• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bird nerds!

What kind of birds do you like?

• Corvids! (Jays, crows, ravens, etc.)

• Parrots! (Cockatoos, macaws, lovebirds, etc.)

• Softbills! (Finches, canaries)

• Backyard birds! (Sparrows, doves, chickadees, etc.)

• Birds of Paradise!

• Hummingbirds!

• Penguins!

• Owls!

• Flightless birds! (Such as emus, ostriches, etc.)

• Something different! (comment please?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raptorre

Dino bird!
Hello all bird nerds and/or those who are just interested in all things feathery. I absolutely adore the creatures to bits!! Just looking to see if there's anyone else around who owns a bird or two, or even other furs who go bird watching? (Even as a young'un, its a favorite pass time of mine haha.)

I'm gonna start off by sharing my own nerd. (Hopefully the image attached). Her name is Opal and she's a white-faced cockatiel! And she is the biggest dork ever...the nerd tries desperately to mate with me, and then craps all over my pillows. She also has a habit of throwing herself head-first into bowls of pasta.

Anyone else got any funny birds/bird stories?

Raptorre

Dino bird!
It doesn't appear the pic I attached went through, so here's it hosted through imgur instead.

I might share the vid I have of her doing her dorky "mating dance" if anyones interested.

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
I love birbs. They're like little flying dinosaurs.

shapeless0ne

it's a moth! it a dragon! no, it's a avali boi!
my favorite birds are the predatory birds and I also have an thing for phoenixes, I love seeing them anthro or feral. ^.=.^
P.S I used to be an white hawk back an few months ago.

Last edited:

Inzoreno

The Gentleman Owl
What a beautiful owl??? I'm so jealous oh my goodness!!!

One of my goals in life is to be a falconer, actually! I love kestrels so very much.
Thank you, she is my special lady named Bob O., one of the three raptors I've had the pleasure of working with at the Carolina Raptor Center and one of the two I take care of currently. I too would like to be a falconer as well some day.

Raptorre

Dino bird!
Thank you, she is my special lady named Bob O., one of the three raptors I've had the pleasure of working with at the Carolina Raptor Center and one of the two I take care of currently. I too would like to be a falconer as well some day.

With mention of a raptor center, I'm suddenly reminded that with my birthday, I'm finally allowed to go volunteer at a wildlife rehab place nearby! Two years ago I got to go and a family friend (the guy who takes me birding, actually) took me on a little tour and let me pet an itty bitty screech owl. Honestly all I'd like to do in life is draw birds and work with birds, they bring me so much joy.

Inzoreno

The Gentleman Owl
With mention of a raptor center, I'm suddenly reminded that with my birthday, I'm finally allowed to go volunteer at a wildlife rehab place nearby! Two years ago I got to go and a family friend (the guy who takes me birding, actually) took me on a little tour and let me pet an itty bitty screech owl. Honestly all I'd like to do in life is draw birds and work with birds, they bring me so much joy.
That's my eventual goal, I'm currently in the process of finishing my degree in biology so that hopefully I can find employment taking care of animals, likely with birds given that's where my experience lies.

Wyvern

Potato salad
Not really a funny story, but while sitting outside once, I watched a hawk swoop down and grab a cardinal. It was pretty interesting to see that up close.

Raptorre

Dino bird!
Not really a funny story, but while sitting outside once, I watched a hawk swoop down and grab a cardinal. It was pretty interesting to see that up close.
Ahhhh nooo!! Cardinals are one of my favorites D:
Real talk tho, that must've been so cool! I love raptors (obviously), thoughhhh accipiters worry me since I wish all birds would just get along. We had a sharp-shinned hawk take up residence around our house once. He was a pretty thing, but not good for our bird-feeder-birds hah.

TheKC

Fuzzy drawing dragon!
I voted "other" because I want to vote for "all the above"! I love all them fluffy babies!! >3< ~<3

I use too own two cockatiels when I was younger. Cinnamon and Dude, found out both were female. I didn't name Dude, my brother did. XD; I miss them.

Tao

Hare Boi
I like cranes! I have friends who work for the International Crane Foundation and I've gotten to see Whooping Cranes, of which there are only a few hundred, 340 in the wild. In the winter, these cranes come to nest where I live so I get a good view of them! American woodcocks are great birds too.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Falco peregrinus anatum has always been my favorite bird, a member of falconidae, and I've only seen one in the wild before... right in front of my face no less than ten meters, about thirty feet away... and my camera wouldn't auto focus... and it flew away

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Owls, Lammergeier and corvids are sweet beans.