• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Biggest "HUH?" moment in a game for you?

DrakeSparrowTree

Doom bringer of Pastrami
I am not sure if there is already a thread for this, but this means for glitches, story, or mods.
Mine has to be two things
1.Shiek turns out to be Zelda
2.SCV's confusing story

DarthLeopard

Has lost his Soul
Running around for an hour looking for an exit when suddenly its RIGHT there. Although I really can only blame my own unobservance for that.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Recently NiGHTS Into Dreams... the last lever where instead of turning into NiGHTS like you do in EVERY OTHER LEVEL you get blown away and have to fly on your own.

Killer7 the whole thing. So deliciously 'Huh?'

Ghosts and Goblins. Woo man. Sure was insanely hard to get to the end of the game and beat this boss. Wait. Wait WHAT?!? I have to beat it all over again to get to the real end? HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
FF7, between the shoddy localization, the insipid plot, and the game's retarded fanbase, it's "huh?" all around.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Playing Final Fantasy X. But my "HUH?" moment was more about my confusion why this game is so ridiculously overhyped >__>
The fact that this game was the only reason why I wanted to buy a PS2 when it first launched is still emberassing for me :p

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
The last 15 minutes of so of Mass Effect 3.

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
When I encountered the dog headed humanoid in the first mafia game. Nobody believed me, but now thanks to the innernet other people have found this anomaly and uploaded it onto youtube:

[yt]NUDCrHZqJBE[/yt]

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
FF7, between the shoddy localization, the insipid plot, and the game's retarded fanbase, it's "huh?" all around.
i enjoyed the materia system but yeah the plot of that game was nonexistent besides KILL THIS DUDE WITH WHITE HAIR HE IS BAD. Also the movie was terrible, but lots of fun to watch in japanese. CROUDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Also why is barrett black?

the only huh?s that were had when i played video games was my mother saying so when i would rip them out of the nintendo and throw them at the wall because they fucking sucked.

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
i enjoyed the materia system but yeah the plot of that game was nonexistent besides KILL THIS DUDE WITH WHITE HAIR HE IS BAD. Also the movie was terrible, but lots of fun to watch in japanese. CROUDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Also why is barrett black?

The materia system was fun indeed.
And the junction system from 8 was kind of neat as well. Once you were able to create spells using items it wasn't even so tedious anymore.
I just think that the problem with these two systems was that the characters didn't really matter. The one with the best materia/junction cobination was the best.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
The Ending to Rage, if not the final level

Really they made those guys to be all bad and stuff...but apparently their one weakness is that they dont have something guarding something very valuable deep inside their base.

Cloudy

Curbside Prophet
I see FF7 has already been mentioned a couple times. Watching more anime, reading more manga, and all that, it's no longer really that weird or shocking, but I had a serious "WTF?" moment when Cloud has to crossdress. Mainly because it's not like you just pick out clothes and crossdress--but the whole "doing squats to get the best wig" and "getting in a hottub with creepers to get (I don't remember what)". I had to mess with that a few times. Totally breaks Cloud's "I'm a silent badass" character. Apparently if you play the game right, you can even go on the date at the Golden Saucer with Barrett. Never had the patience to replay the game to do that though. I really enjoyed the game though. I haven't played it since I was in 5th grade or so, so maybe I'd think differently now, but I thought it was super cool (and way better than any of the other FF's I've played, imo--although the one with Kefka was interesting.) Though, for some reason I could never get materia higher than Mog/Chocobo to work 0_o And yes. I attached the materia. It just... didn't work. Fortunately it wasn't really necessary, though it probably would've been if I had gone after the Weapons.

Littlerock

numb with cold
The ending to Golden Sun. "Alright let's get at the next part of this adventure!... wait what are those credits doing there OH COME ON I EVEN SAVED AFTER THE BOSS, FUCK."

Saving right after defeating the final boss in this game effectively traps you in a tiny town, with nowhere to go but credits. You cannot continue to advance your character, you can't complete any sidequests, you can't leave town to collect dijini. If you want a better party to advance to the next game, you have to completely fucking restart. All of this if made much worse by the fact that the final boss is not obvious; it seems like there's a good ways to go after the battle, so naturally, you'd like to save your progress.

I just URHGHGHGHHh

Last edited:

Judge Spear

I got to Hibachi in DoDonPachi 3 for my first time. I didn't even know she was in the game when I first learned about it.
After beating the "last boss", I put my controller down naturally to grab a sip of water and then her music started playing when the credits should have rolled. It wasn't really a "huh" more like "OH MY FUCKING CHRIST on a STICK!". I lost my last life on her first bullet. ;-;
The hurt...

Littlerock

numb with cold
The alternate ending to MGS:TS kind of had me wat'ing for a moment. "Wait is she really dead OCELOT YOU FUCK god damn now I have to save the weaboo he is going to piss all over the jetski as we ride off into the sunset and I don't want that."

Cloudy

Curbside Prophet
Also... playing the original Kid Icarus. If you've never played, there are these pain-in-the-butt things called Eggplant Wizards. They throw things at you... and they give you an Eggplant Curse. Which is weird enough to begin with, but like... the whole top half of your character disappears 0_o At first I thought it was some sort of glitch, but then I figured out that was probably what the otherwise-empty medical rooms were meant to fix.
...And when you are cursed you legit just have to run and jump and pray you make it to the nurse and back without dying, because without a torso it's not exactly possible to shoot arrows.

I'm pretty sure when they made that particular game they were just trying to be as frustrating as possible though.

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
My first time going through a portal, in Portal.

Also, Playing Call of Duty: W@W and being put in matches with hackers.
Such events included jumping and dying because I hit the ceiling, seeing people fly around the map at ridiculous speeds, etc.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Mass effect 3 ending. The version before it was horrible, we saw shepard choose his fate in what seems to be fatal. then however right after the credits you simply get thrown back on your ship with a text that basically says "Hey you grats for saving the galaxy blahblahblah. Buy more DLC, Shepard" with no explanation as of how the fuck he got back on it. That was the biggest "huh?" for me

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
The ending to Golden Sun. "Alright let's get at the next part of this adventure!... wait what are those credits doing there OH COME ON I EVEN SAVED AFTER THE BOSS, FUCK."

Saving right after defeating the final boss in this game effectively traps you in a tiny town, with nowhere to go but credits. You cannot continue to advance your character, you can't complete any sidequests, you can't leave town to collect dijini. If you want a better party to advance to the next game, you have to completely fucking restart. All of this if made much worse by the fact that the final boss is not obvious; it seems like there's a good ways to go after the battle, so naturally, you'd like to save your progress.

I just URHGHGHGHHh

Good thing I played the game AFTER my friend finished it :V So I was able to get everything before the final boss^^