. It would be annoying to find an RP that you would like to join, but you can't, because they're out of places for you to join, wouldn't it?

lyar

Well, if you put a number on the amounts of powers, It means that you're putting a number on the amount of people that can RP. It would be annoying to find an RP that you would like to join, but you can't, because they're out of places for you to join, wouldn't it?
Well, to be honest that's how I wanted it. Realistically in a instance like this their are limited relics. However, that doesn't stop people from participating because none of the relics are all-powerful there is till a place for people who use wits, combat knowledge and experience to help. I think it helps character diversity. And push come to shove we can say the (main)relic broke into millions of pieces and each piece gives a unique power.

Luku_Zuku

A Photography animation. If I can't get it done, I'm not gonna get as high a grade as I need to move over to 6th form

lyar

A Photography animation. If I can't get it done, I'm not gonna get as high a grade as I need to move over to 6th form
Best of luck, friend. Godspeed!

Luku_Zuku

Eh.. If I can get about 20 of them done, the rest'll come easy, and I can do the rest in the 10 hour exam next week...

Luku_Zuku

OK, I can look at the stuff for a little while, and what I'm gonna need is the OC forms for the current chair of the government and the older chair, because I'm thinking that the old Chair was slightly more open to the public, but this new leader is much more strict, so I was thinking I could write something about it, so people who join the RP halfway through can still get the general gist of what's going on.

Could someone please get on that so I can start writing???