• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bisexuality

Kankaru

How many of you hate how bisexuals are so misunderstood?
I keep hearing and seeing people say that being bisexual is just a perverted sexual thing, or that theres no such thing as bisexuality. I get more and more offended every time I see assumptions like this.
And so, since I've seen so many posts like that on this website in my short time being here, I am going to explain bisexuality for all you people that put down on it.

Bisexuals are not perverts. We are not confused. We are not lairs. We are simply people who do not care about gender. We look past the body and see whats in the soul. We love for who you are, not for what you look like or what kind of sex you can provide. We are free to love who we wish, instead of being stuck on one thing.
I admit that there are bisexuals who are perverts, but there are even more straight people who are perverts than there are bis.

I am willing to answer any questions any of you might have about bisexuality.
So go ahead and ask away. I just want our sexuality to finally be understood.

ceacar99

behold my boomstick!
lol i remember a bit carlos mencia had recently on his show where he was explaining to a kid how to tell if he was gay and the long list ended with "and if your bisexual.... your gay".

the bit was funny but it just illustrates the largest issue with being bisexual and male. people cannot accept that you are bisexual, if your a man your either gay or straight no in between. women can be bi but guys cant, which kinda sucks....

Oni

*laughs* I concur, men are only allowed 2 sexualities. Homosexual, or Heterosexual. I guess there are very few who actually do make love to both species of human.

Oni

Sometimes I think bi is a nice cover to mask a person who is plainly gay. Just an indirect thought. ^.^

Dead-Zero

Oni said:
Sometimes I think bi is a nice cover to mask a person who is plainly gay. Just an indirect thought. ^.^

I agree in some cases. Ive already had two friends who said they were bi transitioned to gay. I guess it was like the midway point of coming out, a way to take things slowly.

Oni

For those who think having children is a goal of life, tell them homosexuality is a reproduction deterrent. Other than said, I have no issues against other sexualities.

J

Jelly

Dead-Zero said:
Oni said:

I agree in some cases. Ive already had two friends who said they were bi transitioned to gay. I guess it was like the midway point of coming out, a way to take things slowly.

I think I may be the only person in this whole damn world like this - I was gay and am now bi.

To Oni: yeah, sometimes it does seem to be a mask. Except 4 (which granted, is a minority) of the bisexuals I've known have been just bisexuals. They never moved on to full blown gayin' it up, and have had both boyfriends and girlfriends fairly consistently.

I think the only things that bug me about being bisexual is that some homosexuals choose to believe you don't exist or are just straight and full of shit, and/or heterosexuals tend to judge any bisexual they don't know the age of as confused or too young to choose. Although, to be fair, I have heard that being said to/about asexuals (moreso, the asexuals than any other group) and homosexuals.

PS: I choose to like this thread better.

sedric

Kankaru said:
We look past the body and see whats in the soul. We love for who you are, not for what you look like or what kind of sex you can provide. We are free to love who we wish, instead of being stuck on one thing
See, I never saw myself in this light, I just saw myself as a guy able to noodle both chyx n doods. I do hate the way bisexuals are seen by some as needing both a male and a female partner though, as if it were about filling a quota

Actually I'm kinda weird about my bisexuality come to think of it. Sexually I'm unquestionably bi in that I find both males and females equally attractive. Emotionally though I tend to think of myself as gay because I instinctively picture myself settling down for the rest of my life with a guy. I don't know why this should be, and I'm never sure if I should even mention it as I think it makes it sound like I have a problem with women, which I like to think I don't

Fesworks

I never really liked to think of it in terms of gay/straight.

I mean, I don;t think it is that black and white.

I think its more of what you are attracted to.... like maybe you are attracted to certain "Masculine" or "Feminine" traits (so-to-speak) in peoples' personalities, isms, apperances, behaviors, and acts. You can find an assortment of combinations in both males and females.

Its a matter of how non-brainwashed you are by society to realize that you might just happen to like such traits in the same gender/sex as yourself.

Its a combination of subconcious attraction and conscious preferences, I think.

on the topic of being "bi", would one be "gay"? well... by definition, techically yes... but by definition, you are technically straight too.... I think.

But that's all semantics anyway... people feel the need to label.

boywonder

Fesworks said:
But that's all semantics anyway... people feel the need to label.
Which is why pansexuality is awesome, because once you're a pansexual, that's the last label you'll need. It just won't matter how your partner identifies/expresses themselves, and vice versa if you're lucky enough. But bisexuals are definitely cool, because they're darn close to being pansexual.

(re jellyhurwit: Asexuals are way underrepresented. :c Probably because people can't get over the concept of not wanting/needing sex.)

If you're bisexual you're gay, it's very rare that someone who considers themselves gay has actually never done anything with women.

Tevildo

Stevethefox said:
If you're bisexual you're gay, it's very rare that someone who considers themselves gay has actually never done anything with women.
This, I think, is a good representation of mainstream opinion.

Label yourself however you like, in the eyes of the everyday world, if you exhibit _any_ attraction _whatsoever_ towards someone of the same sex, you're gay. People find it far easier to think in dichotomies; if you're not white, you're black. If you're not Christian, you're a heathen. If you're not conservative, you're a communist. (Or, if you prefer, if you're not liberal, you're a fascist.) If you're not straight, you're gay.

On the other hand - as a gay man, I've been accused of being bisexual because I don't find females repulsive. It works both ways.

