• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

bionic and artificial limbs with fursuit paws and feet on them

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
So last night i had this idea: what if bionic and articial limbs would have a fursuit shell on them to wear casualy and make them look nicer and more cheerfull in general. It's like putting a high quality fursuit glove on your hand or a plantigrade legging on your leg . maybe even a digitegrade legging if you really wanted too using this tehnique. The paws would have special pads on them to help with gripping, really small claws and fairly short fur to not get in the way of your every day life. the shell/suit could also have some padding in it to give it a more natural shape and also be much nicer to touch and possibly even nap on. It would also probably be removable so you could wash it or simply not wear it when you dont want too. it could even be for the theme like a legless marathon runner wearing digitegrate cheetah leggings on his prosthetic leg blades! i mean, they're are litterally inspired by the hind legs of a cheetah and many of them are called "flex-foot cheetah blades" so why not? if you do it correctly, the suits legs shouldnt get in the way of your running just like the suits paws shouldnt get in the way of your writting. Overall, it would look incredibly awesome!

so what do you guys think? yay or nay? and thoughts

Last edited:

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
i-never-asked-for-this-210x210-13638063411.jpg

RedSavage1

DefunctDupAccount
I see one problem that years of technology advancement has yet to properly create an answer for.

Battery power.

Seriously. Apparently there's some new battery types in the works, but the storing and holding of a charge in a non-self-charging unit is notoriously unrefined. It's why cellphones have advanced to the level of small computers in your pocket, but still need to be charged daily or twice daily depending on use. It's why I have to set my screen brightness to "barely readable" and shut off wifi when I'm not using it, etc.

I see one problem that years of technology advancement has yet to properly create an answer for.

Battery power.

Seriously. Apparently there's some new battery types in the works, but the storing and holding of a charge in a non-self-charging unit is notoriously unrefined. It's why cellphones have advanced to the level of small computers in your pocket, but still need to be charged daily or twice daily depending on use. It's why I have to set my screen brightness to "barely readable" and shut off wifi when I'm not using it, etc.

I'm no expert on electricity, but perhaps if wireless power transmission is a safe enough thing that catches on, that would alleviate the need for batteries?

PastryOfApathy

Seems way too impractical and stupid. But it could be kinda cool to wear casually assuming the technology was there and it looked more "future robot" and less "giant stuffed animal".

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
If I lost a leg, maybe I'd get a fancy clawed prosthetic leg, à la Raiden in Metal Gear Rising. Otherwise, I'd just say nay.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Seems way too impractical and stupid. But it could be kinda cool to wear casually assuming the technology was there and it looked more "future robot" and less "giant stuffed animal".
well that's the problem. i'm also not really sure if it could have a practical purpose. it would be similar to the glove this girl is wearing. but only smaller paws with special pawpads and shorter fur on the paw itself. also making it as snug as possible wouldnt hurt.
giant stuffed animal? eh, its all a matter of taste really. either you go realistic like in my gif or you go goofy. Realictic is alot better especially for this sort of thing. atleast in my personal opinion.
and yeah, it would be one hell of an amazing thing to wear casually!

Last edited:

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
If I lost a limb I'd be torn because my dream to dance on stage would be destroyed. Maybe not with a leg, but an arm would suck big time, especially if its my good arm.

But even then, having these look like animal parts would be cool. I'd be even better if you could slide whatever you want over it, I'd definitely put an arm from my future fursuit on it if I lost an arm.

I even told my friends if I lost an eye I would get a glass eye, but not a normal glass eye, one that looks more like a cat's eye. And I'd wear an eye patch over it, to flash it once in a while, so that not everyone sees it and is all WTF??

S

Sar

I'd rather have Swiss army knife functions on my limbs than a fursuit. I want a bottle opener, a screwdriver and a motherfuckin egg whisk in my junk.

Kokoro

I've been thinking of this for some time, particularly with digitigrade legs. Loss of a limb can also mean the aquisition of many new capabilities. Might as well give it a shot, eh?

Kosdu

It seems like it would be nice to have a company making custom prosthetic shells, not just furry ones.

I mean, it'd be a way to help people learn to live with it and embrace, by letting it be theirs.

Xiangfei Su

Amputee here xD
The only problem I see with that design, and based on how my prosthetic leg works is the way the foot works.
My prosthetic leg lets the leg mechanism "bend" because of the sensibility in the tip of my toe so, are those paws flexible? and if so, when walking with them wouldn't they get in the way?
Also and I think it would not be a problem is the weight of the cover.
However, I would really like this to happen! :) I would consider it, even though i like unicorns.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.

Battery power.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...-million-times-the-energy-density-of-gasoline

Unless this is fake, we may of beaten back that issue.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I really doubt we'll have our own mini-fusion reactors in our limbs should we get a prosthetic one.
This is an answer to energy production, not storing as far as I know.
Read the paper, the tech could potentially scale as small as 4 D cell batteries.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Cyborgs are always a good choice.

VintageLynx

Analogue fuzzball
If I were to need a prothsthetic leg/foot, having at least the option of something like a cat or dog style foot would be great. Make it practical, not just a fashion covering - grippy paw pads, some claws to click on tiled flooring, interesting markings and digitgrade stance.