• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bird fursuit that glides?

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Would it be easy to make a bird fursuit that you could use as a wingsuit?

Could you maybe extend the "wing" part into a sort of bat-shape and just add light feathers to it? After all I said bird, not squirrel.

GeekyFerret

It would be pretty rad, but I don't think something like that would be easy at all to make.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Uh...no. Wingsuits are smooth and sleek for the aerodynamics required to actually using the damn thing. Hot gluing feathers to it wouldn't work too well.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Uh...no. Wingsuits are smooth and sleek for the aerodynamics required to actually using the damn thing. Hot gluing feathers to it wouldn't work too well.

But Icarus was so successful, I mean, he really made a splash.

Krysch

Until you understand a wingsuit well enough to design your own, probably best not to postulate on how you could modify one...

In terms of a head, if your gliding far above ground, wouldn't it perhaps be a minor issue, the lack of visibility that wearing a suit head would give?

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
a wingsuit is a fragile thing. even the slightest tear in it can turn into a rip and before you know it you're plumeting like a rock, and dont even get me started on how you're going to activate a parachute while wearing a wingsuit x fursuit combination
i dont think it would be very wise to jerry rig it yourself. but in the hands of a profesional i think its possible!
ofc its all going to cost like 10000$.....

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
That sounds totally safe...

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Could they still keep the bird head?

Even more no. Again, fucking aerodynamics. You have a big bulky stupid bird head on your helmet, your head's gonna get pulled backwards with the air resistance. Suddenly, whee, freefall! And you can't see what you're doing to save yourself, of course, because you decided to go gliding with a goddamn fursuit head.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Moved this to a more appropriate place. As to the question, It's likely to be difficult and I'm not so certain it's a good idea considering you vision is limited as is when in suit. You are asking for something to go wrong without dozens of professionals there to guide the freefall.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
You can skydive in a fursuit (check out Youtube), but gliding? Sounds really dangerous.