Fesworks

I disagree with Bisexual = gay... but then we are arguing the definitions of words versus the actual concepts... which is almost a very pointless debate. There are loads of misconceptions, and usually very unintelligent rants (from all sides) start popping up, because its gets so subjective as well.

People on the outside trying to label a group that they are not in... is rediculous.

and the Furry community certainly sees it's fair share of such debates... not worth getting involved with arguing with most of these topics... Ends in threads getting locked and a lot of people being angry for no real good reason.

Kankaru

ceacar99 said:
lol i remember a bit carlos mencia had recently on his show where he was explaining to a kid how to tell if he was gay and the long list ended with "and if your bisexual.... your gay".

the bit was funny but it just illustrates the largest issue with being bisexual and male. people cannot accept that you are bisexual, if your a man your either gay or straight no in between. women can be bi but guys cant, which kinda sucks....

o_O Males can go both ways. Bisexuality is not limited to women.

Fesworks

Tevildo said:
Label yourself however you like, in the eyes of the everyday world, if you exhibit _any_ attraction _whatsoever_ towards someone of the same sex, you're gay. People find it far easier to think in dichotomies; if you're not white, you're black. If you're not Christian, you're a heathen. If you're not conservative, you're a communist. (Or, if you prefer, if you're not liberal, you're a fascist.) If you're not straight, you're gay.

It scares people to think about shades of grey, doesn't it ;)

Kankaru

As for bisexual = gay, I agree that the fact that we are attracted to the same sex says that we are gay, but as has been said already, we are also attracted to the opposite sex, which in turn says that we are straight.
So instead of saying bisexual = gay, I prefer the word homosexual. The definition of homosexual is a person who is attracted to the same sex. Gay/lesbian is a person who is attracted to only the same sex.

Bisexual is a term created to describe those people who had no sexuality due to their attraction to both genders.

boywonder

Kankaru said:
We don't just live in heteronormative societies, we live in macho ones. :c Anything that doesn't seem He-Mannish enough to the general public is dismissed.

Fesworks said:
I disagree with Bisexual = gay... but then we are arguing the definitions of words versus the actual concepts... which is almost a very pointless debate. There are loads of misconceptions, and usually very unintelligent rants (from all sides) start popping up, because its gets so subjective as well.

People on the outside trying to label a group that they are not in... is ridiculous.

and the Furry community certainly sees it's fair share of such debates... not worth getting involved with arguing with most of these topics... Ends in threads getting locked and a lot of people being angry for no real good reason.
And there we have, I think, one of the world's biggest problems.

Yeah, arguments about subjects like this tend to wind up being circular, because of the misconceptions being ingrained so deeply.

Get-dancing

Kankaru said:
ceacar99 said:

Yeah but its one of those things which just because it works for one sex dosn't nesercerily mean it works for the other.
Like at first at my school all the fit girls started being "bisexual" because it was like a fad, then as they slowly realised that theyre missing out on the guys they stopped and went back to being straight. Now only the total mingers are bi, probably because theyre so desperate or just want attention.
Its was same for the boys a tincy bit[/i], once this real hardnut once said during the fad that he too was bi, after a year or so someone made a remark about homosexuality to him and I asked him "Oh are you still bisexual then?" and he punched me in the face. Cant say I didn't deserve it.

boywonder

Get-dancing said:
Yeah but its one of those things which just because it works for one sex dosn't nesercerily mean it works for the other.
Like at first at my school all the fit girls started being "bisexual" because it was like a fad, then as they slowly realised that theyre missing out on the guys they stopped and went back to being straight. Now only the total rude word that makes no sense are bi, probably because theyre so desperate or just want attention.

:[ what

And here we have a perfect example of some misconceptions!
Some people call themselves bi because they believe it makes themselves desireable, yes, but that gives real bisexuals a bad name.
Girls are hot. Guys are hot. People who understand both these easy concepts are bisexual. It's not because they're attention whores, it's because they're smart.

Kankaru

Get-dancing said:
Kankaru said:
ceacar99 said:

Thats true... Its the same with being gay. When a woman is a lesbian or bisexual it's considered hot/sexy, especially the bisexual ones because it leaves more room for three-somes.
When a man is gay or bisexual it's considered weak and girly, and all that shit.
It's the same with sex. When a man has sex with 10 women in one week, or something like that, it's considered a great thing, and they get high fives and shit from all their buddies.
But when a girl sleeps with that many men, she's considered a whore/slut.

It's all ridiculous if you ask me. I think men and women should be the same. We're all people. I know plenty of women who could kick a guys ass. I know plenty of men who are perfectly straight and still able to be in touch with their feminen side. I also know plenty of gay guys who are still manly and muscular.
I hate stereotypes. More often than not they're all wrong.

Kankaru

boywonder said:
Get-dancing said:
Like at first at my school all the fit girls started being "bisexual" because it was like a fad, then as they slowly realised that theyre missing out on the guys they stopped and went back to being straight. Now only the total mingers are bi, probably because theyre so desperate or just want attention.

:[ what

And here we have a perfect example of some misconceptions!
Some people call themselves bi because they believe it makes themselves desireable, yes, but that gives real bisexuals a bad name.
Girls are hot. Guys are hot. People who understand both these easy concepts are bisexual. It's not because they're attention whores, it's because they're smart.

*Nod nod*
I hate people who go along with a sexuality just because its.. "In style" at the moment. Sexuality is not something to joke about or just go along with because everyone else is doing it. I hate people who say they are bi just to move with the crowd or get attention. It really puts a bad rap on real bis. And it's the reason so many people have all these problems with bis that I made this thread about.